Mazda 6 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Byakuya's V6 Build Thread

50K views 387 replies 41 participants last post by  Mz6GreyGhost 
#1 · (Edited)
Byakuya's "White Night" Build Thread

She has been sold. I put many good miles into this car, but alas, I had to give her up to make way for my new adventure: http://forum.mazda6club.com/picture-videos/259456-byakuyas-2014-grand-touring-shiro-shinobi.html

Winner: November 2012.

Exterior:
Motegi Racing FF 7 Rims (17x7, 225/45).
White Angel Eyes (Halos)
5000k DDM Tuning HID Kit
Acura RDX Short Antenna
Engine Cover Painted White w/Blue Lettering
Sans Door Guards
Custom Painted Badge-less Grille
White License Plate LEDs
Xenon Reverse Lights
LED Brake light Bulbs
Clear Side Markers w/Amber bulbs
Auto VentShade Rain Guards
Painted Calipers (Black)

Interior
Pioneer Head Unit w/AUX for iPhone Integration
Metra Turbo 2 Kit
White Painted Center Console/Metra Kit/LED Display
Frosted White Dome/Map LEDs
Frosted Red Courtesy LEDs
Red Pulse/Breathe/Sound-Activated Footwell and Trunk LEDs
All Weather Floor Mats
RedLineGoods Custom Leather Shift Boot

Here's the car, the day I got it:

Map/Dome LEDs and Footwell LEDs:

The matching Trunk LEDs for the Footwells:

Map/Dome LEDs, Footwell LEDs, and Painted Center Console/Metra Kit:

Custom Leather Shift Boot, Painted Door Arm Rests and Matching iPhone Case:

Engine Cover Painted:

The HIDs and Audi LEDs Installed:

The Car As of 6/1/2012:

New Rims Installed:

Removed the Audi Lights and Installed Angel Eyes - Also got grille painted:
**Note that the car was very dirty when I took these.

** I don't know why the pics make the lights look like they have a green tint, they really don't. The Halos are pure white and the pictures don't do them justice.

New Halo Pic:

Couple Rolling Self-Shots:

The Latest Pic (and my current favorite):

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Got my new badge-less grille in today. My old one was super faded and I wasn't a big fan of the silver mustache.

Here's the new grille with and without my lights on: (Sorry about crappy phone pics)

#10 ·

You know, sans the Metra kit and single Din head unit, it it didn't cost much at all for my whole interior.

$40 for the lighting (fully adjustable brightness LEDs, go into trunk also)
$40 for the custom leather shift boot
$20 for the paint (but I did my engine with it too).
$10 for the Map/Dome LEDs

Overall look of the car IMO - Priceless :D

#12 ·
Whoa! I'm really impressed dude! You painted the center console yourself? And how did you get that custom shift boot!? Definitely a smooth looking ride you've got there.

BTW, where are the power mods?:seeya:;)

Reactions: Byakuya
#15 ·
Whoa! I'm really impressed dude! You painted the center console yourself? And how did you get that custom shift boot!? Definitely a smooth looking ride you've got there.

BTW, where are the power mods?:seeya:;)
Thanks. Yeah I painted the console and Metra kit myself. Added a small amount of gloss to keep a nice matte look but it has a different type of matte look, tough to describe but I love how it came out.

Custom shift boot was from RedlineGoods.com - They make exquisite quality items IMO. The boot is gorgeous and a very good quality leather. The only downside was that the slits cut for mounting it were too small, so I just had to take a razor to them but that was it. Oh and I sewed up the top shot because the hole for the shifter was too big and excess material stuck out from under the shift knob.

Power mods, nothing :D - I'm not looking to beef up this car since in a few years it will be driven into the ground. I'm going at least 120 miles on it a day, so I want to keep the big money mods out of it. (Except maybe some nicer rims), but I doubt I'll even get a CAI or SRI, and I know I'm not dropping it.

