What's your Mazda 6 story ? - Page 4 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 07:27 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Glad to see another Luddite on the forum.

I only use email, not FBook; I'm at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 07:30 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I agree, but I always get a kick out of somebody whipping out their smartphone to google up what 'luddite' means.

I only use email, not FBook; I'm at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 10:08 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Had a 2000 BMW 328. Best car ever drove. Bought a '14 Passat TDI manual transmission for the mileage only. Hated handling/transmission. Wanted something with mileage and handling. To be honest, have not been impressed by either. Decent, but not a BMW or diesel economy. Overall pleased with car but looking to improve handling.

Paul C
Mazda6 2016 Pearl White/Parchment Interior
Lancaster, PA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 11:43 AM
GWL

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcastellano28 View Post
Had a 2000 BMW 328. Best car ever drove. Bought a '14 Passat TDI manual transmission for the mileage only. Hated handling/transmission. Wanted something with mileage and handling. To be honest, have not been impressed by either. Decent, but not a BMW or diesel economy. Overall pleased with car but looking to improve handling.
Your expectations are too high, the 6 is a family car not a sports car and how can it compete with a BMW 3-series, different category (entry luxury car).

Not sure how you can't be impressed by the fuel economy, for the size of the car and decent power it's very good in my opinion.

Last edited by GWL; 03-28-2017 at 11:48 AM.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcastellano28 View Post

My story follows yours pretty closely once I decided to jump into the luxury sedan market in 2003. In 1998 I purchased a 1995 Mazda MX-6 (5 speed) and absolutely loved the car until I carelessly drove the car like an idiot at 100 mph + speeds for WAY too long seizing the motor. After much pondering on what to buy, I ended up w/ a car I almost wish I still had, a 2001 Honda Prelude SH (my parents ended up buying the car from me and gave it to my little sister for her 16th birthday present.....must've been nice, which of course she had no idea what she had and treated the car like shit). Being young and dumb, in 2003 I purchased a BMW 325i equipped w/ the sport/premium pkg's and I loved the shit out of the car....UNTIL the warranty ran out and I realized just how expensive it is to maintain a German automobile. Soooooo, what does my dumbass do next, purchased a more sensible car, but didn't learn my lesson about German autos and went w/ a 2010 VW Jetta TDI (IF only I would've kept it through the scandal). After 4 years of ownership and 70k miles the A/C began to work sporadically. I called the dealership explaining the issue and made an apt to bring it in and SPECIFICALLY asked if I should discontinue using the A/C to which they responded "if when you turn it on and it's works, it should not cause any issues"......STUPID me, listening to the "stealership". After bringing the car in they diagnose the issue and say the ENTIRE A/C system has been compromised because it was being ran when the problem was occurring.....to which I said, "your service dept TOLD me it was ok!!!"......We know how that turned out of course. I complained to VW corporate to which they offered me a trade in discount on a new VW....thanks, but no thanks a-holes.

I literally walked next door to the Mazda dealership, traded in the VW, and have now been the happy owner of my 6 for almost 3 years now.
BrianU and pcastellano28 like this.

~ 2014 M6 iTouring ~
- 20" Versante wheels
- Corksport SRI
- Corksport Axel-Back Exhaust
- LED Interior Lighting
- XuJi Black Suede Steering Wheel Cover
- GP Thunder 8500K Xenon Low's/High's
- 35% / 20% Llumar Tint
- VLED rear tail lights & side markers
- Centric drilled brake rotors (TBI)
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn17 View Post
My story follows yours pretty closely once I decided to jump into the luxury sedan market in 2003. In 1998 I purchased a 1995 Mazda MX-6 (5 speed) and absolutely loved the car until I carelessly drove the car like an idiot at 100 mph + speeds for WAY too long seizing the motor. After much pondering on what to buy, I ended up w/ a car I almost wish I still had, a 2001 Honda Prelude SH (my parents ended up buying the car from me and gave it to my little sister for her 16th birthday present.....must've been nice, which of course she had no idea what she had and treated the car like shit). Being young and dumb, in 2003 I purchased a BMW 325i equipped w/ the sport/premium pkg's and I loved the shit out of the car....UNTIL the warranty ran out and I realized just how expensive it is to maintain a German automobile. Soooooo, what does my dumbass do next, purchased a more sensible car, but didn't learn my lesson about German autos and went w/ a 2010 VW Jetta TDI (IF only I would've kept it through the scandal). After 4 years of ownership and 70k miles the A/C began to work sporadically. I called the dealership explaining the issue and made an apt to bring it in and SPECIFICALLY asked if I should discontinue using the A/C to which they responded "if when you turn it on and it's works, it should not cause any issues"......STUPID me, listening to the "stealership". After bringing the car in they diagnose the issue and say the ENTIRE A/C system has been compromised because it was being ran when the problem was occurring.....to which I said, "your service dept TOLD me it was ok!!!"......We know how that turned out of course. I complained to VW corporate to which they offered me a trade in discount on a new VW....thanks, but no thanks a-holes.

