Mazda 6 Forums banner

What did you pay for your 2017.5 Mazda 6?

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  M6GJSW 
#1 ·
I think my wife and I got a great deal on our 17.5 6. I had been looking at the Civic, Accord, and Elantra Sport and we went to auto show in Albuquerque and both sat in the 6 and were hooked. We stopped by a dealer on the way home and left with a 2017.5 Touring 6 with auto,moonroof, and Bose stereo for 22k plus ttl. The sticker was 27.5k but since it was 17 they wanted it off the lot.

#3 ·
I work in marketing for an auto dealership group and although we don't sell Mazdas, 20% off MSRP is about the biggest discount you'll ever get on a new car, even last year's model. Like on most sedans, the dealer lost their shirt on the sale -- but don't worry about them, their service dept. will make it back :) Well done.

#5 ·
2017.5 Touring 6MT. The last Soul Red Mazda 6 with a manual transmission in the United States.

Got it for $19,400 after incentives and loyalty discounts. It was a smoking good deal, and my timing was nearly impeccable as the 2018 models had started landing stateside and the incentives on the older models were phenomenal. Other than adding a Tanabe exhaust, upgrading to LED lighting and getting an OV Tune down the road, there's nothing else I'd want to change on the car. As a daily driver, I think I'll be happy with it for a very long time.

#9 · (Edited)
No, not even close. As soon as the 2018s landed, I started seeing manual transmission 2017s selling quickly. Like me, I think MTX buyers waiting in the wings realized that a) the 2018 arguably doesn't look as good in person, and b) you lose a ton of features to get a manual transmission in the 2018 since it's relegated to only the Sport model. Add to that the rarity of the 2017.5 models overall, and the rarity of the MTX on top of that, and it's no wonder they sold briskly. I actually lost out on 2 other 2017.5 Mazda 6 Touring 6MTs - they got sold out from under me as I was negotiating my purchase out of state. I was finally lucky enough to snag the last Soul Red 6MT Touring in the entire United States by locking a deposit down on it sight unseen. In the meantime, watching inventory of other 6MT cars in other colors around the country, they just kept selling quickly, one after the other, until they were all gone in a matter of weeks.

Dealers honestly didn't have to deeply discount the MTX cars since they're very rare to begin with and more appealing than the 2018 MTXs. But they were deeply discounting all of the 2017 and 2017.5 models (...the vast majority of which were automatics) and MTX buyers were beneficiaries. My dealer had 2 others MTX cars that they sold the day before I bought mine. They told me they wished they had another dozen because they knew they'd be able to sell them all quickly. They were getting inquiries from all over the country.

WOW! I paid about that much for my 5-year old 2013 wagon. But in Austria a new 2018 costs approx. $ 36.000.

Is $19,400 all-in price are there any more taxes os similar that need to be added?
The $19,400 was the discounted selling price. To that, they added sales tax (just under 10%) and a few hundred in titling doc fees. The manual transmission touring has about a $1,300 lower MSRP than the Automatic Touring to begin wth, which also helped to bring the purchase price below $20,000 after factoring in all of the discounts. Mazda and the dealer offered $5,000+ in factory incentives and dealer discounts, plus I got another $500 off in brand loyalty bonus since we also own a 2016 CX-9. Overall, I couldn't be happier...The 6 is relative bargain at full MSRP, and the savings I got on mine are more than enough to pay for all of the modifications I plan to do on the car. And I'll still have money left over.

#8 ·
In the US each State has a Sales Tax. It is different from State to State but on average around 6-8%. That is added to the sale price and usually some sort of registration fee that again, varies State to State that could add another 100-300 dollars.

To complicate it a bit more if you're trading in a car, the value of that car is subtracted from the purchase price of the new car. You then only pay the sales tax on the difference.

Example:
$30,000 new car
$10,000 trade in
$20,000 Sales tax paid on this amount.

#11 ·
Tnx guys for explaining. In Austria we pay 20 % sales tax and on top of that an emission tax, equals 12 % for a mazda 6 with 2.5 NA petrol engine. That explains the price difference. :)

So a 2017.5 with highest trim (the only one available for 2.5 and AT as a must) here has a list price of $ 47.000 (41.000 EUR) including taxes + about $ 250 for the registration fee. Since the 2018s are coming any day now, discounts up to $ 9.000 are possible, but still $ 38.000 ist almost double of what you guys on the other side of the pond pay.

So jealous.... but on the other hand we at least get to buy wagons. Not sure if this is worth the price difference though. :)

#12 ·
We also get to buy guns!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.