Mazda 6 Forums banner

Ford Mustang rims on 6?

10K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Intrinity187 
#1 ·
#2 ·
or in theory would this work ford focus rims 5x108 with 114.3 25mm adapters

rims- https://allentown.craigslist.org/pts/4891994304.html

adapters-http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-BILLET-WHEEL-ADAPTERS-5x4-5-to-5x4-25-1-SPACERS-5x114-3-to-5x108-5-LUG-/171700613676?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27fa27722c&vxp=mtr

the rims are a whopping +55 offset minus 25mm adapters, so an effective +30mm offset??
doable?

#4 ·
I'd prefer to get some hub centering rings personally. The Mustang wheels with that offset should work fine. I would mount one on the car without a tire to see how much clearance you have to the inside, you *might* need a small spacer, but I don't think so.

#5 ·
thanks for the bump.

im just now learning about tire/wheel fitting. so bare with me...

i figured if i had any wheel shake that id try hub centric RINGS.

the hubcentric SPACERS would be used more for clearing big brakes or giving you that tucked in look or 'stance'.

by 'inside' i assume you mean the strut/shock clearance, i never thought that was a issue. like having TOO much offset. ill have to look into that.

i do plan on test fitting and taking pics before ordering tires. the math says my planned tires 245 45 will stick out .8" past rim

id like to do the spacers if i got the clearance. doubtful as rims have less offset and tires are wider then stock 18's

#12 · (Edited)
WOWZA, thats a lil more work then im willing to do. that thing must turn in mad. thanks for the pic.

i ended up ordering 235 50 18 kuhma ecsta asx. a little taller then stock. i figured it give a smoother ride, fill in the wheel gap, possibly better mpg due to less rolling resistance and higher gear ratio and have better clearance then the 245 45 i was looking at the price of performance/handling.

#13 · (Edited)

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
hopefully i didnt make a big mistake with the 235/50/18, i could only find one person with them on a 2gen. however they did love them. they are ,gasp, 3.4% difference then stock 18" tires(2.9% compared to stock steelies). almost 1" in height. so ill be going 65 when it says 62.79mph. i like the idea of more cushion and less wheel gap. i just hope they dont look out of place and dont rub.

235/50-R18 vs 235/45-R18 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator

on the the plus side, they will give me .5'' ground clearance and .5'' less wheel gap.

apparently they are stock size front tires on mustangs, keep it going with the mustang theme. and maybe easier to sell if the time comes

i also ordered 4 TPMS for $38 shipped. worth it to me to keep dash light off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.