Which Interior Cleaner To Use? - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 04:35 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
303 aerospace protectant is the best in the industry for UV protection, ask anyone who works on convertibles

but first, clean it with a microfiber and some water, if fingerprints still remain, any of the aforementioned leather cleaners (lexol, mcguires, etc) will work wonders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 11:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Man I am learning so much from this thread. I never thought about pH, water vs oil, UV treatment, and treated vs untreated so it is nice to hear these details.

I never cared if it was Meguiar, Griot, Turtle Wax, or Armor All or any brand but I heard the silicone in the armour all was bad for leather. Now I just use a two step leather cleaner and conditioner and call it a day. I know high end UK British cars have a different leather that requires connelley leather stuff. I never liked that UK leather smell, reminds me of fresh fart, moldy cheese, or rich old men.

03 Mazda 6s ATX - Lapis Blue
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 07:39 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
Thanked 3,971 Times in 2,789 Posts
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncaliguy View Post
Man I am learning so much from this thread. I never thought about pH, water vs oil, UV treatment, and treated vs untreated so it is nice to hear these details.

I never cared if it was Meguiar, Griot, Turtle Wax, or Armor All or any brand but I heard the silicone in the armour all was bad for leather. Now I just use a two step leather cleaner and conditioner and call it a day. I know high end UK British cars have a different leather that requires connelley leather stuff. I never liked that UK leather smell, reminds me of fresh fart, moldy cheese, or rich old men.
You actually bring up a good point here about the info.

With @rmhpmi 's approval, I'd like to rename this thread and make it a sticky so people can more easily find/follow it. There's a LOT of good information here.

What say you, OP?

P.S. This is exactly the reason why I encourage people to make threads if they can't find the info they're after.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 10:02 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Well it's a good thing you hate the smell of Armor All - that stuff will ruin your interior over time.
Just a FYI.......that's a old rumor started by the competition DECADES ago, Armor All won't harm ANY rubber or plastic, I've used it for years without any issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to SoCalMazda For This Useful Post:
Byakuya (12-16-2016)
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 10:04 AM
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncaliguy View Post
but I heard the silicone in the armour all was bad for leather.
Armor All is water based, no silicone.
The Following User Says Thank You to SoCalMazda For This Useful Post:
Byakuya (12-16-2016)
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 10:07 AM
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael95350 View Post

Armor-All is garbage IMO. Whatever you choose, make sure there are no water based ingredients. That is Armor-All's downfall.
303 is water based and it's one of the best products out there.

If the product is water based it's not real greasy feeling.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 10:20 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
Thanked 3,971 Times in 2,789 Posts
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMazda View Post
Just a FYI.......that's a old rumor started by the competition DECADES ago, Armor All won't harm ANY rubber or plastic, I've used it for years without any issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMazda View Post
Armor All is water based, no silicone.
Doing a bit of reading into this, you're absolutely right.

Armor All had gained quite the terrible reputation a couple decades ago because of the non-water-based silicone they put in it, which had been shown to increase wear over time on vinyl products.

However, a couple decades after having switched to water-based silicone (like every other product has), they still haven't been able to shake the negativity they gained from professional detailers and enthusiasts alike.

The only remaining aspect of Armor All that's different from the competitors (beyond being slightly cheaper) is that it leaves (in general) a slightly thicker coat of gloss as an end result.

Learn something every day - though after the decade I've spent with Griots, I've already got my preference

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Moderator feel free
To do your thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp741 View Post
303 aerospace protectant is the best in the industry for UV protection, ask anyone who works on convertibles

but first, clean it with a microfiber and some water, if fingerprints still remain, any of the aforementioned leather cleaners (lexol, mcguires, etc) will work wonders

My issue wasn't all that bad. I used 303 and a microfiber towel on the interior (not the seats) and she's like new. Heck, I've only put 988 miles on the car so far. How bad could it have been?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page