Mazda 6 Forums banner

The Great Mazda Mountain Climb 2013

140K views 2K replies 55 participants last post by  BrassClef 
#1 · (Edited)

Wow what a meet! 8 months in the making and it was certainly worth it!

As president of NEM6, and Mazda6Club Moderator, I'd like to personally thank everyone for all their outstanding efforts and enthusiasm for this event. For being an inaugural event, it was certainly a fantastic turnout and a great day. - Byakuya

Many of you are curious as to what NEM6 has planned for next year and the years following. NEM6 Vice President SonicNutrition and I have spoken about this multiple times. We will NOT be holding another climb in 2014, but DEFINITELY plan on having one the following summer (2015). This being said, we are certainly not taking 2014 off from events, or the rest of 2013 for that matter. We will still be having regularly scheduled photo shoot meets and mod meets, as well as beach days and BBQs. We even plan on having charity events here and there to help local places.

Our plans for 2014 are not set in stone by any means. There has been talk of a Niagara Falls meet, but I will say now that such a meet is a heck of a drive for most of us NEM6ers and I personally don't see it coming to fruition like this event has - although I believe the #Canucks are planning on hosting their own meet there next year. I have also heard some interest in a Lake George meet next year. This is not nearly as far and I can see it being a real possibility.

Again, I cannot thank everyone enough for all their hard work and their dedication throughout this entire event.

@FusionGT has been kind enough to gather links to all the pictures/videos with their respectable owners:

Sponsors:

See less See more
#977 ·
OP Updated - just got a couple new registrants! :)

Confirmed Members (we need at least 30):

Note:
* means the registrant is IN for Mazda flags

1. Byakuya *
2. SonicNutrition *
3. Mz6GreyGhost *
4. Mr. Smoke *
5. Corey6 *
6. fallenAmbience
7. mmceorange *
8. justsomeguy *
9. Lara6 *
10. hotmix77
11. Shanook *
12. Brassclef *
13. BigEman *
14. Wim *
15. bazookajoe*
16. Legacy4Life *
17. Chris1600 *
18. Rossi_the_doc_46 *
19. Steelwagon6 *
20. paintballchrs12 *
21. Speed3.5 *
22. Astral *
23. chuler1
24. DisplacedMainah *
25. IMP0RT
26. Mike (Speed3) *
27. Justin T. (Mazda3)*
28. Tyler (Mazda3)*
29. Justin T. (Protege)*
30. Altspce
31. dugedug (speed3)
32. TimEngland
33. Colin T.*

#979 ·
If you plan on doing this in 2014 I would love to take a vacation up there with my wife and do the hill climb with you guys

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
We wil definitely do the event again, but we aren't sure if we'll be going back to the mountain next year, or if we will rotate a few events, one each year.

All depends on how the climb goes :)

#987 · (Edited)
We should do it! Because there is no Great Lakes m6 club and I wanna be apart of some kind of club up in here!

You're more than welcome to join in on the convos in the NEM6 area - but that's a lot of driving if you want to make it to some of our meets haha.

In other news - Just sent out the email for our Zoom-Zoom Box from Mazda. I'll keep everyone informed as to when it arrives and what came in it.

FOR THE CLIMB:

ANY/ALL Items that we receive AT LEAST 1 PER PERSON of, will be distributed to all participants.

ANY/ALL Items that we receive LESS THAN 1 PER PERSON of, will be part of a raffle.

For example: If we have 50 participants, and receive 60 Mazda pens and 10 Mazda Micro-Fiber cloths, everyone will get a pen, but only 10 lucky people will win one in the raffle.

How does everyone feel about the raffle being a Pick-n-choose drawing? Ergo, if you're chosen in the raffle, you can come up and pick ONE of the prizes we have available. We continue picking people until nothing remains. Does this work for everyone or would you rather we specify which item goes to each person if their name/number is called?

Also, if you win a prize, do we think it's fair that you're ineligible to win another until all other people's names have been called? I can't tell you how many things we'll be able to auction, but if we get enough we might be able to go around a couple times.

#988 ·
I think we should have tiered prizes. As we call off things, in tier 1, once gone we go to tier 2. Then a top prize. cause if your at the end, you get the shit that people didnt want. So if we go tier, you get whats in that group to pick from.

