2006 Mazda6 AT Light - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Mazda6 (Atenza) > Newbie Section
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2006 Mazda6 AT Light

My AT light turned on, at first sporadically and now more often and stays on. I took it to AutoZone for one of their diagnostic testing and got number code P0715: Definition: input turbine spped sensor circuit malfunction (WHICH I'VE REPLACED SINCE THEN), open or short circuit condition, poor electrical connection, failed input turbine speed sensor.

The light now has caused the engine light to turn on.... has anyone had this problem????? I truly am regretting buying this car back in June of THIS year (2012) from the dealership. Dealership warranty has expired.
Ms. J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts

When the light turns on is your transaxle doing anyting? My light has turned on once and it was when i first got the car what happened the transaxle slipped out of gear while driving down the road and i had to stop the car because all i could do was rev the engine when i stopped the car it kicked itself back in gear but the gear light on the dash wouldnt show up when it was switching gears until i turned the car off.

Are you having any issues with the transaxle yourself or is it just the light turning on??
Tj_Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts

Ok sorry i had to feed my daughter.

When you got the car did you get the plugs on the car changed or at least looked at to see if they were bad?
Also if your at least some mechaniclly inclined you could pull apart your intake and try to clean your throttle body so see if that works. And if the part that you bought is under warrenty i would definatlly go back to where you got it because you may have also gotten a faulty part.
Just for the heck of it id check the tranny fluid too and get is drained if its brown better safe than sorry.
Tj_Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. J View Post
My AT light turned on, at first sporadically and now more often and stays on. I took it to AutoZone for one of their diagnostic testing and got number code P0715: Definition: input turbine spped sensor circuit malfunction (WHICH I'VE REPLACED SINCE THEN), open or short circuit condition, poor electrical connection, failed input turbine speed sensor.

The light now has caused the engine light to turn on.... has anyone had this problem????? I truly am regretting buying this car back in June of THIS year (2012) from the dealership. Dealership warranty has expired.
Sorry to hear that last part. Do you know what engine and transmission it has? How may miles are on it and how is the actual performance? As in, does the shift seem like before the light came on, does the engine REV UP real high, does it work in all gears? Other than the light being on, what else can you tell is different?

It sounds like a sensor issue and this could be the result of bad connection between the sensor and the ECM. There is also a micro computer on the transmission itself. If I were you; I would be disconnect the battery and systematically unplug and inspect every connection on the transmission looking for corrosion, pins not seated, connectors not latched together, burned pins, growth, fungus. Because the battery is right over the trans, sometimes acids can find there way to the wires/connectors and damage them. Also look for the body grounds at the Negatvie side of the battery. Each needs to be inspected and confirmed to be making good contact.

Do you have a mechanic you can trust to give it a once over?

FWIW: the V6 (s) option cars have a nasty habbit of breaking/leaking anti-freeze from a "T" fitting and this could also create corrosion in the connections.

The next ugly thing: sun roofs. There are 4 drains at each corner. The drains go down the pillars and if the one on the left side plugs up and can leak into the left side kick panel in the cabin and cause issues for the ECM/BCM (engine control module / body control module).

That is where I would start. Inspection of these connections should take no more than an hour or less of shop time. Clean any dirty connection and apply dieletric grease to to it. Repair any damaged connections.

If you will; some history. Why do you regret buying it. Do these regrets relate to the current failure mode? f

__________________________________________________ __________________
V6 repair info here: FSM, MIL/CEL codes, P030X solved, Links to V6 threads
Final Impact is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.