Mazda 6 Forums banner

How far does yours tilt?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  drew 
#1 ·
I can't find a better catoregory for this...but anyway...

I was operating my moonroof today, and opened it with the 'tilt' feature (a feature that I never use), only to discover that it *barely* opens this way. I mean, I can't even squeeze my open hand through the opening, just my fingers.

Does everybody's work this way, or is mine adjusted badly?

Drew

#3 ·
Originally posted by drew@Aug 28 2004, 11:16 PM
I can't find a better catoregory for this...but anyway...

I was operating my moonroof today, and opened it with the 'tilt' feature (a feature that I never use), only to discover that it *barely* opens this way.  I mean, I can't even squeeze my open hand through the opening, just my fingers.

Does everybody's work this way, or is mine adjusted badly?

Drew
[snapback]297020[/snapback]​

sounds about right....doesnt open all that wide...in fact i left mine open in a really strong rain (typhoon actually) and no rain came in thru the moon roof....so I would say that yours in fine......unless mine is jacked up too :huh:

#4 ·
Hey,mine only goes up about 1.5 to 2 inches. How far back does your go? With mine all the way it will go still has about 5 inches showing.

#6 ·
I just wish I could get mine to auto close. I left it open once and I was VERY angry at myself. I'm probably going to look into a place that does car alarms and ask if they can set it up to auto close. I think they can do it, if they can, I'll let you know. My friend says his alarm place made his windows auto open and close so I'm sure they can add a sunroof. I can't wait.

-JB

#7 ·
Originally posted by lamontjb@Aug 30 2004, 03:51 PM
I just wish I could get mine to auto close.  I left it open once and I was VERY angry at myself.  I'm probably going to look into a place that does car alarms and ask if they can set it up to auto close.  I think they can do it, if they can, I'll let you know.  My friend says his alarm place made his windows auto open and close so I'm sure they can add a sunroof.  I can't wait.

-JB
[snapback]297603[/snapback]​
I was toying with the idea of modifying the moonroof by adding a time-delay relay to give it a 'one-touch' open feature...something similar can probably be done for auto-close. I've never left mine open (knock wood) for the over 5 years that I've had cars with sunroofs, so this hasn't been a problem for me.

The only problem is that there are no limit switches in the moonroof, so there are no existing electrical components that can detect if it's open or closed. Either you'd have to stimulate the closing relay *every* time you shut the car off, or add some limit switches.

Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.