Mazda 6 Forums banner

My silverstars headlights both went out

4K views 40 replies 21 participants last post by  first mazda 
#1 ·
Ok, it's only been like 3 months since i've put silverstars in (bought them from liteswap), and now neither of them are working... its seems kinda odd that both of them went out at the same time. is it possible that they both went out after only a couple months? I thoght they were suposed to last for 1 yr at least! talk about frustrating. if this is the case, i dont think i'll be buying any new xenon lights, unless they're piaa's, cuz my friend has had his for couple of yrs and they are still going strong...

what do u guys think?

#28 ·
Replying to Topic 'My silverstars headlights both went out'

One question though. Even the Silverstars are brighter and whiter they don't illuminate the road better than the stock bulbs. Also, the stocker's light is yellow so it provides more contrast at night, but that's just me.

Anybody else notice this? Maybe I'll try the PIAAs too. I'ver heard they are the best bulbs to mimic HID. They Xtremes put out 4000k of light.

#31 ·

Nothing replaces HID, and every imitatoin will probably burn out quick enough. Plus, you get less lighting with these fake bulbs... Anyways, will never switch back to a car that doesn't have HID, way to performant!

#33 ·

I just got a reply from Osram Silvania. I told them what happened and that number of people on this board have had the same problem. The lady said to send them the bulbs and they'll send a replacement. Who knows how long the replacements will last tho.....

#37 ·
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'My silverstars headlights both went out'

You having fun dreaming, Traininwheels? ;

#41 ·

:sarc :huh :rant

When one of my Silvers went out virtually one month exactly after I put them in, I replaced BOTH (yes, I took out the good one, too) with the backup set I bought. I've been lazy and haven't sent the defectives back (holidays and hectic work schedule) and now, one month after the replacement set was put in - PFFFT!

So another goes out. It's been about 3 degrees here for over a week and when we get the warm up, we get into the 'teens. Therefore, swapping is not an option for me till I can get into a heated/indoor area. I simply refuse to pay someone at the dealership to replace a set of lights I just bought and installed a month ago. So I ran with my fogs on in the meantime. One morning I get in, start the car, turn on the lights and look at the reflection on the minivan parked in front of me. Wouldn't you know it... WHILE I was shaking my head at the fact that one of my bulbs had blown I literally witness the other one just plain go out! The car hadn't even moved yet! Are these things just temperature sensitive?

Not for nothing, but if you make an automotive bulb - it had better be able to withstand the elements. Me and Silverstars are over. I've been driving with my fogs for over a week - thank god I got the sport package or else I'd have had a nice converstaion with a cop by now. :sarc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.