Mazda 6 Forums banner

B4TM4N's "Talia" Build Thread

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Byakuya 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, my Injen CAI and Spyder FOG Lights came in on Thursday and I installed both today so I figured this was a good time as any to start my build thread and introduce everyone to my beautiful "Talia".

She's a 2016 M6 i Touring with a 6MT, got her about 10 days ago or so and have already gone crazy with it lol. My current mods are:

Debadged besides Mazda emblem on front/back
Full LED interior
20% Tint all around
Injen CAI
Spyder fog light Kit
DDM Tuning HID kit

I gotta say the CAI was a pain to install but definitely worth it, I took the front bumper off to have more room plus I was doing the fog light install at the same time. Both could have def been done without taking the bumper off but I'll take any excuse to use some tools. I'll have more pics as I continue modding. Next on the to do list is:

Custom exhaust
Front/rear sway bars
Coilovers
Rims
Sound system upgrade
OVT Tune

Goal is to hit 250hp we'll see what happens though.

Random thoughts, someone should def do a ported throttle body. And theres plenty of room in the engine bay for a turbo... just saying :grin2:. Oh and do we not have headers or a downpipe?

Anyway hope you enjoy Talia as much as I do, she needs a good wash and wax after that I'll put up some better pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice work!!

May i suggest grabbing a hydroshield sock to cover the filter on the CAI. Since its in the wheel well, there is potential for exposure to water. The sock does a superb job of keeping water out.

Ive got one on my CAI & was very surprised at how dry my hand stayed running the sock under the tap with my hand inside. Worth every penny!!

Looking forward to seeing the progression of your 6.

#4 ·
Yeah I'll def be grabbing one, I'll be putting it on when I pull the bumper off again to install my HID's. Wish I had thought of getting one when I got the intake oh wells.

Reactions: Mr.Smoke
#5 ·
DDM HID's & Injen Pre-Filter

My DDM tuning HID's & injen pre-filter came in yesterday and I got around to the install this evening. Getting the bumper off this time went a lot smoother than it did last time. Also its been raining all week here and I was very pleased to see that the filter had not gotten wet at all. Still put the pre-filter on and I'll still take it easy in heavy rainstorms, but its good to know under normal rain conditions the filter stays dry.

The DDM tuning install went smooth, I've used there products on a former vehicle and was very pleased with them, they did not disappoint me this go around. Went with 6000k and it came out very well. In the pics they look really blue but as others have said it is not that blue in person. I also read on the forums that someone else had used velcro strips to secure the basilisk I liked the idea so I copied it, worked out very well.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoy the pics!

Attachments

Reactions: Mr.Smoke
#6 ·
Looking good. The pre-filter is a must, not so much for the rain purpose as much as keeping the crap out of the filter creases. As far as rain goes, with the location of the filter, you'd have to be driving through a foot of standing water to have issues.

How long did your DDM take to arrive? I've ordered mine 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten them.

#8 ·
It took about 2 and a half weeks to get here, but they were sent direct from China so I'm assuming they just don't keep H11's in stock or something. Most bulbs in todays cars are 9005 or 9006. But who knows, the last time I bought from them the shipping was very fast so if I had to guess I'd say yours are probably getting sent from China as well.

Ive never seen the clear waterproof pre-filters before. Figured they all had a colour to then. Neat!
It's not clear its a black one but the flash on my phone makes it look clear. It would be cool if they had a clear one though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.