I literally walked next door to the Mazda dealership, traded in the VW, and have now been the happy owner of my 6 for almost 3 years now.
I'm holding back the laughter so you don't get pixxed

2016 Touring manual Deep Crystal Blue Mica/Sand leatherette

35% 3M Ceramic film|OEM NAVI, cargo tray, F&R splash guards|TPI C726445F Wheel Locks|Interior & BKup LEDs|iJDMTOY Fogs yellow Lamin-x & H9s Mazda stalk|H9 headlights
A119 dashcam w/GPS & Lexar microSDXC 128GB|Polk Audio DB351s/100V 47uF caps in dash|DXI 651s rear doors|Kenwood KSC-SW11 subwoofer|Thermoquiet acoustic insulation
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU View Post
I'm holding back the laughter so you don't get pixxed
Hey, i didn't type up the post for sympathy!! Laugh away!
BrianU likes this.

~ 2014 M6 iTouring ~
- 20" Versante wheels
- Corksport SRI
- Corksport Axel-Back Exhaust
- LED Interior Lighting
- XuJi Black Suede Steering Wheel Cover
- GP Thunder 8500K Xenon Low's/High's
- 35% / 20% Llumar Tint
- VLED rear tail lights & side markers
- Centric drilled brake rotors (TBI)
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 12:55 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
I wanted a new ~$25k driver's car with manual transmission and some comfort features - proximity key, auto AC, non-cloth non-black seats, rain sensing wipers. The car must also comfortably accommodate a reset facing infant seat. The 6 was literally one of the only new cars that fit this criteria.

Accord Sport manual lacks many of these features. Looked at the GTI and 3, but they were just too small.

It's not much of a story, but I really like my 6!
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 09:16 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 1
VW Golf TDI was giving me issues and decided I wanted something new that could match the TDI fuel mileage that wasnt a hybrid.......non existent. I then was going for a base model basic car. Thought about that for a while and said " im going to have this car for a long time so you better like what you buy" and settled on the Accord Sport, it was a done deal, never had even seen a Mazda6 at that point. I dropped my fiance' off at work one morning and sat at the railroad tracks and watched a train litterally stop on the tracks and not move for 10 minutes and I looked to my left and their was a Mazda dealership with the driveway RIGHT THERE. I said "well its better than waiting for this damn train thats not moving". I pulled in, walked through the group of 3's and suv's and saw a GT6 and went "WHOA! Thats sexy!!" And thought it must be 35k$. Well it was close but then I saw the touring model and it was the same price as the Accord sport!!! Ok im in!! That was at 730am so no one was there and I couldnt wait to come back and test drive one!! Went back that afternoon and test drove a touring and that was it, Accord.....get in the back seat!! I was sold. Now as long as I can get out the door for 24.5$$ or less ill be driving one in the next two months. Pics upon delivery!!
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:13 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I never gave Mazda a thought. I thought they were Fords and it didnt fit my criteria at the time. I was looking for a luxury sports sedan, AWD, manual transmission.

So in 2005, the first year of the new B7 gen Audi A4 is released. Im and early adopter and Im driving around town in one of the first ones. A silver 6spd quattro with nav, great car but maintenance is steep. I trade in at the 5yr mark before some major maintenance is recommended. My next car is a 2011 6spd subaru legacy gt with nav etc, second year of the 5th gen. Another good experience, no complaints. I enjoyed the car and 265hp, fun to drive family car. I cant do small compacts (married with kid) plus that tail on the wrx sti kills it for me. It is a blast to drive though.

Fast forward to april, i break my collarbone in a sports activity. Im sitting around the computer quite a bit now. My legacy gt is going on 6yrs. I forecast a clutch, brakes, tires in the near future. Im at that mileage where i can get some trade in value but if i drive it another year or 2, i might as well drive it into the ground.

I look around for slightly used cars (im not going brand new again) with awd, manual tranny, and top level trims. The usual suspects appear, bmw, audi etc. I want to try something new (you only live once). I see the new gen mazda and it is a looker. i find out that mazda has separated from ford and this is a pure mazda made in japan. Im more intrigued and investigate further. No awd, i can live with that but i cant give up the clutch. One manual 2014 6 gt comes in at a dealership near me and i go see it. I bought it on the spot.

No significant driving done with it yet but so far im happy
it looks nice in the garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page