The Great Mazda Mountain Climb 2013 - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 1709 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Groans: 172
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Travis Pastrana sets record for Mt. Washington hillclimb - YouTube

^ Oh hell yes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
The Following User Says Thank You to SonicNutrition For This Useful Post:
Byakuya (08-15-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 1709 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2677 Post(s)
Thanked 3,970 Times in 2,788 Posts
Groans: 0
Garage
^^ "I just want to hear him say 'jiggy jiggy'" lol.

That kid is nuts, I love watching him do stunts.

Sent with my flux capacitor.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #13 of 1709 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Mazda Guru

Also, just heard back from Mike.

"
Good morning Chris,

Thank you for your interest in driving up the mountain. Have you checked out our Mini on Top event? This year we put over 200 Mini Coopers on the summit! It was an awful night with wind and rain but everyone had a good time. Besides their drive up we utilize a tent in our field where a dinner is served, which is catered by a local bistro, and the organizers of the event from the Mini Cooper group organize raffles and fun activities before heading up. I communicate this to you in the event you would like to expand your idea of visiting the Mount Washington Auto Road.

In order to provide you with the best customer service available I have included Regina on this email. Regina will be able to answer ant and all of your questions and set a date for your group drive.

I look forward to serving you.

Mike"

So I'll keep in contact with them and find out an available weekend in May or June of 2013. I'm thinking a sunset ride is best for us considering those who have to travel. Also the invite to expand the event to a cook out before the ride up sounds good. but thats something We'll discuss with them.

|
|
The Following User Says Thank You to SonicNutrition For This Useful Post:
Byakuya (08-15-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 1709 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 12:40 PM
100% CANUCK

Mentioned: 361 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1305 Post(s)
Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,205 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
For me to be able to make it down it would be preferred to have an evening cruise up. Having it catered would be fantastic. This really sounds like something worth making a trip for.

Sub'd to keep in the loop

---
---
---
post #15 of 1709 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Mazda Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smoke View Post
For me to be able to make it down it would be preferred to have an evening cruise up. Having it catered would be fantastic. This really sounds like something worth making a trip for.

Sub'd to keep in the loop
Its the plan! Priority is going to the Forum members of MAzda6club and 6crew (even though they don't love NEM6) since us NEM6 boys are hosting and planning. If we can get 30 confirmed members we'll be golden. First thing is getting a set date. Then I'll move on to finding a hotel with some great group rates.

Also, read the yelp reviews for the auto road.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mount-washin...to-road-gorham

Steve please add this photo to the OP.

|
|
post #16 of 1709 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
^^ Thanks for emailing him Chris. It's nice not heading the meet for once - Not like I mind doing it, but thanks for taking the lead on this.

I've also started this thread on 6crew and it's getting some interest already.

The BBQ idea sounds pretty awesome. And holy s**t 200 Mini Coopers all on the peak!? I'm not a Mini fan, but I would have loved to see that.

17 guests currently viewing, sweeeet

Oh and OP Updated.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.

Last edited by Byakuya; 08-15-2012 at 01:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Byakuya For This Useful Post:
SonicNutrition (08-15-2012)
post #17 of 1709 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey6 View Post
awesome! im so in...im bringing 2 imaginary freinds...hope thats okay
Only if you are going to pay for them

Once we nail down a date I will make sure to take the time off. Once we start getting interest we can throw a list up of interested parties.

Also what hotel are we looking at? North Conway has lots of outdoor stuff to do also.

l
l
l

Have I helped you or supplied you with Information? Thank me by donating to The New England Mazda6 Auto Club
post #18 of 1709 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenambience View Post
Also what hotel are we looking at? North Conway has lots of outdoor stuff to do also.
Nothing set yet. I'm not even sure I'll be using a hotel or not. It's only a 3 hour drive for me, plus the time going up and down, it's like a normal day at work lol.

As for the hotel, I'm sure we can find the best one in the general area, I'm sure that one at the base of the mountain is very pricey, but you never know.

How close is that North Conway one?

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

post #19 of 1709 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 01:42 PM
100% CANUCK

Mentioned: 361 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1305 Post(s)
Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,205 Posts
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
If i make it out, I would likely be the one travelling the farthest & I highly doubt I would be staying at a hotel.

---
---
---
post #20 of 1709 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Nothing set yet. I'm not even sure I'll be using a hotel or not. It's only a 3 hour drive for me, plus the time going up and down, it's like a normal day at work lol.

As for the hotel, I'm sure we can find the best one in the general area, I'm sure that one at the base of the mountain is very pricey, but you never know.

How close is that North Conway one?
North Conway is like 30 minutes from the mountain. There is lots of hiking and kayacking in the area.

There is also a train that runs the MT.
Mount Washington Cog Railway - Climb to the Top of Mount Washington on the world's first mountain-climbing Cog Railway trains!

Dianna's Bath is neaby also
Diana's Baths - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

l
l
l

Have I helped you or supplied you with Information? Thank me by donating to The New England Mazda6 Auto Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page