LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
2017 Mazda6 - Price Paid

Now that the 2017 Mazda6 is finally on the dealer lots in good numbers, and we have a couple of 2017 owners among us, i thought it is time to start a new thread for deals and prices paid for the 2017 model.

Although i have no intentions to trade my 2016 GT for a 2017 model,i made an email inquiry with a couple of mazda dealers here in MD ( suburban Washington DC ). I was quoted $32100 OTD for a GT and $34299 OTD for a GT with Premium package and premium color.
jenjen777 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 05:47 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Interested in this thread as well as I am looking at the GT. Been shopping for used and new 2016's but now planning on getting the 2017, although I hate to miss out on that $1500 customer cash on the 2016's. Looks like your quote was something around $30,190 before tax and tags, correct?
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmielen View Post
Interested in this thread as well as I am looking at the GT. Been shopping for used and new 2016's but now planning on getting the 2017, although I hate to miss out on that $1500 customer cash on the 2016's. Looks like your quote was something around $30,190 before tax and tags, correct?
It is $29050 for the GT before dealer fees,tax and title. And $31650 for GT with premium package before TTL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 10:28 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks. Good pricing. Invoice less holdback is around $29511 by my calculation. Did they factor in $500 Loyalty cash since you are a current Mazda owner?
Around here, most dealer admin fees run $599. Makes me want to drive down to Don Mealey's in Orlando to buy!
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

The price is without loyalty discount. The dealer admin fees is $300 in Maryland.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Groans: 1
I love these sorts of posts... I appreciate you putting this one up, MilR. I know one thing, my next won't come from Jenkin's Mazda in Ocala, getting my '14 Touring for a good price seems to be a one time fluke. They wanted to trade me into a '16 Sport with ATX starting at $30k before dealer fee without anything but floor mats before incentives, and their 6 incentives were only $1k instead of $1.5k that Mazda's been advertising on the '16s.

Would corporate even care they were pulling that with the incentives?

Hodor
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen777 View Post
I love these sorts of posts... I appreciate you putting this one up, MilR. I know one thing, my next won't come from Jenkin's Mazda in Ocala, getting my '14 Touring for a good price seems to be a one time fluke. They wanted to trade me into a '16 Sport with ATX starting at $30k before dealer fee without anything but floor mats before incentives, and their 6 incentives were only $1k instead of $1.5k that Mazda's been advertising on the '16s.

Would corporate even care they were pulling that with the incentives?
$30k for a Sport ? Yikes ! How on earth did they even arrive at that number ? They are clearing 2016 GT in my area for <$28k OTD. To be honest, i dont see 2017 models sell any better than 2016. With such minor changes, there is little incentive to choose a 2017 if you already own a gen 3 Mazda.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 10:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I have no idea how they came to that number, they claim they sell a high volume but I saw a lot of '16s still on their lot and no '17s yet. They were trying to get me to trade when I was in for service, but then wanted me to downgrade from a Touring, which I might have considered if the price was right and it was '16 Touring with Tech package or a GT. On the Sport, there were no dealer options installed, so there was no reason for them to have it priced at $30k. I think they thought I'd just be a sucker and go for it.

With my '14, I was making them investigate an intermittent vibration issue that started recently in the front end(been trying to eliminate other possibilities like tires and alignment, but it feels like something else, I just can't pinpoint it myself), all they could come up with was that it was all caused by a bent rim... which I had my tires balanced only a week prior and it wasn't bent then, so I'm kinda suspicious there and really trust my tire guy more than them at this point(he was a stealership mechanic for years before opening his own shop, he says not to trust them especially after working for them).

Hodor
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 05:37 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I've started to only go through the 'internet sales person' - despite what the dealers on the floor say about 'internet pricing is fantasy' the i'net sales people are real close to the online Kelly's estimates, and a lot easier to lie with.

I only use email, not FBook; I'm at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maynard For This Useful Post:
Neanderthal (03-21-2017)
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 08:41 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My 2017 Touring Manual (soul red) had an MSRP of $25,455. My purchase price was $23,852, including a $500 military rebate. So really, only $1103 under MSRP.

I probably could have done better, but I was in a weaker bargaining position as the dealer had to locate this car for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page