Mazda 6 Forums banner

First accident ):

2K views 32 replies 5 participants last post by  SonicNutrition 
#1 ·
Got in my first accident today ):
Rear ended. There's like a 10 inch by 3 inch scuff mark, probably messed up my back up sensors and this flap is just dangling off the bottom of the bumper.
On the bright side, I wasn't at fault and I have full coverage.
Just kind of wanted to know the steps on how this work. I already called the insurance company.
Will they fix everything? (Sensor, scratch, flap)
Or just check to see if everything is solid?
Thanks

#2 ·
Oh no! That sucks man! You JUST fixed that big scratch on your rear panel too huh? Glad you're okay though since it wasn't a major accident.

Nice, at least you got their information and everything right? Insurance should fix everything. Anything that's not how it was from the factory *should* be fixed/replaced. It's not your fault, so you don't pay a dime. Get everything you can fixed lol.

#11 ·
All very much true. Get it done ASAP but it can't hurt to ask them about the other scrapes and whatnot. The bodywork guys are getting paid either way.

#17 ·
I'm sorry about the accident! :( I've been there, it sucks. Like the other guys said, it's best to get everything fixed at once. As an extra thing, if your exhaust (or anything else for that matter) got screwed up, it's a good time to upgrade because you can just pay the difference in the cost between a stock exhaust and an aftermarket one instead of the whole cost of an aftermarket one.

#20 ·
I hear that! I had my financial aid meeting tonight. It was pretty much all "college is too expensive, give up on life now". If it looks fine I'd think it is, but I'd still have it looked at to double check. I just used exhaust as an example because mine was completely destroyed.

Sent from my VS920 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#21 · (Edited)
It was pretty much all "college is too expensive, give up on life now".
Hahahah
That made me laugh more than it should have x)

And I just realized I have to pay a $500 deductible to get it repaired ):

Edit: Taking a closer look at the bumper, I noticed a huge crack in it. Would it have to be replaced? And if so, do you think they can somehow put a v6 one on? (Always loved the look of it)

#22 ·
Plastic bumpers can be repaired. They basically melt it back together. It all depends on the crack itself and the bodyshop doing the work. If they opt to replace the bumper you can certianly request a V6 bumper but if it costs more, you may have to pay the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#30 ·
^ This. It takes a couple days for them to process, but unless they lost it (or are covering their own tracks -.- ) it shouldn't take much longer. Some departments have an online thing that you can print it out on for a couple bucks (you need the report number tho).

#33 ·
They are blowing smoke. Paper work and part numbers mean nothing, but insurance appraisers make part number mistakes all the time. Take it from this Ford parts counterman. Yes they will still replace the sensor if it was damaged durring the accident. If you really want want a V6 facia, get a check from the insurance company and bring it to an other body shop willing to work with you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.