newbie having some troubles with TCS - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Mazda6 (Atenza) > Newbie Section
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

I originally replied to a post over here http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...t&p=1608169, but thought I might also need to post in the newbie section, since I'm new and don't really know a whole lot. so here was my post:

QUOTE (chrisofspades @ Oct 12 2009, 08:58 AM)
Quote:
I'm having pretty much the same problem with my 2003 Mazda6 V6 manual. No mods at all. In the past it used to just happen right when I started the car. The engine would make a lugging sound, the RPMs would bounce around 1000, and I wouldn't be able to rev past 3000. TCS indicator light (car w/ squiggly lines) and the TCS OFF light would both be on. Turning the car on and off and playing with the TCS OFF button next to the steering wheel would eventually get me going again, then the check engine light would be on for a couple days.

Now, it's happening while I'm driving, just as the original post describes. Only, pressing the TCS OFF button does nothing now! I had to get my car towed last night.

I'm going to try the battery trick mentioned here, but is there anything else I can do to get this fixed? Is it just an electrical problem or is there something more?

Thanks![/b]
chrisofspades is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

QUOTE (chrisofspades @ Oct 12 2009, 12:39 PM)
Quote:
I originally replied to a post over here http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...t&p=1608169, but thought I might also need to post in the newbie section, since I'm new and don't really know a whole lot. so here was my post:[/b]
Hey, I started the original thread, sorry I never got back to it. I brought the car into have it looked at, and they tell me its the throttle body that is causing the problem. I can sort of understand that, since I've found that if I drive while constantly moving the peddle the car won't have a problem. Its only if I hold the throttle in one spot that the problem will come up.

I ordered a new throttle body and it gets here tomorrow, so hopefully that should fix the problem! If it does, I'll let you know. Dealer wants $600 to replace the throttle body, but screw that. Bought an optimized one from cordovamotorsports.com for $300 and I'll install it myself.

Current mods- Injen Cold Air Intake, 20% Tint all around, clear corner lights, blue interior LEDs, blue light up door sills, painted brake calipers, Blue Rockblocker light protection film on headlights and clear corners, True-Euro Clear taillights tinted with Nite-Shades

Wish-List Mods- Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Racing Beat Sway-Bars & End-Links, CP-E Engine Mounts, Racing Beat Springs with Bilstein HD Shocks
Sullosar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.