LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ceramic/quartz coating

Does anyone have experience with long-term paint coatings like CQuartz or Nanoshine Ceramic Pro? The stuff that a professional has to apply and then it lasts for several years?

I have read on internet fora several Mazda 6 (GJ) owners opinions about the paint being even thinner and less resistant to scratches and dents than previous generations (ecology and weight reduction, I guess). So I thought when I get my new Mazda 6 I would take it for this kind of treatment. There are several products available where I live, but CQuartz and Ceramic Pro 9H seem to be most popular with the Ceramic stuff being several times more expensive but apparently lasting something like 5 years...

Any advice appreciated.

Marcin Bruczkowski

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 10:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
CarSPA | Auto detailing, ochrona i renowacja lakieru, usuwanie rys, kosmetyki samochodowe

Since your in poland you can use that site its the polish site for Carpro...... cquartz makes car pro this is their main webpage Car Pro Professional Car Coatings

I cant read whats on the polish site but i do know the product brand Zymol, ive used their leather care products for over 8 years not only on my car seats but also on my leather couch, recliner and my leather jackets. Stunner stuff it is.

Not sure if they sell the stuff or if its a place to go to get it done using this companies products but since i cant read what it says this is the best i can do for you for now.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 10:37 PM

Kit: Mega Bundle - www.CarPro-US.com

if you use the US site you can order the items for personal use but i have no clue what your shipping would be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 11:54 PM

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Groans: 16
I do professional cerakote ceramics and powder coating. Its not something you could successfully do without proper equipment.

tapatalking.. err wait.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 01:43 PM

What hes talking about isnt long life or durable paint...its a nano bonding subtrate that gets applied over your exsisting clear..... It basically Fills in the micro crevises in your clear and bonds to the subsurface creating an even smooth surface for the second layer. the second coat bonds to the first layer creating a coat simular to how wax works. when it dries its hard like a diamond but clear and shiny like glass. Is been around for years for the exotic (150k$) car owner circuit but recently has garnered attention with the reg market. We use it for special applications in the army so that certain equipment can just be hosed off or rinsed off with a water bottle no scrubb required.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jubeiaire For This Useful Post:
Gajdzin (05-06-2013), mrlukeplease (08-02-2013), xkreedx (05-06-2013)
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
What hes talking about isnt long life or durable paint...its a nano bonding subtrate that gets applied over your exsisting clear..... It basically Fills in the micro crevises in your clear and bonds to the subsurface creating an even smooth surface for the second layer. the second coat bonds to the first layer creating a coat simular to how wax works. when it dries its hard like a diamond but clear and shiny like glass. Is been around for years for the exotic (150k$) car owner circuit but recently has garnered attention with the reg market. We use it for special applications in the army so that certain equipment can just be hosed off or rinsed off with a water bottle no scrubb required.
Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about The stuff became so relatively inexpensive that one actually saves money on all the wax that no longer needs to be applied to the car for the next several years. Not to mention greater scratch resistance. Plus it's enough to put the car through a regular car wash (or just hose it down with water) and it looks like it's fresh from a professional detailing shop I've seen the results and they are incredible. So I'm getting this done as soon as I collect my new Mazda 6, it's just a matter of deciding which treatment: CQuartz and Nanoshine Ceramic Pro are the most popular here, the second being much more expensive. Both are available in the USA, hence my question on this forum - maybe somebody has some experience and can recommend one over the other.

Still, many thanks to all who contributed their recommendations

Marcin Bruczkowski

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! I actually live 15 min away from that place However, they only offer CQuartz treatments, not Nanoshine nor Diamondbrite. It's just so hard to decide which treatment to choose - not many car owners have experience with such treatments yet yet and of course each manufacturer claims that their product is the BEST

Marcin Bruczkowski

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 11:44 PM

In that reference its not a best its a needed.....Quartz is best for cars with age as their products usually have a 5-7 step process that goes from cleaning to restoring to protecting and finalizing at sheilding.

Nanoshine is better for new cars (on the road less than 12 months no salting) or show cars normanlly kept out of the element by garaging

Diamond is generally used for exotics with thin paint 1-2 mil [2coats] and deep gloss 5Mil thick [3 coats], and for exotics with carbon outer shells painted and cleared those are usually 1.3 mil thick single stage paint coated by single layer dual stage clear.

Exotics being Gallardos, Mclaurens, Nobel M12, Carrera GT, F430 Spider, Pagani Zonda Roadster Aston Martin DB9 Volante etc etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to jubeiaire For This Useful Post:
Gajdzin (05-07-2013)
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
Quartz is best for cars with age as their products usually have a 5-7 step process that goes from cleaning to restoring to protecting and finalizing at sheilding.

Nanoshine is better for new cars (on the road less than 12 months no salting) or show cars normanlly kept out of the element by garaging
Lots of useful info, jubeiaire, thank you!

Here, CQuartz is applied to new cars as well, they skip the initial process of paint restoration then and so it's much less expensive than in case of more aged cars. It's also several times cheaper than Nanoshine, but doesn't last as long, which makes me lean towards Nanoshine...

Anyway, I recommend some kind of treatment like that to all Mazda owners, as it's much less troublesome than regular detailing/waxing and saves money in the long run. And makes your car look like a million $

Marcin Bruczkowski

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 08:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Surprised there's no mention of Optimum's Opti-Coat. Durability when properly applied has lasted over 2 years in many instances, just not that many documented, advertised to last as long as the life of the car. I'm not even a detailer, just an enthusiast and I feel even I could apply Opti-Coat/CQuartz.

If you're going to coat your vehicle, even if it's brand new from the factory, you should still at least perform or seek out a quality detailer to perform a finishing polishing. Car covers leave marring and residue and in some cases even hefty scratches, if not removed properly, and iron fallout and rail dust and plenty of other environmental contaminates embed in the paint just in the time it takes to arrive at destination. Even more so if the car comes from a dealership (I don't even want to guess what the ratio is of dealerships having washers perform proper technique washes). I've seen images of Lamborghinis come from dealership lots with less than 50 miles on them butchered by improper wash technique.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page