Mazda 6 Forums banner

What is the best way to wash door jams?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Blue Mazda 
#1 ·
I usually wet them with a spray bottle with some soap in the mixture, scrub them, wet them with a spray bottle that is water only and wipe them dry. Any other suggestions?

#3 ·
Replying to Topic 'What is the best way to wash door jams?'

Originally posted by Blue Mazda

I usually wet them with a spray bottle with some soap in the mixture, scrub them, wet them with a spray bottle that is water only and wipe them dry.  Any other suggestions?
Unless your jams are really dirty?? I just wash & dry my car...then whatever towel I used to dry the car with has enough moisture on it to wipe down the door jams & side sills just fine without streaking.

#5 ·
Reading Topic: What is the best way to wash door jams?

Well, I do it the way I am saying so that they don't get scratched up and I can put wax on them. if I use a moist towel I will put little scratches in the paint and may not get them clean all the way. If I use quick detailer, I won't be able to wax on top of it. Ever put wax on an area that has been quick detailed.....don't do it. I guess I am not that far off for what I am trying to accomplish. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.