Mazda 6 Forums banner

2011 Mazda 6s Grand Touring on Coilovers Progress Thread

7K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  DragginFrame 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all! My name is Zach, I'm from Southern California. I recently cleaned up this thread to make it a more clear timeline. Ive been on these amazing forums for the majority of my build.

A little back story on my 6: I bought it in February of 2015 with 25,000 miles. It is the 6s Grand Touring. The one with the V6 and all the options, which is what drew me to the car, along with the fact that I love Mazda. I have owned two RX8's, a first gen 3 Hatch and a Miata and loved them all. This car has been one of my favorites, it's a blast to drive and the interior is amazing.

Here it is when I first brought it home:

Holy Fender Gap!

Any major modifications were not in my budget immediately, but I still wanted to modify the car ASAP. I saw some people around the forum tint their taillights red and I loved it, so I decided to do that first. I used the Nightshade Spray. I've used it before, it's easy to remove and I hate vinyl. Here is the before and after:

Next up was Plastidipping the ugly silver fog lights to gloss black.

Then finally the Coilovers and Rims. I bought the XXR's a couple weeks before I got the coilovers, but they are even smaller than stocks (just with a lower offset) and I knew that would look goofy at stock height. So I waited and installed it all at once. Heres the specs and pics

XXR 530 18x7.5 +30 Rose Gold
CXracing Coilovers

[/URL][/IMG]

The CXracing Coilovers were only $610 directly from the company and I really like them so far. The car rides really nice and it allowed me to slam the car as low as I wanted to go. The rear is as low as it can go and the front is level with the rear. I found a stock Mazda 6 today and took some pics :wink2:

Crazy what a drop does for this car!

Got some 20mm spacers in the rear, removed all but the M emblem, and removed the ugly front plate! F**K DA POLICE!

Notice anything wrong with the car in the picture below?

The Good: Putting 2 Borla Pro XS Mufflers on the car! Gave it a nice deep tone, but not quite loud enough for me. Probably taking the resonator off soon.
The Bad: I got 2 flats 24 f**king hours apart!!! Unbelievable. No use for a spare when you have TWO flats, so the OEM Wheels are up front for now while the XXR's are still in back. Soooo terrible...and embarrassing....ugh. Probably the one time I wish the car was actually quieter. I won 6 Of The Month when all of this happened though, that made me very happy. Thank you guys for that; I'm honored!

But, two ruined tires obviously means...

New Rims!!! This is sound logic, don't question it. In all seriousness; I really wanted 19's, and got a great deal on these. Below are the specs:

ACE Alloy Matrix Hyper Silver / Chrome Wheels
19x8.5 +38
19x9.5 +40

The new wheels are installed! Pretty obsessed with the way they look, this car really looks amazing with 19's. Emblems have been painted hyper silver to match. Considering dropping the car a tad lower soon since the new wheel size lifted it a small amount.

Carbon Fiber Rear Window Spoiler is Installed!

Neochrome Extended Lug Nuts are going on tomorrow!

See less See more
Reactions: SBopp
#2 ·
Nice progress.

Do you have any further pics of the redouts? I sort of like how that looks.

#5 ·
Check the above post. Got a solid picture of them. :)

#4 ·
Some new modifications!

-Gold Emblems / Removed "mazda" and "V6" emblem
-20mm spacers in the rear.
-Removed the front plate!

Have a new project I will be doing on the car soon that will be interesting. I will continue to post as I go.

Let me know what you all think. Thank you.

Attachments

Reactions: Jomar23M6 and SBopp
#7 ·
A couple new shots! Gold emblems in full effect.

Attachments

Reactions: SBopp
#8 ·
Hey guys! I cleaned up the original post. That is where I will posting all the updates. I added a Borla exhaust, and new rims are coming! See the OP for all of that. Thank you all for the 6 Of The Month votes, I'm way stoked on the win!

#9 ·

The new wheels are installed!

ACE Alloy Matrix Hyper Silver / Chrome Wheels
19x8.5 +38
19x9.5 +40

Pretty obsessed with the way they look, this car really looks amazing with 19's. Emblems have been painted hyper silver to match. Considering dropping the car a tad lower soon since the new wheel size lifted it a small amount. Also, neochrome lug nuts are on the way! Excited about that. More pictures soon!

#12 ·
Recently bought a new Carbon Fiber Rear Window Spoiler. Made a thread with a review about it. Click there to check it out! I won't write too much about it on this, but here are some of the pictures!

Neochrome Lug Nuts arrived last night and they're going on tomorrow. More photos soon!

#14 ·
I'm so sorry, but I actually had them professionally installed. Ive always hated doing suspension work and had a friend willing to do it for cheap. So I actually have no idea. Next time I see him I will try to remember to ask!

#16 ·
I'm about to part mine out if you want anything!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.