Mazda 6 Forums banner

Time to DISPATCH....

609 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  neenwht6 
#1 ·
Hey Mazda folk, I am the proud new owner of a 2014 Mazda 6 GT (auto). It is the right balance of power, economy and zippy handling I need to deal with the increasing traffic mayhem in my poorly planned metroplex. Got tired of driving my SUV behind a world of mindless lemmings too busy texting to go at a green light. Now, I have the power to DISPATCH the wretched excess of humanity and put some clear sailing in front of me. The best place for trouble?...behind you I say! I passed on the Accord Sport (CVT) and Infiniti G37 (too small, premium gas, terrible customer support.) This is my first Mazda, so I am hoping all the comparos, high ratings and Mazda reputation make my choice a good one. Now for my first question...which cold air induction system should I consider? K&N? Injen? Be safe out there...Drive like you mean it and peace to all those we leave behind.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your purchase. You'll be fine with either intake, but I believe (and don't quote me on this) the majority of owners here have gone with K&N for the 3rd gens.

Take a look into the tuning threads (links as far as the eye can see in the "3rd gen one stop shop" linked in my signature).
@Donkey Grundle is the most heavily modified 3rd gen I know of, so he's probably got a better idea about intakes than I do :)

#3 ·
lol my car is slowly creeping closer to stock every week that I realize some aftermarket component isn't functioning better than the OE...lots of learning experiences really...

Congrats on the car, OP! I had the K&N for a while and, while the top end power got a slight boost, the heat that it pulled in from the engine bay while at rest caused a lot of bogging in traffic. I hated it. I went back to the OE airbox with AEM drop in filter, and now have even gone back to the OE paper filter. My low-end torque is almost excessive with this setup, making scooting around town/through traffic very rewarding. So if usable power is what you're seeking, then I would suggest an OV tune with the stock intake as-is.

This is a very helpful forum chock full of information. Happy browsing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.