Mazda 6 Forums banner

Locating the SD card slot

27K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Alvin9186 
#1 ·
Hello, fellow Mazda 6 drivers. I just bought a 2015 mazda 6 touring, Deep Crystal blue about a month ago and love to use it as my daily driver. So far, i have only changed the interior lights to LED and more cosmetic modifications is in the works.
My car did come with Navigation pre-wired but not active. I have read else where that inserting an SD card with maps will make the navi work. However, I cant seem to locate the SD card slot. There is no slot between the traction switches and the hood levers, only a change compartment and its not inside it either. It is not even in the center console or anywhere in the center compartments. Anyone know where else it may be. I am afraid it may be internal requiring dealers to pull the car apart. Any suggestions would be awesome

#5 ·
It's a super easy install - one you can (and should!) do yourself. Takes less than 30 minutes.

There's a user on the boards who has units for sale at a decent discount - thread here: http://forum.mazda6club.com/electrical-lighting-audio/341474-adding-navi.html

FWIW - I have the navi, and I use it 50% of the time (google maps "send to phone" wins out for the other 50%). It's proven to be very accurate - time estimates and dynamic traffic re-routing are very good for me (driving around Dallas/Fort Worth)

#4 ·
You could just buy the Nav adapter and pull the change compartment. I've been obsessing about whether to add Nav to my 2014 . . . I just can't see it being more effective or up-to-date than Google Maps or Waze and am having trouble getting the expenditure past the finance department/wife.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.