Mazda 6 Forums banner

mrl112's 2006 MS6 Sport

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  mrl112 
#1 · (Edited)
This is digger10t's former car, and I bought the car with 72xxx miles and it already had a handful of mods.

-ICW Odessa 18x7.5
-Sharkfin antenna
-CPE rear motor mount
-Trunk passthrough
-Mazdaspeed intake, cut to SRI
-Solid shifter bushings

Since buying it, I've added a few things so far.

-20% tint
-HD lip
-Prosport mechanical boost gauge in a block8head gauge pod
-Amber parking lights
-Fog lights on with parking lights
-LED interior, trunk and license plate lights
-Aux-in jack
-10" Audiobahn sub
-Kicker amp
-Mazda all weather floor mats
-Shaved Mazdaspeed6 badge
-Plastidipped rear cladding
-Spin on conversion waiting for the next oil change
-1G DSM crushed BPV waiting to go on

Planning on lowering, a short shifter, Magnaflow, TIP, catted DP, a tune, and a test pipe.

See less See more
#3 ·
i've actually been thinking of doing that too, either plasti-dip or using Mothers Back to Black. looks good!

#4 ·
I just hit it with some tire foam and it stays black for a good month or so.

Good idea with the plasti-dip though, since we're all plati dip whores haha.

Edit: What brand are those tires??

#7 · (Edited)
Edit: What brand are those tires??
They're Goodyear Eagle GT. I used to hit the air dam on my Tahoe with tire foam to keep it black, and it looked good, but if I'd known about PD then, I would have painted it (and all my cladding) without thinking twice!

And for anyone doing this, the amount of news paper I used was way overkill. You can see in the during pictures that you don't need more than maybe 6" of masking, and it was windy yesterday when I did this.

I even tried to think of other stuff I could PD, but nothing else really came to mind. I like the chrome badges, so they're not getting PD'd...yet.

#5 ·
VRM represent! Nice ride.

I had been thinking about pantining that part VRM too and kinda hide the reflector, BUT been reading up on plasti dipping... Seems a hell of a lot easier, and that black contrast looks great.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.