Mazda 6 Forums banner

Ouch!

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Canada_Rico 
#1 ·
This pedestrian is definitely at the wrong place at the wrong time. Here's the video...

****link deleted****

EDIT - Sorry I guess the link was changed to something else that was inappropriate for this forum so I deleted the link.

And the info about it....

Nine days earlier, a sport utility vehicle struck a pedestrian at Edwin C. Moses Boulevard and West Third Street, after a PT Cruiser ran a red light and hit the SUV. The SUV flipped twice, then hit Scott Tegtmeyer, 42, who remained in serious condition at Miami Valley Hospital on Wednesday. The driver has not been charged.

That crash was captured by a red-light enforcement camera. Dayton police say the cameras, installed at a dozen intersections across the city, helped reduce injury crashes caused by ignored traffic signals by 28 percent during the past year.

I can't believe that somebody survived that crash.

#2 ·
Reading Topic: Ouch!

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm surprised that guy survived. Man redlight runners need to be dealth with more severely. See how easy that SUV flipped?

#3 ·
Replying to Topic 'Ouch!'

holy shit. thats incredible. what a miracle, geez.

#6 ·

Originally posted by lookn4a6

This pedestrian is definitely at the wrong place at the wrong time.  Here's the video...

http://home.comcast.net/~jgomez17/car.mpeg

And the info about it....

Nine days earlier, a sport utility vehicle struck a pedestrian at Edwin C. Moses Boulevard and West Third Street, after a PT Cruiser ran a red light and hit the SUV. The SUV flipped twice, then hit Scott Tegtmeyer, 42, who remained in serious condition at Miami Valley Hospital on Wednesday. The driver has not been charged.

That crash was captured by a red-light enforcement camera. Dayton police say the cameras, installed at a dozen intersections across the city, helped reduce injury crashes caused by ignored traffic signals by 28 percent during the past year.

I can't believe that somebody survived that crash.
Can you link me a news article online about this?

so the pedestrian was jay walking right?

#8 ·

And some more detail. The guy was pronounced dead, then started breathing again.

DAYTON | Doctors revived a man Sunday just hours after medics pronounced him dead on the scene of a car crash, police officials said.

Dayton Police Sgt. Charles Hurley said Scott Tegtmeyer was walking in the intersection of Third Street and Edwin C. Moses Boulevard at 12:40 p.m. when a Chrysler PT Cruiser ran a red light, struck a Subaru sports utility vehicle and sent it into the air.

The Subaru landed upside down on Tegtmeyer and dragged him several feet across the intersection, Hurley said. Tegtmeyer, bloodied and surrounded by shattered glass, was pronounced dead on the scene, but he suddenly started breathing while in transit with paramedics. By 3 p.m., doctors had fully resuscitated him.

On Sunday evening, he was in the Miami Valley Hospital Intensive Care Unit.

Neither of the female drivers of the vehicles involved were carrying passengers. The woman driving the Subaru was transported to Miami Valley Hospital. Information on the condition of the driver of the PT Cruiser was not available. Hurley said police talked to eight witnesses. He also said it is possible a camera mounted high above the intersection captured the crash.

Dayton police reconstructionists, trained at putting clues together after crashes, were on the scene with digital cameras and measuring devices. The flipped Subaru showed noticeable crash damage on the left body panel. Ten yards away, the customized P.T. Cruiser with a "AAA" sticker on the back of its tinted windows showed damage to its front end.

#11 ·

I would think that he was at least at some point in time. If the PT cruiser is the one that ran the red light then the pedestrian must have been crossing with the don't walk sign or at least the flashing don't walk because the other traffic was stopping. That car that hit the PT cruiser was going pretty fast... makes me wonder if the PT cruiser hadn't blown the red light if the other car would have hit the guy head on anyway.

#12 ·

Originally posted by lookn4a6

I would think that he was at least at some point in time. If the PT cruiser is the one that ran the red light then the pedestrian must have been crossing with the don't walk sign or at least the flashing don't walk because the other traffic was stopping. That car that hit the PT cruiser was going pretty fast... makes me wonder if the PT cruiser hadn't blown the red light if the other car would have hit the guy head on anyway.
Damn! That's pretty scary...you'll never know when shit like that happens...

But no, the Subaru will see the guy walking and slow down...well, that is if she saw the guy walking...

#18 ·

I guess the link was changed to material that was not appropriate for this forum. I deleted the link. I'm not sure where to find another link to the accident video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.