post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tires

So, if you were looking for 225.45.19 tires, and you had a choice of Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ (W or Y); Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus; BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S, or Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06, which would you go for?
You're looking at about a total of a grand for the Mich, 800 for the BFG or Pirelli, or 750 for the Contis, mounted and balanced at DT.

BTW, the Pirelli doesn't come in 225.45, they're 245.45 but according to DT they fit. The diameter is 27.7", OE is 27", and the Conti DWS06 is 27.4" in OE size. Your results may vary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 10:39 AM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Garage
Always the proper size first, ruling out the other tires. Even ignoring that, I would go with the A/S 3+'s over any of the others. Comp 2 A/S's don't hold a candle to the Michelins, Continentals are hit or miss, and the Pirelli's also are not up to snuff with the Michelins. This comes from someone who has owned exact sets of the above that you've listed out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-

Jacksonville, FL
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeffer For This Useful Post:
Neanderthal (03-24-2017)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
17,000mi and my Conti DWS06 still look factory new. Been very happy with them. The Michelins would be a good bet also, but I got a hell of a deal on the Conti as a bonus.

I'll probably give the Michelins a go when I wear through my Contis. Now that I have a second commuter car, though, it may take a while
The Following User Says Thank You to michael95350 For This Useful Post:
Neanderthal (03-24-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
I've also had good luck with the DWS Conti's. However, I think I'm going to try the Michelins next time.

2016 Mazda 6 Touring (w/6-speed manual transmission)
OE fog lights/navigation card/auto-dimming mirror/
SXM Satellite Radio/ Tanabe front strut bar/
Orange Virus 91-octane tune/Racing Beat rear muffler

The Following User Says Thank You to jcme0557 For This Useful Post:
Neanderthal (03-24-2017)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
I have the BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S on my wife's Accord, 215/50-17. They are a great all season UHP tire! That said, you can go wrong with the Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ or Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06. Factor in overall price and expected wear to your equation when you make your decision, good luck with your purchase!

2016 Touring manual Deep Crystal Blue Mica/Sand leatherette

35% 3M Ceramic film|OEM NAVI, cargo tray, F&R splash guards|TPI C726445F Wheel Locks|Interior & BKup LEDs|iJDMTOY Fogs yellow Lamin-x & H9s Mazda stalk|H9 headlights
A119 dashcam w/GPS & Lexar microSDXC 128GB|Polk Audio DB351s/100V 47uF caps in dash|DXI 651s rear doors|Kenwood KSC-SW11 subwoofer|Thermoquiet acoustic insulation
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianU For This Useful Post:
Neanderthal (03-24-2017)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 09:56 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU View Post
I have the BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S on my wife's Accord, 215/50-17. They are a great all season UHP tire! That said, you can go wrong with the Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ or Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06. Factor in overall price and expected wear to your equation when you make your decision, good luck with your purchase!

Bf Goodrich is owned and made by Michelin for what ever that is worth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 08:52 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 1
I always go on tirerack and read the customer reviews. There are some good named tires that only get 3 out of 5 stars because of a certain reason and the consumers reviews usually reveal what the issues are( such as "its a very loud tire" or "they only lasted 15K miles"). Ive always bought tires this way and always had tires I was happy with after I started using the reviews. Some of my best tires have been 2nd tier brands like Nexen or Nankang. On my last Tundra, Nexen made the best set of tires I put on it and the list included BF's, Michelin and continental. The continentals came on it when I bought it new and they rode well but were trash in less than 20K miles, the BF's were good for the first half of their life then rode like crap the second half. The Michelin's sucked from the first mile!! Nexen lasted 15K more than any other tire and were the quietest of any of them. I got 55K miles out of them!! And handled better longer than all the rest. But that was the particular tire size on that vehicle. Paying more doesnt always mean getting a better tire.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 11 Times in 3 Posts
I have the Michelin AS3 and like them. Downside is they don't seem to last long. I'm probably going to get about 25K out of them. Then again I drive short distances ~7-20 miles a day and up to a hundred on the weekends. My understanding is that tires last longest when they get up to temp. Short distances do not allow them to achieve proper OT. FWIW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2016 Mazda 6 iGT Meteor Gray w/Tech ("I'm Batman!)

2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like to try everything once.
On a previous vehicle, I have used the contis and they are good tires. They did wear a faster than others and maybe a bit squirmier in corners at high speeds
But solid tire, no doubt

Another tire that comes in that size is the Goodyear F1 asymmetric, I had a really good experience with them.
Handles well, and fantastic wear for some reason. With me they lasted forever

Im about to mount the bf goodrich gforce comp 2 a/s on my 6gt.
I have heard good things and the come out a bit easier on the wallet relative to the others
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page