CL find: 2004 MPV with 37k miles - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
CL find: 2004 MPV with 37k miles

This isn't my ad, just admiring and sharing. I set up a search on CL to keep an eye out for Mazda MPV parts and vehicles, since my wife's car is a 2004 MPV that we adore. 235k and still running strong.

Yesterday I got a new notification, I can't believe how clean this thing is. Looks like some dog leg rust was repaired at one point (and not all that well), but otherwise it's a creampuff. So sad that the old lady who drove this thing 2800 miles per year couldn't open her pocketbook and at least add a sunroof and power sliding doors. If it had those 2 things, it would already be in my driveway.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/6042703885.html

James - Ann Arbor, MI
2004 6 wagon (3 pedals ftw)
2004 MPV ES (family transport perfection)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Garage
Slick! BTW... did you ever get those pictures of the wagon cargo cover plastic end caps? We talked about it in another thread but I never saw anything after that. Mine are missing.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waughoo View Post
Slick! BTW... did you ever get those pictures of the wagon cargo cover plastic end caps? We talked about it in another thread but I never saw anything after that. Mine are missing.
Shoot, no I didn't. My cars have been so neglected for so long, I'm way overdue to actually use my garage for car-related items. I'll set a reminder to snap some pics when I get home tonight. I'm also overdue to fix that dang cargo cover and get it back in my car! I hate having my cargo area visible. Oh and I also could use some tint.

Not sure if the strength would be great, but it would probably be pretty easy to get a set of them 3D printed if you have the ability to model them. I have the ability and software, but no time...

James - Ann Arbor, MI

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 10:09 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi 98se5speed! I hear you, my wife is still driving our 2004 MPV LX (Mpls area) and I've taken very good care of it since day one (I do all oil changes, wax every year, detailed maintenance records, etc), and just 72,000 miles if you can believe that! Her job is just a few miles from home. About the only trouble I've had with it is a failed air conditioner...haven't bothered to get that fixed yet, although it's more than just a leak (or they can't find the leak, I've had it checked but they couldn't track it down). Thinking about selling it and buying a CX-5 to go with my 2014 M6 Touring, we'll see (since they share the same motor and many parts). Kind of reluctant to do that since it's such a good hauler and we've got a kid in college about 250 miles from here that has occasional dorm room changes. Good luck with yours and happy trails with your "peevee"! Cheers! Rampage

"Out of pitch but still in tune" (Neil Young)

My Mazda lineage:

90 Protege (sold)
94 Protege (RIP, tranny died 3/25/13)
04 MPV
08 Mazda 3 Hatch
14 Mazda 6 Blue Reflex Touring w/fogs & auto dim mirror
The Following User Says Thank You to rampage80 For This Useful Post:
98se5speed (03-15-2017)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampage80 View Post
Hi 98se5speed! I hear you, my wife is still driving our 2004 MPV LX (Mpls area) and I've taken very good care of it since day one (I do all oil changes, wax every year, detailed maintenance records, etc), and just 72,000 miles if you can believe that! Her job is just a few miles from home. About the only trouble I've had with it is a failed air conditioner...haven't bothered to get that fixed yet, although it's more than just a leak (or they can't find the leak, I've had it checked but they couldn't track it down). Thinking about selling it and buying a CX-5 to go with my 2014 M6 Touring, we'll see (since they share the same motor and many parts). Kind of reluctant to do that since it's such a good hauler and we've got a kid in college about 250 miles from here that has occasional dorm room changes. Good luck with yours and happy trails with your "peevee"! Cheers! Rampage

Hey, nice to see another 04 MPV owner out there. We bought ours sorta on a whim back in 2012 when we were expecting our 2nd kid. At the time we actually already had a minivan as our 3rd car, but it was a hand-me-down 1995 Nissan Quest that wasn't ideal for daily use. Took us a while to find an ideal MPV since we wanted very specific options and colors (of course we did when shopping for an 8 year old rare minivan!) and this one ended up showing itself on Autotrader if I remember right. It was at a crappy used car lot in Chicago and I wasn't thrilled about buying there (especially after meeting the employees), but once I drove it I could tell it was solid. Paid $6200 out the door, has given us a very trouble-free 109k miles so far.

Coincidentally, our van started off life in Minnesota, it was originally sold at Morrie's Mazda in April of 2004 based on the stack of paperwork that was left in the glovebox. I think we're the 3rd or 4th owners, it seems each previous owner was nice enough to leave a few service records behind. After MN it spent time in WI, then eventually to an auction close to IL where it found its way to us in April of 2012.

Wow, 72k is insanely low for a 2004. Ours had 126k when we bought it, which is around 15k per year. But we used to live in the middle-of-nowhere outside of Chicago and averaged about 25k per year. We have since moved to Ann Arbor, MI and my wife drives WAY less now since everything is close to home. On our block, someone else drives a similar-year MPV, and our son's preschool teacher drives a 2005 MPV which she loves. Hang onto yours, I'm sure you'd regret it if you got rid of it! There truly is no replacement.

Funny you mention having Mazdas with matching parts. I often enjoy having 2 Mazdas with very similar engines. There have been a few times where I've suspected a bad part that happens to be common on both vehicles and swapped it over to see if the problem follows it.

Cheers MPV friend!

James - Ann Arbor, MI

Last edited by 98se5speed; 03-15-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page