Mazda 6 Forums banner

Fair price for a 2015 Mazda 6 GT?

12K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Wildkarrde21 
#1 ·
Hi
I'm new to buying a car so I was wondering if anyone knew if this was a fair price for a 2015 GT Im soul red (located in Ky). Dealer gave me a price of $29, 728-$31,900 with tax and fees.

I don't qualify for any of the rebates. Any help would be appreciated. If that's not a good deal, I hold out and drive my other car. I just don't want to be screwed.

#4 ·
I got some different pricing. I have a trade-in, so that kind of skews things, but. I did get an offer of a few hundred more than I expected for my trade-in AND $1900 off a GT w/technology. But, that dealer charges $590 in fees.

Another dealer only charges $250 in fees, but only offered $1000 off and 700 less on my trade-in.

As always, you have to look at the total deal.

#5 · (Edited)
You have to do your own homework , where you live may change the price dramatically. Also what do you want for equipment , how many dealers in your area to compete with each other, how many 2014 does the dealer have left, what is the dealer allotment--- a large or small dealer, is the dealer set of making a certain monthly quota-- go the last day of the month. So you see you have to check out your own area for opportunities. Oh yes , about fees pay the dealer fee , but tell him you want that amount off the sale price. Here in Florida the fees outrageous. Thanks Oldvet

#12 ·
I'm pulling the trigger tomorrow on a 2015 GT without tech. After shopping around a lot, I got about 11% off MSRP. I actually got another offer that is slightly better but don't feel like driving too far to pick it up. So convenience wins $300 in this case.

Got thing I was able to sold my car to a private party and got $1300 more than trade-in price offered by the dealer. So far not feeling totally ripped off.

#14 ·
Eggplanty, great price - if you are in so cal, tell me where, lol. (Are you sure this is with the i-loop/radar cruise etc. tech package?)

Wonder if these are good ?
2015 Pearl White GT without Tech Sticker 30,945 will offer at 28,497
2015 Pearll White GT with iLoop Tech package offered at 30,200

Now help me - which one?? any real world advice in i loop benefits?

#16 ·
I just got home from Signing Deal. Pick her up tomorrow. 2015 6 GT White/Almond no tech for $27,999 Traded my 2014 6 GT White/Almond no tech with 15,290 miles in for $22,700. I really want the one touch windows LOL j/k

IMO No other car can compete with the fun to drive/comfort/ergonomics/MPG's and Smiles this car produces. :) Again JMO The only downside to my deal which is almost 8.94% below MSRP is that I wanted 24k on the trade.. but that just didn't happen. Talked with several dealers and I really had to work to get $22,700 :mad:

#18 ·
Two recommendations for you.

1. go on the last weekend/day of the month. Dealers have incentives and extra rebates that they hold out on to use (not the marketing deals these are direct with the franchise) to make sure they meet their sales quota for the month.

2. Get quotes from Truecar and Edmunds price promise for the car trim you are looking for. These get big discounts without factoring in the marketed rebates (these are prenegotiated prices). - Having quotes from multiple dealers help if you have more than 1 Mazda dealer close by, let them bid for you business. It's a bit of a hassle, but worth it. Tell the 1st one you go to you have another appointment with another dealer so you are looking for their best deal up front, should save some time.

I got my car 11% off MSRP :D I went and made the deal on the last day of August (mine was a 14 though so that might have helped drive the deal).

#22 ·
Just bought my 2015 Mazda6 GT w/ Tech today for $29,970 (white/black)

And My other half was able to get her a 2015 Mazda3 GT Hatch (no tech) for $22,445 (red/blk)

This came with Life time Maintenance Warranty, Full Tint, Door Edge Guards, Cargo Nets, and Paint protection on both vehicles :D

Picking them up on Monday!

#23 ·
We picked up our 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring on Nov 22, 2014. I drove several Mazda6's and decided what packages and options I wanted. I used the mazdausa.com site to find all dealers within 250 miles that had the exact car, exterior color, interior color and packages/options I wanted. I then emailed them and told them I was going to buy a car within the week and asked for their best price. I started with six dealers and did final negotiations with three of them. I ended up purchasing from Ron Geraci at Hennessy Mazda in Morrow, Georgia. This was my best car buying experience ever. Good guy, I highly recommend you contact him if buying in the southeast.

MSRP $29895
Soul Red Paint $300
No Tech Package, wheel locks or any other options
No trade
Destination $795
Total MSRP $30,990

Invoice $29,289 according to Edmunds and NADA.

I negotiated $3,202 off MSRP and got a $2,000 rebate on top of that, so total price was $25,788 (16.79% off MSRP)

Love the car, very pleased with it so far!

#26 ·
Hi!

Joining the Mazda 6 club!

Car: 2015 meteor grey mica 6 GT with Tech package
Dealer add ons: window tint, wheel locks and cargo net
MSRP: $32875
OTD: $31000

I don't have the exact dealer fees with me now, but based on our 6.25% tax rate that puts me at $29176 before taxes. Feels like a good deal, though they probably turned a profit on my trade in. Was going to wait for the 2016s, but the dealerships near me said they wouldn't be getting them until June, so decided to jump on an end of year deal.

Loving the car so far and can't wait to drive it every day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.