Next Mods to be done? Body kit? Advice opinions? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Mazda6 (Atenza) > Newbie Section
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile Next Mods to be done? Body kit? Advice opinions?

Ive had my 03 6i for 6 months or so and ive done a few things to it so far modded and regular services including:

Replaced headliner
installed 6 MB quart speakers
Sony head unit
2 amps a treo and jl audio
a capacitor
2 treo 12' subs with custom box
dynamat lined trunk
added factory style 6s spoiler
blacked out badges, grill and front air dam mess
new seat covers
new floor mats
recently got new calipers and painted them yellow (no pictures yet)
enkei tuner style wheels 17'" (blacked them out)
and basic services

i would like to continue on with mods and was thinking
hid lights
cai (any suggestions on brand? or filters)
possibly changing colors of interior cost effectively (not sure how yet)
and really toying with the body kit idea

Im ready to put some more money into this car since i toyed with the idea of selling her but i like her to much to just get rid of her she only she 77k on her. I am definitely going to install hid lights sometime soon but im not sure about intakes, should i just get a ebay made one and buy a nice filter?

Also i want to change the interior on the panels not sure how just yet any adivce?

Lastly a body kit is in my near future im looking at something like this
Extreme Dimensions Dagan Body Kit for 03-08 Mazda 6 at Andy's Auto Sport

or this one
Extreme Dimensions Mazda 6 Extreme Dimensions Duraflex Fiberglass K-1 Body Kit - 4 Piece -110609

but im trying to find one similar with a better price.

Also any other mods that you think would look nice on my car please feel free to speak your mind, also opinions on her would nice to ive done my best to clean her up after she went through 2 other owners with kids and bad drivers so please feedback would be greatly appreciated and new minds with new mod ideas thanks!

tank1707 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts

Evil m, lower about 1.5" or 1" removing Mazda 6 IMO, car led tails over the body kit for sure, or 06-08 oem tails. Smoked marker lights (ones in front bumper) smoked reflectors bottom back bumper and smoked 3rd tail light

REMOVE THE DOOR GUARDS hahaha
What part of Cali you in?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts

If you want to change interior color either go to an upholster or find a junked speed with alcantrana and do a swap.

If your gonna change your headlights get them before you get a kit. depending on how your shop has to fit it to your car you may have to have them do the on off of your bumper to avoid dmg specially if the bumper has to be CURVED to fit. so if you get lights first they can just throw them on instead of the old ones.

the K1 front is better if your staying yellow. The grill on the K1 pic does NOT come with the bumper so if you want that look youll have to get a 04 1st gen grill and have the shop fit it as mine did my grill.

If you go with the Dagan the front will look OK in yellow but the rear will look fugly.the dagan rear bumper is just a slightly altered shorter version of the factory SPORT rear bumper the sides look like my sides not the white ones in the pic.

In all id say get the Dagan rear with the sides and the K1 front. more pronounced wheels...and have the yellow coated with a matte or flat clear to tone down the vibrance.
jubeiaire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnt View Post
Evil m, lower about 1.5" or 1" removing Mazda 6 IMO, car led tails over the body kit for sure, or 06-08 oem tails. Smoked marker lights (ones in front bumper) smoked reflectors bottom back bumper and smoked 3rd tail light

REMOVE THE DOOR GUARDS hahaha
What part of Cali you in?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
ive been looking for the evil m but havent found it and if i did my old emblem left a nice mark on the trunk so it wouldnt look to pretty, and i think i might lower the car instead of the body kit almost same effect, and im in southern california haha havent ever thought of them!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO REMOVE THAT PINSTRIPE, does not flatter the cars curves

dont lower it till after you have a kit/wheels since you are def getting kit.... diff kits change your ground clearence so you can decide on drop size after.... you can order your drop springs after shop fits kit but before they paint so you get em relativly close to getting car back. Tails are up to you i like mine with the smoke on them....no need to clear or black corner lights if your gonna put kit in next 30-60 days.
The Following User Says Thank You to jubeiaire For This Useful Post:
prdracing (01-06-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts

I made m evil m out my logo haha, all you need is a dremmel, and rubbing compound will take that nasty mark right off haha
Old 01-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

you have to make the evil M,,, compound will clean up the grunge marks from the oem M
Old 01-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnt View Post
I made m evil m out my logo haha, all you need is a dremmel, and rubbing compound will take that nasty mark right off haha
lololol were compound brothers.....roflol
The Following User Says Thank You to jubeiaire For This Useful Post:
Isnt (01-05-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
If you want to change interior color either go to an upholster or find a junked speed with alcantrana and do a swap.

If your gonna change your headlights get them before you get a kit. depending on how your shop has to fit it to your car you may have to have them do the on off of your bumper to avoid dmg specially if the bumper has to be CURVED to fit. so if you get lights first they can just throw them on instead of the old ones.

the K1 front is better if your staying yellow. The grill on the K1 pic does NOT come with the bumper so if you want that look youll have to get a 04 1st gen grill and have the shop fit it as mine did my grill.

If you go with the Dagan the front will look OK in yellow but the rear will look fugly.the dagan rear bumper is just a slightly altered shorter version of the factory SPORT rear bumper the sides look like my sides not the white ones in the pic.

In all id say get the Dagan rear with the sides and the K1 front. more pronounced wheels...and have the yellow coated with a matte or flat clear to tone down the vibrance.

im not sure about a tail light swap yet but it was something to think about and im definitely keeping the car yellow cause its not worth to repaint it professionally anyways, and would you rather go with your body kit recommendations or just the lower the car a couple inches?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank1707 View Post
im not sure about a tail light swap yet but it was something to think about and im definitely keeping the car yellow cause its not worth to repaint it professionally anyways, and would you rather go with your body kit recommendations or just the lower the car a couple inches?

if you lower your car it will still have that "its ok but somethings off" feel cause of the wheels you have....youll cover up the rubber on top but we can still see those fatties all around. plus your wheels leave no icany veiw point with the shallow depth perception small spacing and dark as space look while on the car..if you keep those wheels and lower her repaint them a slightly lighter color with a deep clear and get lower profile tires...you have plenty of meat to spare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.