Ceramic/quartz coating - Page 4 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Flyingpigglet, sorry to hear about the scratch, i hope it isnt deep enough that you need a respray. The quoted ~1400$ is not just for the coat (atleast i hope it isnt!), but for a full paint correction and a ceramic coat on top as a protectant. While there are better products in the market today than Cquartz, if ceramic coat is what you are looking for then Cquartz will more than meet your expectation.

The car detailing prices varies from one location to another, and from one detailer to another. Do shop around because most coatings with a full paint correction is usually <$600 . Now there are premium products like Modesta or Gyeon MOHS that will set you back by ~$1500+. Cquartz is the most popular, economical and widely available nano coating product, and is usually the cheapest.

Do note that no coating will protect your paint from scratches. If someone is selling you their service saying it will save your paint from scratches, then run in the other direction ! A ceramic coat will protect from the usual acid rain, industrial fallouts, bird droppings etc, but not from scratches or rock chips.

Goodluck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 09:32 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilR View Post
Flyingpigglet, sorry to hear about the scratch, i hope it isnt deep enough that you need a respray. The quoted ~1400$ is not just for the coat (atleast i hope it isnt!), but for a full paint correction and a ceramic coat on top as a protectant. While there are better products in the market today than Cquartz, if ceramic coat is what you are looking for then Cquartz will more than meet your expectation.

The car detailing prices varies from one location to another, and from one detailer to another. Do shop around because most coatings with a full paint correction is usually <$600 . Now there are premium products like Modesta or Gyeon MOHS that will set you back by ~$1500+. Cquartz is the most popular, economical and widely available nano coating product, and is usually the cheapest.

Do note that no coating will protect your paint from scratches. If someone is selling you their service saying it will save your paint from scratches, then run in the other direction ! A ceramic coat will protect from the usual acid rain, industrial fallouts, bird droppings etc, but not from scratches or rock chips.

Goodluck.
Thanks for your reply!

Yes the $1400 included paint correction, wheels, windows etc.
Is there a different product you would recommend? The new Cquartz has been introduced in the last 30 days, haven't been able to find any real information on it.

Right, it will help keeping the car cleaner. I am currently on a business trip but when I get home I will take the car to the Cquartz guy and have him check out the scratch. It is deeper then the regular circular scratches you might get from like car washes / bad hand washing.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 10:59 PM

I still think $1400 is too steep for a full correction and Cquartz coating. But if you do want to go ahead with a ceramic coating, then consider Modesta or Gyeon Mohs or Kamikaze Miyabi. I hope for that price your detailer has a closed garage to let the coating cure for 24 hrs ? It is imperative that the coating ( or any sealant for that matter ) bonds without moisture for atleast 12 - 24 hrs for longevity. Like i said in my previous post, you cannot go wrong with Cquartz, but i'd have a hard time justifying the price your detailing shop is quoting.

This is my personal opinion, when i do a cost benefit analysis of coatings on a economy segment car like ours, it just doesnt work out. Sure, sealants are more durable than wax, and coatings are more durable than sealants, but at the end of the day, on a every day daily driver econo sedan like ours, you can get away with paint correction and a good quality sealant like Menzerna or Wolfgang and get 95% of the result of a premium ceramic coating for 1/4th the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 12:41 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Garage
I'm sorry, but I don't get the difference between re-waxing my car every 6 months and applying a "refreshing liquid" every six months.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 04:28 PM

Traditional natural carnuba never lasts 6 months unless you have a show car that is garaged all the time and is only rolled out for car shows. Carnubas wear off anywhere from a week to at most a month depending on the exposure. Synthetic sealants on the other hand is more durable and usually stays on for 2 to 6 months depending on climate and level of exposure. The ceramic coatings claim they can last upto 3 - 4 years with minimal maintenance. Ofcourse it is all subjective and what may work for one may not work for others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page