post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reliability

How is reliability? I am in market for mazda, my current car is not very reliable and it is a 2010.

2014 mazda 6

What are all the problems? Please list all of them, ex. transmission fails all the time etc. small stuff too please!
Is it ok to own after warranty is up? Likely will not have warranty.

Thank you so much I am in a rush so the sooner I get this info the better. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 08:31 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2407 Post(s)
Thanked 3,822 Times in 2,668 Posts
Groaned at 13 Times in 13 Posts
Garage
@Elite6, first: Welcome to the forum!

I wouldn't worry about reliability with these cars. The 3rd Generation 6 (2014+) is using Mazda's Skyactive engines and transmissions, and they're just wonderful. Unfortunately, there's only maybe 1 or 2 people that I'm aware of who have more miles on their cars than I do, and I'm "only" hitting 100k within the next month or so. That being said, the car has been absolutely flawless for both myself, and those who have about the same milage.

So far, I've yet to hear a single story on here about failing engines or transmissions. Maybe 1 or two quirky ones, but nothing short of excellent reviews. Try looking at a Mazda forum with Cx5 owners on it also, as they are basically the exact same vehicle as the 6, but came out a couple years sooner, so there will be more people with high milage.

Don't worry about warranty, they're mostly all talk anyways. Most warranties won't cover things unless it's blatantly the dealership or manufacturer's fault.

For any gripes or complaints about small issues, go do some reading here: Consolidated thread for 3rd Gen Mazda 6 pet peeves

For all other discussions, go to the "Discussions" section of this thread: 3rd Gen One Stop Shop

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

Who would have thought a businessman would be good at running a giant business?...
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

The Following User Says Thank You to Byakuya For This Useful Post:
eyedocorlando (02-01-2017)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 10:35 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
51,000 miles on mine daily driven with no issues. Maintenance has been inexpensive and simple, and the car is easy to work on. I would feel confident at this point recommending a 2014 to you even if it's in the 40-60k mile range. They're great vehicles. If I had one gripe, the leather seats can wear quickly. Also, the only troublesome area is the stock infotainment system has its quirks but most cars do. Using bluetooth, sirius, pandora and the radio are all fine and work if used gently, and I have no rattles or squeaks. Mazda was even really nice to me and with one phone call resurfaced my 19" wheels when they peeled at 45,000 miles for free (outside warranty!). Find a really good dealer, a clean car, and enjoy. Goodluck!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 11:51 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
15,000 miles, no issues at all!. The car seems to be getting better after break-in.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
I'm approaching 100k miles on my 2015 6 Sport MTX and have had zero reliability issues. Routine maintenance only and near-zero oil consumption between change intervals.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Groaned at 11 Times in 3 Posts
Great to hear guys. Yeah my 2016 seems to be getting better with age as well. Although I only have 18K. Still good to know it'll take care of you if you take care of it...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

2016 Mazda 6 iGT Meteor Gray w/Tech ("I'm Batman!)

2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 12:09 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I am just approaching 10,000 miles on a car I bought used with only 3,500 on the clock. It's a 2014 Sport and it has been outstanding. I get 32-33 mpg in city and suburban driving and have had nary a hiccup. The original infotainment head unit sucks, but other than that I think it's a wonderful car.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 02:16 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My 2003 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T that the Mazda is replacing has actually been pretty reliable, except for when the cylinder head was cracked I went through a few months of hell with the cooling system and an expensive repair. Other than that its been solid. Really looking forward to seeing how this M6 turns out!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Groaned at 11 Times in 3 Posts
Yes gets better with age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefalo View Post
15,000 miles, no issues at all!. The car seems to be getting better after break-in.
I echo this sentiment. My 2016 has been great and the supposedly anemic engine is just getting better with age. It loves to rev and the car is just a joy to drive. I would try to find a 2016, since it has the new redesigned interior and excellent Mazda connect infotainment system. The Tom Tom system that people complain about on the 2014 and 15's was a stop gap solution. MZ connect is in a different class.

2016 Mazda 6 iGT Meteor Gray w/Tech ("I'm Batman!)

2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Had 150k miles on my 2006 Mazda 6 with ZERO issues. Just kept up with basic maintenance.

I have 30k mikes on my 2015 and it's still like new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page