Really love your car and the mods, especially since mine's white too (albeit an 06). Plus I love the little mods and details that add up, which is kind of like what I've done to mine. And the best part is it doesn't cost too much.
Thanks Johnmichael. Yeah I'm not huge on standing out a ton, I just want my car to have a clean look, and it's own "vibe" and I love how the little things go together.

Dudd thats the grill I have that i woulda sold you for half price! send it back haha
I thought you were describing a different one :(

I'm pretty sure this had a 60 day return policy, but it was only $25 so I'm not too worried about it. I'll let you know :)

#13 ·
Really love your car and the mods, especially since mine's white too (albeit an 06). Plus I love the little mods and details that add up, which is kind of like what I've done to mine. And the best part is it doesn't cost too much.

#18 ·
Honestly, I couldn't tell you. Pretty sure that it does have the Bose system in it, because clearly at some point a previous owner tore the doors off I can tell. And the car has some pretty good sound considering it doesn't have a woofer.

Sorry I can't help more, maybe I'll check some day soon what speakers I have because I'm curious now haha.

#20 ·
Not necessarily, you could have Bose speakers installed after the OEM ones and not put those panels on.

And no, you need a special harness/adapter that will work with your HU in order to get those controls working (as far as I know).

#23 ·
Haha all good. There are a ton of nice rides so I don't mind if I lose. Thanks for the compliments. :)

lol i never even thought of that lol but i was mainly wondering how you found the quality if you had the bose amp and sub cause some ppl say it sounds good and others not so good lol but you have the deck i would use

yeah i just found that out...all this work for an ipod is ridiculous but i really hate using cds ahah
Yeah it sucks. I can't use anything but the iPhone now, I'm spoiled. From what I've seen, your options are: Getting a head unit that supports an iPod or AUX input, or getting the iPod adapter for our car.

#24 ·
yup i actually ordered the ipod adapter...it turns out i have the only year where the ipod adapter needs the actual head unit to be modded...i tried and failed - no radio anymore just cd lol and there goes $124 i could have used on a deck so before i even attempt again im just going with the metra/pioneer route, thanks for your input man

#27 ·
Personally I got mine from Autolumination.com.

I have the "Frosted Cool White" in my Dome because they let off a nice soft white instead of a beam like most LEDs.

But there's also SuperbrightLEDs.com and V-LEDs.com

You're looking for the 194 Sized bulb.

#29 ·
No problem :)

And no new mods at the moment, although I just ordered new Motegi Racing FF 7 rims from WheelFire.com and I'm waiting for them to arrive :drool: :drool:

I'm slowly working on things here and there. The biggest thing I'm looking for now are some more comfortable arm rests. I have a long drive and these things are almost as ugly as they are uncomfortable! <_<

#32 ·
Got my new rims today, but it's going to be pouring out for the next few days...<_<

Guess I'm going to be putting these on next weekend when I have time :)

I took a bunch of pictures of them, but here are my two favorite:

I can't wait to see them on my car! :D

#33 ·
LOVE that second shot!!! Those will look awesome on the car!

#34 · (Edited)
Finally got my rims on over the weekend, but my car's in the shop because the throw out bearing gave out on me yesterday morning :(

But here's a quick crappy phone picture of my rims yesterday morning...

(I know the car is horribly dirty, that's what a week of rain and 900 miles of driving will do).

And here he is, beaten and broken on the side of the Mass Pike waiting for a tow truck :(

Still lookin' good though (except the huge scratch from previous owner on passenger door :angry:)

#37 · (Edited)
Not sure really, except I'm cheap haha. Why spend an extra $300 to get an extra inch of rim? I could spend that $300 on a sweet pop-up GPS above the LED screen and then I could wire my modded Xbox to it - but I won't do that either because it's not worth it :)

But yeah the 17s are lacking a little, but it's too late now and I'm glad I saved that money so now this clutch kit won't break the bank as much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.