Time for some updates!
Spent all day yesterday working on the car. Started with just getting it jacked up, wheels off, and helping my girlfriend learn more at her request. From there, I did the urethane injections in the back of the front control arm bushings, guided along by one of the threads on here.
This wasn't at all hard to do. I did take the wheels off, but that was part of another project to be touched on later.
is what I used to get the job done. Not too messy, not too bad. Cured completely in about nine hours for me in Florida heat.
Next up, was the rear Beatrush brace and Tanabe Medallion axle-back. Also both super easy installs. Car was in the air, unbolted the stock exhaust easy. WD-40'd the hangers, slipped a flathead in, and pried the hangers off. Easiest way I found to do it. Dropped old exhaust down, and installed the bar.
Didn't have to wrestle it on at all. When the two nuts are removed the subframe sags, but no need to fear. Not the end of the world, and if you're unsure, you can jack up one side of the subframe at a time. Easy.
After the subframe, it was time for the exhaust. No fitment issues, perfectly lined up, even tips, hangs right, and no contact with the bar. Very impressed with the product. Nice rumble that I can hear through the house on startup (when it sits itself at 1500 rpms). Driving down the road I don't hear it drone at all from 0-2500 rpm, but I also have a fully dynamat'd trunk and rear deck. It does have a tone that you can sense is backing up the K&N SRI tone. My dad was standing behind me as I took off down the street and said it sounded excellent. No rasp, no tin can sound, just a nice, subtle growl. Visually it looks incredible, and really helps bring out the rear end of the car.
Elsewhere I installed LED turn signals, but the front driver's side still hyperblinks with properly installed resistors on all four corners. Strange, but calling Diode Dynamics Tuesday to have them help sort it out, as it's all their product. So right now it's only LEDs in the back, which is really a shame as the fronts were going to look stellar.
Beyond all that, I did a little cleanup around the vehicle. Removed the black plastic housings around the trunk arms, so if anyone wants to cop a pair of arms for their car if it didn't come with any, let me know. Cleaned up some engine bay nonsense, organized receipts, and finished dynamat'ing my Weathertech covers. Reasoning there is that people don't feel the car vibrate under their feet as bad, especially in the rear, and it probably helps with road noise. Can't tell though, with two 12's beatin' down the block.