Mazda 6 Forums banner

The Great Mazda Mountain Climb 2013

140K views 2K replies 55 participants last post by  BrassClef 
#1 · (Edited)

Wow what a meet! 8 months in the making and it was certainly worth it!

As president of NEM6, and Mazda6Club Moderator, I'd like to personally thank everyone for all their outstanding efforts and enthusiasm for this event. For being an inaugural event, it was certainly a fantastic turnout and a great day. - Byakuya

Many of you are curious as to what NEM6 has planned for next year and the years following. NEM6 Vice President SonicNutrition and I have spoken about this multiple times. We will NOT be holding another climb in 2014, but DEFINITELY plan on having one the following summer (2015). This being said, we are certainly not taking 2014 off from events, or the rest of 2013 for that matter. We will still be having regularly scheduled photo shoot meets and mod meets, as well as beach days and BBQs. We even plan on having charity events here and there to help local places.

Our plans for 2014 are not set in stone by any means. There has been talk of a Niagara Falls meet, but I will say now that such a meet is a heck of a drive for most of us NEM6ers and I personally don't see it coming to fruition like this event has - although I believe the #Canucks are planning on hosting their own meet there next year. I have also heard some interest in a Lake George meet next year. This is not nearly as far and I can see it being a real possibility.

Again, I cannot thank everyone enough for all their hard work and their dedication throughout this entire event.

@FusionGT has been kind enough to gather links to all the pictures/videos with their respectable owners:

Sponsors:

See less See more
#6 ·
Nice! Would finally get to meet you haha.

Also, if you're google mapping from your place to "Mt. Washington" itself, then it adds the 1.5 hour trip to the top of the mountain, so it may only be a 9.5 hour drive for the base. Because it says it's 4 hours away for me, but I know it's only about 3.

You'll want to see how far you are from the resort that's right there....

310 Mount Washington Hotel Road
Bretton Woods, NH 03575

#9 ·
Haha well he's over near Niagara Falls. I guess we're southern but we're not SOUTHERN like Georgia or Louisiana or Florida.

Would still be nice to meet you. Oh and sonic I read your email, let's hope he gets back to us with some good information.

Also, you an always forward me anything and I'll put it in the OP.

Sent with my flux capacitor.

#17 ·
Only if you are going to pay for them :)

Once we nail down a date I will make sure to take the time off. Once we start getting interest we can throw a list up of interested parties.

Also what hotel are we looking at? North Conway has lots of outdoor stuff to do also.

#13 ·
Also, just heard back from Mike.

"
Good morning Chris,

Thank you for your interest in driving up the mountain. Have you checked out our Mini on Top event? This year we put over 200 Mini Coopers on the summit! It was an awful night with wind and rain but everyone had a good time. Besides their drive up we utilize a tent in our field where a dinner is served, which is catered by a local bistro, and the organizers of the event from the Mini Cooper group organize raffles and fun activities before heading up. I communicate this to you in the event you would like to expand your idea of visiting the Mount Washington Auto Road.

In order to provide you with the best customer service available I have included Regina on this email. Regina will be able to answer ant and all of your questions and set a date for your group drive.

I look forward to serving you.

Mike"

So I'll keep in contact with them and find out an available weekend in May or June of 2013. I'm thinking a sunset ride is best for us considering those who have to travel. Also the invite to expand the event to a cook out before the ride up sounds good. but thats something We'll discuss with them.

#15 ·
For me to be able to make it down it would be preferred to have an evening cruise up. Having it catered would be fantastic. This really sounds like something worth making a trip for.

Sub'd to keep in the loop :)
Its the plan! Priority is going to the Forum members of MAzda6club and 6crew (even though they don't love NEM6) since us NEM6 boys are hosting and planning. If we can get 30 confirmed members we'll be golden. First thing is getting a set date. Then I'll move on to finding a hotel with some great group rates.

Also, read the yelp reviews for the auto road.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mount-washington-auto-road-gorham

Steve please add this photo to the OP.

#16 · (Edited)
^^ Thanks for emailing him Chris. It's nice not heading the meet for once :p - Not like I mind doing it, but thanks for taking the lead on this.

I've also started this thread on 6crew and it's getting some interest already.

The BBQ idea sounds pretty awesome. And holy s**t 200 Mini Coopers all on the peak!? I'm not a Mini fan, but I would have loved to see that.

17 guests currently viewing, sweeeet :)

Oh and OP Updated.

#24 ·
hmmmmm take the 6 up mount washington.... im thinking heeeellz yah and my new enhanced DL is in the mail so i can finally cross the boarder.... mr smoke and i can travel together . as for a hotel hmmmm i do have a hatchback so i might just crash out in it. maybe not though will see how ballin im doing next spring lol

#31 ·
Sweet! We're convincing Smoke to show up - This'll be great!

I'd offer up my place as a refuge but I'm 3 hours away, 9 from where you live, and don't have any extra beds lol.

#37 ·
Sweet! We're convincing Smoke to show up - This'll be great!
No convincing needed sir!! Im all over wanting to attend this. Looks like a great scenic trip. Only two things are going to hold me back.

1. Funds for gas, meals, lodging etc (gonna start tucking cash away now)
2. Convincing the wife to let me leave the country alone lol :)

#33 ·
You have no idea..... And figures stupid Murphy's law is in full action today - My car's been leaking an odd liquid (see BS thread) - I would think it's oil but my oil level isn't going down and it smells terrible (nothing like oil).

I haven't edited a SINGLE pic from the meet in 2 days...

#43 ·
Ugh my stupid phone keeps groaning people for no reason. Sorry Corey6.

I was just trying to zoom in. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.