2013 Mazda 6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Mazda6 (Atenza) > Newbie Section
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2013 Mazda 6

Well, I've posted twice already, so I thought I should introduce myself. Earlier this month we went to our Suzuki dealer with the intention of purchasing a Kizashi. We had two 2011 SX4's and we wanted to offload on of our smaller ones as we were planning on buying a bigger car next year. Well, when Suzuki went into bankruptcy I decided that we should at least try to get out of one of our SX4's and they had greatly reduced pricing on the Kizashi. The dealer wouldn't work with us and would only offer $9000 on my wife's 2011 Sportback with 8000 miles. This was unacceptable. We had originally planned on getting a CX5 next year anyway, so onto the Mazda dealership we went. They didn't have any manual CX5's on the lot and due to the incentives on the 6 my wife decided to give one a test drive. She fell in love with the thing, and I quite like it as well. Mazda offered us $11,500 for her car, so we just couldn't pass up the deal, especially when we weren't sure what the her Sportback would be worth in a few months.

So we're now the proud owners of a Slate 2013 Mazda 6, and we couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Here she is: (the car that is, not my wife)

I mod every car I buy, and though there doesn't seem to be many out there for Gen2 6's, I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Here is my SX4, which I love:

Anyway, I look forward to learning more about the car, and I'm glad to have found this forum.

Regards,

JohnSnowNW
JohnSnowNW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts

to the 6Club!

What type of mods are you looking at?

Injen SP Intake | Tinted Sidemarkers | H9 3000K Fogs | 6000K HighBeams | Triton V3 Switchbacks | Full LED Taillamps
"Then he takes out a cigar and enjoys the ride" - Byakuya
Mz6GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Mz6GreyGhost For This Useful Post:
JohnSnowNW (12-01-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 379 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1641 Post(s)
Thanked 3,074 Times in 2,163 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

25 Years Ago We Had Reagan, Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs.
Now We Have Barak Obama, No Hope, No Cash, and No Jobs.

"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
Everything you'll ever need for the 3rd Gen Mazda6
Byakuya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Byakuya For This Useful Post:
JohnSnowNW (12-01-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz6GreyGhost View Post
to the 6Club!

What type of mods are you looking at?
Not sure at the moment. Some things I'm considering is to update the speakers, replace tailights with the OEM LEDs, and possibly add fogs. It's hard to come up with a proper list when I'm not sure what's available.

It should be noted that anything that would screw with the warranty is probably something that I would add later. This is also a DD, so I won't be going crazy with performance mods.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We bought a used 2009 back in December 2010. The first modification I did to it was replace the head unit and the speakers. Neither interfered with our warranty. The tires are ready to be replaced so I'm getting new wheels to go with them which will be done this weekend.

On my list is OEM fogs, OEM Homelink rear view mirror, HID headlights, LED interior lights, and replace steering wheel with leather wrapped version.

Replacing the wheel with OEM leather wheel, OEM fogs, and OEM rear view mirror would not void any warranty either as they are all OEM add-ons.
SWFan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFan View Post
Replacing the wheel with OEM leather wheel, OEM fogs, and OEM rear view mirror would not void any warranty either as they are all OEM add-ons.
Neither would the LED tails.

It also depends on the dealer. The one I go to is mod-friendly. The techs always ask about my CAI when I'm there, and how it runs...

Injen SP Intake | Tinted Sidemarkers | H9 3000K Fogs | 6000K HighBeams | Triton V3 Switchbacks | Full LED Taillamps
"Then he takes out a cigar and enjoys the ride" - Byakuya
Mz6GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFan View Post
We bought a used 2009 back in December 2010. The first modification I did to it was replace the head unit and the speakers. Neither interfered with our warranty. The tires are ready to be replaced so I'm getting new wheels to go with them which will be done this weekend.

On my list is OEM fogs, OEM Homelink rear view mirror, HID headlights, LED interior lights, and replace steering wheel with leather wrapped version.

Yes, I meant more that performance type mods I was wary of. A CAI was mentioned, which is one that would concern me.

I already ordered a leather wrap from wheelskins for her car. Much cheaper than a new steering wheel.

Thanks for the input.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSnowNW View Post
Yes, I meant more that performance type mods I was wary of. A CAI was mentioned, which is one that would concern me.

I already ordered a leather wrap from wheelskins for her car. Much cheaper than a new steering wheel.

Thanks for the input.
Personally I stay away from the performance mods simply because they don't get you anything, especially if you're a 2.5 liter car like ours. And I'm mainly referring to CAI and exhaust which are the two most common mods when talking "performance mods." The only performance mod that would result in any noticeable actual performance increase is turbo-charging your engine.
SWFan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSnowNW View Post
Well, I've posted twice already, so I thought I should introduce myself. Earlier this month we went to our Suzuki dealer with the intention of purchasing a Kizashi. We had two 2011 SX4's and we wanted to offload on of our smaller ones as we were planning on buying a bigger car next year. Well, when Suzuki went into bankruptcy I decided that we should at least try to get out of one of our SX4's and they had greatly reduced pricing on the Kizashi. The dealer wouldn't work with us and would only offer $9000 on my wife's 2011 Sportback with 8000 miles. This was unacceptable. We had originally planned on getting a CX5 next year anyway, so onto the Mazda dealership we went. They didn't have any manual CX5's on the lot and due to the incentives on the 6 my wife decided to give one a test drive. She fell in love with the thing, and I quite like it as well. Mazda offered us $11,500 for her car, so we just couldn't pass up the deal, especially when we weren't sure what the her Sportback would be worth in a few months.

So we're now the proud owners of a Slate 2013 Mazda 6, and we couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Here she is: (the car that is, not my wife)

I mod every car I buy, and though there doesn't seem to be many out there for Gen2 6's, I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Here is my SX4, which I love:

Anyway, I look forward to learning more about the car, and I'm glad to have found this forum.

Regards,

JohnSnowNW
The Suzuki dealer here was offering brand new sx4's for 9 grand and new kizashis' for 12 grand last week if the dealer there had the same sale that may be why you didn't get offered much. I'm not sure if they were base models though. Anyway welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Tj_Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj_Blaire View Post
The Suzuki dealer here was offering brand new sx4's for 9 grand and new kizashis' for 12 grand last week if the dealer there had the same sale that may be why you didn't get offered much. I'm not sure if they were base models though. Anyway welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
No, they weren't offering anything that low. The base AWD Kizashis (can't find them without AWD here) were discounted to $17,000, and at the time they weren't listing prices on the 13 SX4's. If they had the Kizashi's listed at $12,000 we would have bought one without hesitation.

Last edited by JohnSnowNW; 12-01-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.