Mazda 6 Forums banner

Knupsel's 06 M6i

37K views 355 replies 23 participants last post by  chinawa 
#1 · (Edited)
Knupsel's 06 Mazda 6 "Broke Man Edition"

Hey there people!
I just about 3 months ago bough a slightly used 06 M6i, with 120km (not miles!) and at first I wasnt to sure about the car, the exterior was rather mediocre in my opinion, but the interior of the car was amazing, and sold me on it.
So about 1.5 months ago I started to mod some stuff, first I wanted subs so I got those installed! Now I got 2 12' and 1200 watt MTX Terminators in my car. And for the price of 350$ for the subs, amp and box I wasn't expecting much, but damn was I wrong! Those subs are amazing for that price tag!
So now with the sound of the car I am rather happy and decided to venture on to some exterior work. I admit as a first time modder my skill level is rather small *cough cough* so i started out with small stuff.
Plasti dipping my front and rear emblems came first.
Being quite happy with the result i decided i could move on and remove the door guards, and all said and done and about 40 mins of rubbing of glue of the right side of the car i started thinking of the Mazda, no no MY Mazda, as an awesome car and with the right tweaks could very well be my dream car.
Now feeling more confident about myself i decided it was time to think of a theme for my car, i decided on silver and black, classic but still awesome.
So i smoked my side markers and my rear reflectors, which i was really happy with also. Then i read all about the whole carbon fiber wrapping and decided to give it a shot, i now wrapped the door handle trim, the dashboard trim pieces and the door pillars of my car. All said and done. I felt quite confident and did the airbox mod which also gave me more knowledge about my car and how to work on the bumper and remove the grill and all.
Now i am in the middle of tinting my rear lights, which likely will be completed by this time tomorrow!
Here is some Pics:
SUBS:

ENGINE COVER PAINT AND CAI:

INTERIOR LEDs:

INTERIOR PAINTED PIECES (the dirty stuff in the first pic are my pants! not the seat lol)

DEEP BLUE HIDs:

LED TAILS (now tinted):

SPORTS BUMPER AND GRILLE:

FOOTWELL LEDs HIDDEN:

TRUNK LEDs:

EYELIDS (BROWS):

HALOS:

RAIN GUARDS:

REAR REFLECTOR LEDS (not overly great picture cause it was too bright out):

NEW RIMS AND TIRES:

REAR PD VALENCE:

PD HOOD ACCENTS:

SHOTS:

More pictures soon to follow!
Please leave me with some suggestions

Knupsel

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice car, and sweet subs. But I have to ask, wtf is that in your lower grill? Lol.

#15 ·
Haha the completely blacked out look is what I wanna move away from!
I think imma plasti dip some interior stuff. The door handle and dash board trim first.
Then the cruise control area on the steering wheel, and if I can figure out how to remove the mirror control housings, those too!
Any more suggestions? Or how can I get the mirror controll housings out?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#18 ·
There is a screw underneath the rubber strip in the pocket. Unscrew that and then CAREFULLY pull the housing towards the car and upwards, gotta be carefully because of clips and control wiring.

Edit: I said carefully but you also need a decent amount of force. Once you feel it start to give that's when you have to be careful

#22 ·
On mine (2004) all the Window control housings had one screw in that pocket I described, under the strip of rubber or whatever you want to call it. As for the door handle housings there is a circle plastic Cap that you pop open directly behind the handle, in the center of the housing, pop it open ( I just used a paper clip) and it reveals a screw. Unscrew that then slide it over the handle.

#25 ·
Okay my attempt at plast dipping interior pieces white failed miserably!
Plasti dip does not stick well to interior parts!
It looked alright, except there were LOTS of little bubbles!
So I will do the regular 3 step method sometime next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#26 ·
I have those same subs. I got mine for 130. :) Box, amp, and subs. Plus wires! =D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.