Mazda 6 Forums banner

2009 Mazda 6i Grand Touring

48K views 201 replies 38 participants last post by  Caliche 
#1 · (Edited)
Edit: Newer pictures in latter pages.

Hey guys, I never really got around to posting a "new guy" thread. And so I figured its better late than never.

I drive an '09 Mazda 6i Grand Touring MTX. I got her July 19 at 2400 miles. Now she's up to almost 9600 miles. Absolutely love the car. I actually just happened to stumble upon her at a dealership when car hunting and got an Amazing deal. Its my second car. I drove a '98 Kia Sephia for 3-4 years before this one. My parents chose my 1st car for me, so I was pretty much stuck with it. Always wanted a manual but the Kia was automatic...boring. And let's just say going from that car to this fully loaded 6 is definitely an upgrade of a couple of levels haha.

Here's a pic of my old car next to my new baby a few days after getting her.

See less See more
#2 ·
welcome nice ride

Reactions: 6Y MAZDA
#4 ·
haha yeah thanks! I was going to transfer it to the mazda, but I felt it didnt fit its personality haha

#7 ·
Here's some pics of mine next to some other 6's ive run into.

Outside of a Sheetz, one late night, this guy just happened to pull in next to me and had a nice chat.

Outside work one night

Came back to my car in the parking garage at school one day and found this guy kissing my car. I flipped out and left a note on his car expressing my anger.

#9 ·
haha oh come on! i am way behind the yellow line!

Reactions: dougefresh_
#12 ·
God, so i just got home from hanging out with some buddies. I went out with a friend who drives a Scion TC to mcdonalds and when he gets out of the passenger door he goes...ouch dude whered you get that? and i say what? and rush over to the passenger side, and find a nice big door ding on the rear passenger door. This is the 3rd time i've had someone hit my car since i got it in July. In the 4 years i owned that crappy kia, never did i have anyone hit my car or anything. Of course now that i have a new car its just an idiot magnet and sh!t keeps happening to it :(

#14 ·
I'm sorry to hear about the door ding. Unfortunately, there's a certain population that doesn't like for people to have nicer things than themselves.

My previous 6 had matching "dimples" on both the front driver and passenger doors from others in parking lots, along with the occasional scratch here and there.

It never fails, as hard as you take care of something, someone else always comes along and f*cks it up!

#15 ·
Got some more pics of other 6's ive ran into

Twins (mine doesnt have a carseat though haha)

And this past weekend I saw another 2nd gen 6 and parked next to it. And when i came out of the store there was another one next to it! 3 2nd gens in a row. I'm startin to spot these more often, but still pretty scarcely. I like the fact that i rarely see these on the road and when i do i get excited haha.

#16 ·
Sorry to hear about the dings already. I've had my 6 for about 2 months and already have a ding in the driver side. My wife takes it to work and I'm sure that's where it happens. I cringe every time she wants to take it but at the same time, I can't deny her the joy in driving it. She says she parks way out in the parking lot away from others but idiots will find it wherever it sits. The other day after spending the day doing some mods I gave it a bath and found it then...saddness set in!

#17 ·
Update: LEDs

Got LEDs. Went with cheapies and not the SMD. Now i wish i had gone with SMD. These don't seem bright enough. But i will stick with them for now. What do yall think?

#18 ·
Hate to say it, but they do look dimmer compared to my LEDs. I'd worry about the blue color also, since they may draw the attention of law enforcement.

#19 ·
you man you have to have white LED's for your license plate lights...in every state i believe.

#20 ·
Lamin-x came in the mail today

#23 ·
It actually gives the fog an "HID effect" as put by Lamin-x on their website. I did notice a more clear white light instead of the yellowish OEM.

#24 ·
here are some pics taken by the james river down in williamsburg

#25 ·
Got my SuperbrightLEDS today. they are much brighter than the crappy cheap ones i 1st ordered.

#26 ·

#27 ·
Tinted side markers

#29 ·
thanks! i just bought tint film from autozone. 20% tint. cost 10 bucks haha. and i just applied and trimmed. took no more than 10 mins. i have crappy cell phone pics of them lit up at night i'll upload later. also, i got 20% because the only ones they sold between that were 35% and 5%. my tails are tinted with 17%, so 20% was pretty freakin close enough.

#30 ·
never posted pics of blacked out emblems.

#31 · (Edited)
Engine Cover Painted

getting ready to paint the engine cover. taped it off today. wish i could paint it today but i'll have to wait til tomorrow. luckily i am off work :)
i am painting the top and bottom parts blue, along with my fuse box cover. i was originally gonna paint the letters blue, but when i tried exact-o knifing the tape off the lettering, i was not able to get smooth lines so i gave up and will probably just paint pen it.

heres a pic of the 1st coat. already added a 2nd. dont think im gonna do anymore after that. now i just gotta wait til tomorrow so it fully dries.

#32 ·
Is this Navi stock or something you added? If you added it what kind is it?

#33 ·
its stock. included with tech package i believe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.