Mazda 6 Forums banner

3nd-Gen Wheel Thread - POST YOUR PICS/SPECS!!!----

718K views 769 replies 221 participants last post by  Bowl of Fat 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All.
Changed from stock 17 inch to aftermarket 19 inch.
Wheel Specs: HR Racing Alloy (Lexus ISF Replica) 19x8, Offset +45 , PCD 5x114.3 Machined Centrebore to 67.1mm (to fit the Mazda 6).
Tyres (Tires): 245/40R19 Federal Formoza FD2
Also added spoiler, tint, Philips Blue Vision Ultra Main Bulbs/Parkers
We liking it. Image Attached.

See less See more
#2 ·
No image. Post it to photobucket and upload the IMG link.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: app+master
#3 ·
How has the steering feel/response and ultimate grip changed?

#5 ·
My wife and I are no race drivers, but there has been no noticeable negative affects to those (steering feel/response and handling) after the change out. Ride may be ever so slightly stiffer due to the lower profile tires but have not settled on final pressure yet, currently 42psi cold, and this may be high (but wife and kids have not commented, so all good for now). Grip feels good, but I would not say better (we have chosen comfort tires, perhaps performance tires would show their pedigree in this regard). Not driven in wet yet. The FD2 tires do produce less road noise though than the Toyo T1 Sports they replaced, go figure. All in all we a happy with the change. Look forward to seeing what other wheels get rolling under other new Mazda 6s.

#11 ·
Looking at this thread, it would suggest that the wheels on the G3n Mazda 6 are "ideal". Outside of the pics in the other posts, this one's been kinda dead. Time to lively things up a bit. BBS with some "ideas" of what wheels could look like on the 6, featuring wheel that will NOT fit (due to lug orientation and offset), to wheels that possibly can.

#12 · (Edited)
"Hawt Wheels"

Wheels can be SO expensive that I wondered what some would look like on the 6, especially since the 19" wheels are so "boss". So, here are some mock-ups I made of what the New 6 "could" look like in certain wheels (Based on size, I would say these would be 19" or 20" Wheels lowered; 8.5" - 9.0" widths w/ offsets around 35 mm - 40 mm):

Avant Garde m310 :cool:

Avant Garde m355 (N/A in 5x114.3):mad:

MRR HR10 :)

Niche Touring Concourse M886 ;)

Niche Sport Targa M131 :love:

Rohanna RC5 :mellow:

Vertini Fairlady :eek:

Vertini Magic :lol:

Weds Maverick 405S :D

Please tell me what you all think! Peace.

#13 ·
Wheels can be SO expensive that I wondered what some would look like on the 6, especially since the 19" wheels are so "boss". So, here are some mock-ups I made of what the New 6 "could" look like in certain wheels (Based on size, I would say these would be 19" or 20" Wheels lowered; 8.5" - 9.0" widths w/ offsets around 35 mm - 40 mm):

Avant Garde m310 :cool:

Avant Garde m355 (N/A in 5x114.3):mad:

MRR HR10 :)

Niche Touring Concourse M886 ;)

Niche Sport Targa M131 :love:

Rohanna RC5 :mellow:

Vertini Fairlady :eek:

Vertini Magic :lol:

Weds Maverick 405S :D

Please tell me what you all think! Peace.
Great work with the above images man -- I'm a huge fan of the Targas from Niche. Monkee has em on his in anthracite and they're just sick looking.

I like the M310s too

Reactions: OCTOGONPC
#15 ·
seriously great work -- I'm a sucker for those niche targas! like mentioned, monkee has them in anthracite in 20, and I may go that route. I was looking at black too, but not sure how that will look.

Issue for me is the mrs. I would have to sell the stock rims and tires to support this investment!

