VVT Warranty Extension Program notice from Mazda - Page 18 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #171 of 210 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh_yeams6 View Post
When was it done first? Miles?
Not sure exactly but I think I was in the 65K mile range.

'06 Mazdaspeed 6|| Cobb SF & AP Stage 1 | RPM Street Springs | SPC Ball Joints | SU Rear MM | SURE Dread | Whiteline RSB |18x8 Enkei EKM3 w/ 225/40 | JBR SSP & SURE Anchors | Rotora Blanks w/ EBC Red Stuff | 6K HID lights/fogs | V2 Pre-amp |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 210 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i brought my speed6 to get the vvt and timing chain replaced. i had an intake, TIP, box and a catback exhaust, and the dealership didn't give me any hard time. They also told me that i should get my turbo replaced. Got that replaced as well, for free! Wayne Mazda in NJ for the win!
The Following User Says Thank You to geneius811 For This Useful Post:
TiGraySpeed6 (03-25-2013)
post #173 of 210 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 12:55 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hahaha really? a good gesture? common bud, this is not an easy $50 fix, its a $1000 plus job on an expencive higher end car with under 100k. your damn right mazda should be doing this, it should be recalled if you ask me!! the wont honnor mine because its an American model and i now live in Cadada so they tell me that my warrenty is void cuz of that,, LAST mazda ill ever own!!
post #174 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Groans: 1
I changed my plugs today; figured I might as well pull the VC and see how it looked inside since I was right there. @oh_yeams6, @TiGraySpeed6 your opinions would be appreciated.
I have not heard the chain at startup, but given what we see here, is a dealer visit recommended? Is showing them pictures a good or bad idea?
43,000 miles; 7 years is up in November...

Mica Black '06 Speed6 GT #02871: E85 FlowTuned - AT internals - SU RMM - CS TMM inserts - CS CBE - eBay DP - HTP 3.5" intake - Custom FMIC - GS EBCS - TS BOV - CS stress bars - CD rotors - EBC Redstuffs - H&R Sports w/ Koni Yellows - block8head pod - Redline hood struts - 18x8 Motegi Racing DV5's - 51r HTP tray - PnP IM - MS OCC - Race Built exhaust mani - GTX2867r Not yet installed: CP-e rear diff mount - SURE Juggernaught - Eagle rods
post #175 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
picture of your VC?

07' Speed6 Velocity Red Mica

Go Faster: CorkSport SRI/TIP, SU Test Pipe, Autotech Internals, IVT22's, Cobb AP
Anti break stuff: SURE Dreadnaught, TorqR6 RMM
Appearence: STRI DSD Boost Guage/Blockhead 60mm Guage Pod, Snow tire/wheels mod for the effin' snow
post #176 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Thanked 3,041 Times in 1,980 Posts
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
I'm not seeing the picture(s) which I suspect you're referring to, but will guess they are showing scars from the timing chain on the valve cover.

Honestly, most dealers won't give a care about pics. Their goal is to be reimbursed by MUSA for doing the work. Best bet is to ask the Tampa area folks for a friendly dealer and then stop by and speak with the service manager. Let em know up front that you've got mods, and that you intend to leave em on the car.

Remember, your original warranty has timed out already, this extension is based on known faulty parts. It's not a matter of if you're mods caused the issue, they have admitted the parts are an issue already, both the TC and the VVT individually. The dealer just needs to verify the parts, either or both, have failed to the point defined by Mazda.

I've been told by different dealers that the quantifier for TC stretch is how far the tensioner has extended, not if you have marks on the VC. Yeah, I bitched too, but there you have it.

So, find the good dealer, talk to the SM in person, be reasonable not bitchy, make your appointment & drop the car off the night before, and be willing to cough up the $150 to have them take it apart & inspect if needed, as more often than not they'll just replace everything once they're in there. But, if they decide it's really not bad enough they will charge you the $150, so you need to be prepared.

Good luck.

Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop

HTP 3.5"; BNRs3v1; MAC EBCS; CXR fmic; 3 BAR; GFB Respons; VTCS Delete; JBR TIG;
XS Power ExMani; M2 DP; Custom Magnaflow exhaust; Luk Clutch & Fidanza FW;
KMD; CPE SafeSeals; MD OCC; K2 & JBR EGR Delete;

Bilstein & Mazdaspeed springs; SPC's; WL RSB; Steeda F&R Adj End Links;
CPe xFlex RMM; Corksport TMM Inserts; Dread & Jugg diff mounts; EBC Yellow's &
Carbotech XP8's; Racing Brake SS brake & clutch lines

Dynojet SAE corrected 420/395
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
MWSpeed6 (08-26-2013), myarbro1 (08-26-2013)
post #177 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Mazda Guru

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
I'm dropping mine off tomorrow evening. Spoke with the SM and avoided being bitchy, as much as possible. Told him about all my mods. They'll check it Wednesday morning. On my car, you can't miss the rattle on a cold start. It's very loud. He also indicated to me that there is interest on their part to do the work and charge mazda... it's just a matter of getting permission to fix the car under warranty. My fingers are crossed. I need this done, real bad.

2007 mazdaspeed6 GT | ti. gray | #9267

Bolted + BNR S3 turbo. Tuned w/ COBB AP.
post #178 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by myarbro1 View Post
I changed my plugs today; figured I might as well pull the VC and see how it looked inside since I was right there. @oh_yeams6, @TiGraySpeed6 your opinions would be appreciated.
I have not heard the chain at startup, but given what we see here, is a dealer visit recommended? Is showing them pictures a good or bad idea?
43,000 miles; 7 years is up in November...
Pics are not showing for me either.

The point of pulling the VC and doing your inspection is to avoid the 'what if' once the dealer pulls it. As Ti pointed out, the dealer has to visually inspect it themselves, so if you can see the scoring and/or feel any slack you are covered.

Good luck
post #179 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Track Racer

maybe now?

Not sure why pics are not showing. Ill do it another way for now...
Thanks for your input fellas, it is much appreciated.
I expect them to say its not bad enough because the noise is minimal at best. Maybe Ill get lucky.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VC2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	93097   Click image for larger version

Name:	TC1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	93105   Click image for larger version

Name:	TC2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	93113  

Mica Black '06 Speed6 GT #02871: E85 FlowTuned - AT internals - SU RMM - CS TMM inserts - CS CBE - eBay DP - HTP 3.5" intake - Custom FMIC - GS EBCS - TS BOV - CS stress bars - CD rotors - EBC Redstuffs - H&R Sports w/ Koni Yellows - block8head pod - Redline hood struts - 18x8 Motegi Racing DV5's - 51r HTP tray - PnP IM - MS OCC - Race Built exhaust mani - GTX2867r Not yet installed: CP-e rear diff mount - SURE Juggernaught - Eagle rods
post #180 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Track Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh_yeams6 View Post
if you can see the scoring and/or feel any slack you are covered.

Boy I hope they feel the same way!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page