Mazda 6 Forums banner

Product Release! CorkSport 2014+ Mazda 6 Lowering Springs

145K views 215 replies 45 participants last post by  Mazda6Suspension 
#1 ·
CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog » Product Release! CorkSport 2014+ Mazda 6 Lowering Springs
The CorkSport Advantage

A 1.75” Drop Front and Rear for improving the ride while maintaining safe operation
An average increase of 7% in the spring rate while maintaining a comfortable ride
Crafted from high tensile strength spring steel for long lasting quality and performance
OEM Finish to ensure lasting durability and rust resistance
Backed by CorkSport limited two year warranty
CorkSport Service and Support Receive full color installation instructions, all of the needed installation hardware with knowledgeable telephone installation support

#2 ·
wow the drop in their pic looks nice!

just needs some wide+offset wheels and it would look perfect

#3 ·
Yea that drop is perfect.

#10 ·
That drop is nice and all.

But could you say that as well if bottoming out frequently...scrapes and damages to your undersides?

Your under car shielding (a mid-engine slam against the oil pan, say driving over from a freakishly huge road debris on a highway or from a wrong approach of a driveway incline), damages to your exhaust, muffler, tailpipes, etc...Going over speed bumps would be a chore.

Not to be a killjoy here. But unless you take delight and pleasure on frequent damages under your relatively new, pride and joy M6...that drop I think is a tad too low.

#11 ·
It would certainly take some care at a near 2 inches, but nothing catastrophic like that. I'd imagine road debris at that point that could do major damage like that would do so regardless of the extra couple of inches! I have a friend that has a 3" lowered IS300, now THAT thing is a near road hazard in itself LOL. A few weeks ago in fact, he bottomed out on a manhole cover and had to have a new subframe and bumper O_O. Surprisinly, his insurance did foot the bill though! Though arguably, I don't know how low our subframes hang in these cars nor how far away the oil pan is, but generally the oil pan is protected by the subframe to some degree.

#12 ·
I just pulled the trigger on these bad boys.

#15 ·
On my Mazda3, I had first H&R springs. The ride and handling was great, but the drop was lacking (mainly due to the fact the H&R were designed for the more nose heavy 2.5, not the Skyactiv 2.0). I switched to the Corksport.

Yes, the drop was better, handling was good too, but ride comfort suffered greatly. I will wait to see what Akira thinks.

#17 ·
It's all going to come down to the spring rates and the strength and durability of the OEM dampers. I had 2" lowering springs on my Altima SER and I didn't notice any extra wear and tear on the struts and the ride was a good tradeoff of handling and comfort. That being said, it was a very robust factory damper.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#18 ·
The springs will be in my position by today or or tomorrow morning. I am in high hopes they will be installed and I will be able to give you guys a true review. I am actually having the Cj Wilson mazda dealership put them on. The same dealership that has the red mazda 6 on custom coils.

#20 · (Edited)
I have the spings but im not scheduled to get them installed until tuesday of week. I will post pics by Wednesday and a review on the ride quality aswell.

Reactions: Sideways the Seven
#21 ·
Product review:
It is definitely low.
You can barely put a finger up front and no fingers in the rear.
Looks amazing imho.
Ride quality is a big improvement. I have had Tein on my speed 3 before and it was Super Bouncy but the Corksport springs on the 6 feels nice and tight. Going over litttle bumps on the road felt quick and painless; no clunking sound like I bottomed out.

Have pics on my phone; not sure how to post from my phone. Can anyone help?

Reactions: RacingTiger03
#24 ·
Its not letting me upload them. Ill find a way.

#27 ·
Thankyou rightfullrudder;
Ill take some pictures later in the light. Looks sick in person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.