Mazda 6 Forums banner

Ueven wear on outer egde of offside tyre

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kirkycfc 
#1 ·
Can anyone help me. I have really bad uneven wear to the outer side of my drivers side front tyre. The mileage on the car is only 18000 so I was not expecting to see this occur. Alot of people mention camber fault or tracking but would this result in my problem. It just seems odd that all other tyres are fine on all edges but the drivers outer side is worn.
Thanks for reading:confused:

#3 ·
is it only on the outer edge? if thats it the alignment will take take of it and same if it was only the inner edge, but if you didnt check the whole tire i would do that. if it is both edges of the tire you probably just have low tire pressure. but your car probably has tire pressure sensors too so you would have been warned of that by the light on the dash. if the wear is choppy you may have hit a bad pot hole or something and blew out a shock, and if the wear was in the center of the tire there was too much tire pressure. I'm pretty sure i got all that right, its been a while since i've put that knowlege to use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.