Ceramic/quartz coating - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK, I looked it up and Opti-Coat is sold here as well. But not every detailer uses every product and I definitely wouldn't dream of trying to apply it myself - I would probably make an ungodly mess of it. Detailing is not one of my many talents

In the end I decided on Naonshine Ceramic Pro 9H. The most expensive one, unfortunately, but lasts 3-5 years depending on how the car is used (I have rather low annual mileage and the car is always parked in an underground garage under my block of flats, so I think I should achieve closer to 5 years). The detailer I have chosen have been applying this and other nano-coats like CQuartz, Diamondbrite and Lacroe for over 10 years, they have an impressive list of references, so I think I'll be in good hands. I visited them last weekend and saw a new Mazda 6 being treated - when asked the manager said: "Yes, we do a lot of new Mazdas, their paint is really thin and delicate..." So, after I get my new M6 and get it Ceramic-treated, I'll be reporting here on how it went and how's the result. Maybe it will help some forum users make a decision on their Mazdas paint protection.

Marcin Bruczkowski

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gajdzin For This Useful Post:
R242 (05-13-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Can't wait to see the shine! My next project is to get with my Xpel dealer and see what kind of paint protection applications he has/does. He did an excellent job with the clear bra on this car, I think he may have some ideas as well for the rest of it.

'12 Mazda 6 2.5L mtx Ingot silver K&N Typhoon intake*Borla-type Pro XS axleback*1gen 23mm rear sway bar*2gen front tower bar*Xpel laminate front end(all)*4500k HID AC ballasts*oem fog lights*legal tint*led's wherever possible
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

OK, so I was decided on Ceramic Pro 9H, but now my dealer recommended a company that regularly they work with, using a different ceramic coating: Choose NanoTech DLS 9H. Longer warranty (6 years) and significantly lower price. Unfortunately I can't find any user opinions on the internet about Choose DLS 9H. Truth be told, there's not many about Ceramic Pro 9H, either, but at least there are some...

I don't know what to do

Marcin Bruczkowski

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gajdzin View Post
when asked the manager said: "Yes, we do a lot of new Mazdas, their paint is really thin and delicate..."
I'm curious if anyone has used a paint thickness gauge to see how thick the paint on the new 6's are.

Thanks for this thread. Looking forwards to seeing some photos after you decide on the product.
The Following User Says Thank You to jollyjerry For This Useful Post:
tommyz23 (11-04-2013)
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

If I were to guess it's not the physical thickness but the chemical composition, but it could be a combination of both. One thing I know - after 3 months with Ceramic Pro 9H on my car I absolutely love it - I don't have to wash the car as often and it looks like a show car on a display for at least a week after the wash. It's very water-repellent, too, like the best wax. Minus the effort of having to wax it, now and for several years. This was a good investment, because it's making me smile every time I go down to the garage...

Ceramic Pro was one of the most expensive options, but the only one I could find that didn't require any additional, periodic treatment. You apply it once and forget about it for the next 4-5 years. That's what I needed - I juggle 3 professions and time is a luxury commodity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyjerry View Post
Looking forwards to seeing some photos after you decide on the product.
There are some things I'm pretty good at. Photography is not one of them Very difficult for me to capture that "wet look"... It doesn't quite come across here:

PS. No - not my wedding. I've been married for 15 years now Here I'm driving my band's bass player and his bride to their wedding.

Marcin Bruczkowski

Last edited by Gajdzin; 11-04-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Xherion (09-17-2014)
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
what kinda cost am i looking at if i want to do a ceramic coat like that?

2014 Mazda 6 Touring Liquid Silver
[ OVT 91 octane tune ][ CS Power Series SRI+Airbox ][ Racing Beat Axleback ][Paddle Shift retrofit][ Morimoto XB35 35w 5000k HID lows ][ LED interior lights and plate lights ][ 3M FX HP Tint ][ Dipped rims and dipped trim ]

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

Depends where you live, I guess... Here, in Poland, it cost me around the equivalent of USD1000 for the whole car and 2 sets of alloy wheels. The coat used was Nanoshine Ceramic Pro 9H. There are cheaper solutions out there, but this is the only one I could find that doesn't require any maintenance, no periodic re-applications of any chemicals, just put on and forget.
But there are other solutions out there, just google around your area...
The price seems high, but I was in Mazda showroom where they came and applied the ceramic coat before the new car was issued to me, and I could see 3 guys working on this car for 8 hours non-stop... They will check the paint with a magnifying glass (literally!) under a strong light source, inch by inch, then clean it (even on a brand new car) and then apply Ceramic Pro - coat after coat. Lots of manual work. Then the car has to wait for 5 - 7 days for the coats to fully harden before you can drive it.

How long the coat will last all depends on how well the paint was prepared before the fist application and how many coats were applied. So it's worth doing in a reputable shop that specializes in this kind of things. I would search for "car detailing" and "car paint protection" in any internet local services search site.

Marcin Bruczkowski

Jerrycobra (11-08-2013)
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Has anyone else gotten their car coated?

I'm actually looking to do my car soon with Opti-Coat Pro.

I've done some research on the two most popular choices in US: Opti-Coat and CQuartz.

Both are good options and people interested in getting these coatings can find authorized detailers on the product website.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

One piece of advise: always check if a given coat requires some periodic maintenance. I believe CQuartz does - once a month you'd have to wash your car with some special chemical. I have chosen Nanoshine Ceramic Pro 9H although it was the most expensive option simply because it was the only one that didn't require any after-care. Juggling 3 jobs I'm just too busy to have to think about it, I wanted something I can do once and forget

Marcin Bruczkowski

post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for that piece of information. I'll make sure to ask the detailer about maintenance. I didn't even think about that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page