Mazda 6 Forums banner

Rear Camber Arms

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  SonicNutrition 
#1 ·
#6 ·
there goes my money...

I wonder if corksport is working on a set...?
I read in another thread that corksport was developing a set, and JBracing already has an intake that is identical to the corksport SRI, and shifter mount bushing that are identical...(see a pattern?)

Developmnet costs are a killer, so it isn't a suprise that JBracing and corksport are sharing development costs for functionaly identical equipment that only look different color and marking wise.

So if/when Corksport comes out with their rear camber correction kit it will be the same thing, perhaps powdercoated a different color or something.

#5 ·
JITB - I know it has been requested to Corksport but not sure if they are developing any.

PRiiCeLeSS - you would only need these if your camber is out of spec or if you want to be able to adjust your camber more than stock. You could use them, but if everything fell within spec when you lowered your car there is no point. Usually these would be used for those who significantly lower their car and the stock camber adjustment is not enough to put them back within stock specs. I'm sure someone else could chime in that has further knowledge on suspension components but that is my understanding.

Thanks,

#7 · (Edited)
JITB - I know it has been requested to Corksport but not sure if they are developing any.

PRiiCeLeSS - you would only need these if your camber is out of spec or if you want to be able to adjust your camber more than stock. You could use them, but if everything fell within spec when you lowered your car there is no point. Usually these would be used for those who significantly lower their car and the stock camber adjustment is not enough to put them back within stock specs. I'm sure someone else could chime in that has further knowledge on suspension components but that is my understanding.

Thanks,
Putting corksport lowering springs takes you to the limits of the factory spec, dropping less would pull you back from the edge, and dropping more would put you over the edge. HOWEVER, those limits are to take into account bushing breakdown over time so you know when it's time to replace your bushings. So if you are at the limit now know it will only get worse over time.

Functionally what does it mean? More rear camber means more rear grip and more understeer and potentially more tire wear and some suspension component wear, although not as bad as adding spacers or bad toe adjustment would.

I would use these if you were running dropped, and or staggered and weren't willing to add more negative camber to the fronts to compensate for the extra negative rear camber. At the end of the day how good of a driver are you and how do you want your car to handle?

There are optimum values for a 60/40 weight distribution front drive car. From the factory the car has more negative camber in the rear than that optimum value to help make the car dominantly understeering for drivers that don't have the skill to control oversteer properly, and when you drop it and camber gets more negative in the rear relative to the fronts, understeer gets even more dominant.

The reason the rear gets negative camber faster than the fronts is suspension geometry. The front struts stay straighter under compression than the rear multilink setup. So when you drop the car even if evenly front and back the rears will increase negative camber more than the fronts.

#10 ·
I have these- so far not a fan. On one side, the actual bolt with the bushing keeps coming loose, even coming completely out of the camber arm. Their customer service is not the best- This is the second time I've called them and it takes a couple days for a tech to get in touch with you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Corksport or JBR ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.