Reactions: Byakuya
#989 · (Edited)
So you're saying people can pick their prizes, but specific prizes are allotted to groups and we go through those groups 1 at a time?

I'm assuming everyone can potentially win in a group but no one can win more than once in a group?

Obviously this all depends on what Mazda gives us, and how many people show up.

Edit: 6000th Post!

#990 ·
I think he means like what you said orginally, called up and pick among a certain group of prizes (grouped by value, possibly, or any other grouping), then for the next group your name goes back into the pot. I understand the reasoning for that, but I'm also okay with keeping it simple with your original suggestion. Either way.

#991 ·
The Great Mazda Mountain Climb

I think for things that there are many of but not enough for everyone, get raffled off first. After those are gone, move to the next thing there are many of. Starting with whatever there is the most of and moving up to the more sought after items like MF towels & the mazda parking signs.

If you have everything out & people can pick freely all the good items will be gone first, where i think they should be saved for the end.

My 2¢

#992 ·
I think for things that there are many of but not enough for everyone, get raffled off first. After those are gone, move to the next thing there are many of. Starting with whatever there is the most of and moving up to the more sought after items like MF towels & the mazda parking signs.

If you have everything out & people can pick freely all the good items will be gone first, where i think they should be saved for the end.

My 2¢

Yeah good call. I know what you mean. Things we have more of go first, things we have less of go last because presumably they're the better items.

So people have to sit in dreaded anticipation hoping they aren't called early on lol. I like it!

#993 ·
The Great Mazda Mountain Climb

Exactly. Its a controlled raffle. Depending on how many individual items vs how many people, maybe everyone gets 2 or 3 tickets/numbers. Keep drawing tickets/numbers till its all gone & hope you get something good.

Thats how id do it. Its far more fair IMO.

#995 ·
Sounds good to me - I've put the request in for the Zoom-Zoom box - let's just hope Mazda wants to give us a bunch of neat stuff :)

Aside from that box, I'm working on getting sponsorship from a couple dealers, and NEM6 already has a garage sponsoring us and they said they might make some T-Shirts :)

#996 ·
Re: The Great Mazda Mountain Climb

I WANT A MAZDA PEN!!! D:

Oh. And a microfiber towel would be awesome too.

Soooo... if I bring my dad... do we each get to enter the raffle? :p

Sent from my VS920 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#997 ·
Soooo... if I bring my dad... do we each get to enter the raffle? :p
I was thinking about that. It definitely depends on how much stuff we get. If we have enough that there are a bunch of things to be raffled off, then sure, every adult gets counted. If this box only has a handful of stuff, then we'll limit it to current Mazda owners only :)

#998 ·
Re: The Great Mazda Mountain Climb

Psssshh. I'll buy him a Mazda matchbox on the way up :p

I legit panicked when you said all adults. And then I realized I'll be 18 by then lol.

Sent from my VS920 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#1,000 ·
So I found out today that Senior Awards Night is the 8th. :( It's an invitation only thing, but it's something I hope to be invited to, solely because everyone that goes gets a scholarship of some sort. I won't be able to confirm whether or not I can go to the climb until around May-ish, when (hopefully) the invites will be sent out.

#1,004 ·
They don't have it listed. I'd assume probably around 5 or 6. It's an 8 hour drive if I just came straight back, but I'd likely take a detour to the college I want to go to (adds an hour). So if I left at 8 AM, I'd just make it home in time.

I'll have to play it by ear I guess. If things end up working out, I'll definitely come :)

#1,010 ·
I want to make a "This car climed Mt Washington" sticker with a clear background and black (or preferably gunmetal for my car) lettering, all on one line.. to put on my bumper.

The clear background alone (or I guess it would just be the letters w/ no background?) I would think would interest a lot of people.

#1,015 ·
#1,017 ·
#1,024 ·
Glad to hear it man!

Please make sure you and any people you recruit sign up on the registration page - link is in OP of this thread :)

It's a 2 minute thing but it's going to really help us in the long run with keeping track of everything.

Thanks and can't wait for this, it's going to be awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.