Battery Warning Light Issues??? Please Help. - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Battery Warning Light Issues??? Please Help.

I have a 2005 Mazda 6i (L3 engine, Auto-trans), purchased new in 2005. Recently we have been having an issue with the battery light coming on intermittently. The battery is about two years old (7-year battery),. The alternator was just replaced (bad bearings) this month (Dec. 2014). We have taken it to three different automotive parts stores and had them check the battery, alternator, and charging system, everything checks out fine. I am an ex-mechanic and have personally checked the battery, alternator, and charging system outputs (all within range). I have checked for parasitic draws (none that I can find). We have also noticed that at idle the rpm seems to fluctuate between 600 - 900 rpm. We have also had the car die on us when we stopped several times. We can turn the key off and start it right up again, and no battery light will be on. Several miles later it will come on again. We can do the same thing when the battery light comes on; turn the key off and restart the car, then no battery light for several miles again. I have also checked for any current or pending codes, and there are none. I am at a loss, I know I am missing something, but cannot figure out what. This is driving me crazy, I need some help. Where else do I need to look, what am I missing? Can someone please point me in the right direction? I will check out all possibilities and post back here the results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Battery Cables maybe? I have had issues with my negative cable

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page