Oh, and going to 20's is quite scary for a NJ guy -- with our potholes here in the garden state, running on 245/40s is a gamble

#16 ·
Hi, I don't have my GJ yet (delivery in August), but I bought 2 sets of wheels (for summer and winter) and today my dealer had them mounted on one of their showroom cars and confirmed that they fit fine:

1. OZ Superturismo LM 7.5x17ET45 (graphite)
2. Tenzo-R Meister V.2 7.2x17ET42 (charcoal / silver lip)

Here they are, being checked at the showroom:

Pictures of my Mazda 6 with the new wheels will come in a few months, for now I wanted to share this info in case anyone is considering Tenzo-R or OZ wheels for their GJ.

#20 · (Edited)
Do you have bad roads in Poland? We have bad roads here. What's the reason for going with 17s? I'd normally opt for the smaller wheels for several reasons. Lightweight, cost effective tires and wheel size selection. In this case the wheel housings are huge in the 6. A smaller wheel looks awkward but would be beneficial for harsh roads. I do think it will fix the aesthetics of the wheel/brake size proportioning.

Personally I'd like to mount some 18in BBS wheels. 19in wheel and tire combo can be spendy.

#22 · (Edited)
The roads here get pretty bad in winter / early spring, then they fix them, because if you bent your rim in a pothole you take a photo and make a claim to the road owner (usually the ward office) who then has to compensate you... But in winter, when the water freezes in the cracks in asphalt at night the potholes appear faster than they can fix them.

Although the biggest pothole I ever hit in my life was somewhere on the hwy between NYC and Secaucus, NJ, near Secaucus :)

I like to have a little air between me and the road just for comfort's sake. The 19" rims on Mazda 6 require too low tire profile for my taste. Plus, as you mentioned, the tires will be less costly and the overall wheel/tire combo will be LIGHTER, which translates to less stress on the suspension and better performance.

And I don't think the 17" rims will look "small". My previous car, known in the USA as "Acura TSX", had 17" as the largest available option from the factory - it simply had at least 2 sizes smaller tire diameter allowed on that model than in Mazda 6!

#23 ·
I had a feeling that was the reason. I'm familiar with the TSX, the Mazda has some really large tubs for wheels. The 19s make the brakes look super tiny. I'm curious to see what the 18s will look like with a more aggressive offset. +50 is a bit high for my taste. I was able to easily fit +42 on my STi without fitment or function issues on/off track. I've also ran 0,+15, +25 and +42 on my Miata. No issues either. I'll need to take some accurate measurements to see what I can squeeze in their. The 7.5 are a bit too skinny for my taste.

#29 ·
You're right about the different diameters. For comparison, the stock 225/45R19's diameter is 26.97inch, the 245/40R19's is 26.72, and the 275/35R19's is 26.58. I've driven these sets about 200km today and the handling felt like stock. Then again, I don't do extreme, max at 120-140 kmh. I've a somewhat similar staggered set during my time with my previous Optima SX for about 2 years with out adverse effects. I guess I'll know better by week end and will decide if I want to keep these on the car or upgrade to 20" ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#32 ·
Very pretty design, I was actually considering those, but ended up with OZ Superturismo LM. Not very sure about the color vs. the car body, but it's hard to judge from the photo... If YOU think they look good on the car, then they DO look good on the car :)

Just bought the very same tires. You will like them - they are some of the QUIETEST tires on the market. In EU, all tires must be rated for noise and the rating displayed on a label. These are a whole 3dB quieter than the original Japanese winter tires that Mazda 6 is sold here. And 3dB is like the difference between 50W and 100W amp :)

#33 ·
Haha, yeah, I do think they look good bronze on gray. Kinda goofy maybe but different. I think the stock 19s' look is a little too serious considering this is a FWD NA I4 family sedan. Thing's going to be dirty all winter anyway, so might as well have fun with it.

Glad to hear the tires are quiet, though mostly that'll let me hear the wind noise more clearly while my iPod loads for 10 minutes. :) Still very happy with the car so far, despite the minor flaws. Great driver.

#34 ·
Here what I have on mine. 20" Avarus av6. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Full-size car
they are absolutely awesome and fit the car like they came with them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#35 ·
Looking good.
What size tire did you go with those 20's