post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
What can I do to my car

I have the 2016 mazda 6 sport havent done much to it since I got it but I want to do all kinda of stuff and first off is the engine. I get to 60 in 9 seconds that slower than my stock 2005 Toyota tundra. Can I get a better throttle body? Can I get a better intake manifold? Can i get a better exhaust manifold? I've looked everywhere and havent found much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 07:35 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2677 Post(s)
Thanked 3,970 Times in 2,788 Posts
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Welcome to the forum!

Well, it comes down to: How much do you want to spend? -and- Realize this is a 4 door, 4 cylinder economy family sedan, so it's only going to be able to do so much.

And intake and exhaust are only going to net you maybe 5-10whp, an OrangeVirus Tune will give you a lot more low-end torque so the car will FEEL faster, but pull down the same-ish times. I don't know of an existing upgraded TB or manifold, but I'm sure someone has done it.

This guy has put the most into his 6 that I'm aware of, and has done an excellent job documenting it:

Build Thread: https://forum.mazda6club.com/picture...ld-thread.html
Intake/Exhaust/Tune testing: https://forum.mazda6club.com/4105089-post13.html
Stupid amount of OVTune info: https://forum.mazda6club.com/2-5l-i-...iscussion.html

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani987 View Post
I have the 2016 mazda 6 sport havent done much to it since I got it but I want to do all kinda of stuff and first off is the engine. I get to 60 in 9 seconds that slower than my stock 2005 Toyota tundra. Can I get a better throttle body? Can I get a better intake manifold? Can i get a better exhaust manifold? I've looked everywhere and havent found much.
Welcome

Have you had the car since new?
How many miles are on the car.
Service records?
Do you have a budget in mind?

As has already been mentioned, this is not a race car. Unfortunately it is not well supported by the aftermarket suppliers as well. Sometimes to gain a little more speed other mods other than the engine might do just as much, for example, reducing weight.

Are you after more straight line speed or getting around the track faster?

2018 Signature
White Pearl - Chestnut

Last edited by idrive; 07-13-2018 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Website glitch/issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I wanna get around the track faster. Its 33000 miles I've had it brand new and never had an accident never had engine problems I've done nothing to the car at all yet, but my budget is unlimited essentially like I have money but I also have a job to earn more if I need to.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
For the Engine the Orangevirus tune is the best bang for the buck. You can search the site and find all the info on them.

Suspension upgrades will improve the handling and enable the car to get into and out of the turns quicker. Stiffer springs or coilovers along with dropping the height make a big difference. Running a wider "summer" tire (Can't run them in the snow) will help with that also. Body suspension bars are even more help. The front tower brace and a rear anti sway bar are good choices.

Lots of folks here would be happy to recommend different products depending on what you want to do.

If you haven't already you're due for a new air filter along with general maintenance are always good ideas. Won't make you go faster but I'm sure a new cabin air filter is in order.

2018 Signature
White Pearl - Chestnut
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Groans: 3
The OV tune is your best engine bang for the buck performance mod.

2016 Mazda 6 Touring (w/6-speed manual transmission)
OE fog lights/navigation card/auto-dimming mirror/
Tanabe front strut bar/
Orange Virus 91-octane tune/Racing Beat rear muffler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page