Mazda 6 Vibration - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Mazda6 (Atenza) > Newbie Section
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2007, 06:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
digitom

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Smile

Has anyone had a problem with a tire hop/wobble/bump on their Mazda. Love the styling and the performance my wife and I bought this car new a few months ago at the dealer based on what we had read and after 3 weeks noticed a vibration problem. At this point I'm really upset with Mazda we have a wheel or supention issue that mazda acknowleges in the wheel package offered with the car 18" rims with Perilli P Zero Nero tires nice looking Package. The problem comes at driving speed with a type of bump / hop/ wobble/ skip not a vibration like an out of balance wheel. Mazda has said it's the tire issue, I contacted Perilli and corrected that with them replaced all the tires. The problem is still there. Just for my own satifaction I've driven 5 or 6 other 2006- 2007 Mazda 6's from other dealers with the same wheel package and some with the 17" wheel package and still felt the same problem. I'd like to know if anyone else out there is having a similar problems. Mazda is aware of this but not willing to step up to the plate or acknowledge it to the conumer with the attitude of if we don't do anything it will go away. I've been driving preformance tires and cars my whole life and never had this type of problems with tires or wheels. Could this be a deffect in enginering of this car. At this point in time Mazda has no work around or answer on how to solve the problem. I'm to the point of the car has been in now 4 or 5 times for this and to no avail has not been corrected. I'm about at the end of my rope and I know I can't be the only one in the country with this problem. I felt it in 5 or 6 other cars that I test drove after noticing it in mine. Mazda needs to address it or I will start a lemon law action suit. Can anyone help me with this ( is there a work around or solution). I love the car and don't want to file a suit. Has anyone had the same experience in their car. I know at least three other people who have had the same problem and are living this hell too!

Thanks Fustrated
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

I haven't had any wobble or vibration problems with the stock rims nor my winter rims/tires.

You might get some more/better responses if you break up your post a little with some paragraphs.

I hope you figure out what's wrong!

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Sport/Premium - White Hot 13.2 @ 107
digger10t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

For me, any weather above 32 degrees means no vibration. I dunno. Most shocks are normally liquid filled, so it might be that the cold weather affects them that way, or that what i just said is horseshit and doesn't mean anything.

ninecoronas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2007, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Has anyone had a problem with a tire hop/wobble/bump on their Mazda. Love the styling and the performance my wife and I bought this car new a few months ago at the dealer based on what we had read and after 3 weeks noticed a vibration problem. At this point I'm really upset with Mazda we have a wheel or supention issue that mazda acknowleges in the wheel package offered with the car 18" rims with Perilli P Zero Nero tires nice looking Package. The problem comes at driving speed with a type of bump / hop/ wobble/ skip not a vibration like an out of balance wheel. Mazda has said it's the tire issue, I contacted Perilli and corrected that with them replaced all the tires. The problem is still there. Just for my own satifaction I've driven 5 or 6 other 2006- 2007 Mazda 6's from other dealers with the same wheel package and some with the 17" wheel package and still felt the same problem. I'd like to know if anyone else out there is having a similar problems. Mazda is aware of this but not willing to step up to the plate or acknowledge it to the conumer with the attitude of if we don't do anything it will go away. I've been driving preformance tires and cars my whole life and never had this type of problems with tires or wheels. Could this be a deffect in enginering of this car. At this point in time Mazda has no work around or answer on how to solve the problem. I'm to the point of the car has been in now 4 or 5 times for this and to no avail has not been corrected. I'm about at the end of my rope and I know I can't be the only one in the country with this problem. I felt it in 5 or 6 other cars that I test drove after noticing it in mine. Mazda needs to address it or I will start a lemon law action suit. Can anyone help me with this ( is there a work around or solution). I love the car and don't want to file a suit. Has anyone had the same experience in their car. I know at least three other people who have had the same problem and are living this hell too!

Thanks Fustrated[/b]

I know its been mentioned already but your post is terribly hard to read the way it all runs together.

Tire/wheel vibration is NOT normal nor is it acceptable. It is NOT a manufacturing defect, there are millions of Mazdas out on the roads that don't have any such problems. I don't know what you're feeling but if you drove 6 other cars and felt the same thing I would somehow doubt it's a defect in all of the cars.

A better description of the problem might help. Is it from the front or rear of the car? Does it only happen in a particular speed range or at all speeds? "driving speed" is not really much help.

In all honesty, this is not a widespread problem that affects every Mazda6, as a matter of fact yours is the first report, vague as it is, of such a problem.

Your statement that Mazda "is aware of this" but won't acknowledge it to the public sounds like just wishful thinking. Do you have any proof that Mazda admits to knowing of such a problem, or are you just guessing?

I put about 70 miles on my 6s daily, most of it highway driving and have not felt any such vibration/hop/bounce that you mention. So, for what it's worth this is not a manufacturing defect.

Perhaps a moderator could move this post to the appropriate forum.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
lectric28

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Quote:

Thanks Fustrated

I have just bought an 07 Mazda6 GS wagon and have noticed the same vibration you are talking about. I had the tires balanced and re balanced and was told by the dealer that they had test drove 2 other cars like mine and they experienced the same vibration. I intend to pursue some sort of resolution to the problem but am only starting. I will keep you posted.[/b]
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2007, 06:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Moderator

did you try hunter balance?
Old 12-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

I don't know if this will be of any help, but I had a Toyota with Pirelli's on it and had an awful time with what I can only say was a condition similar to yours...
My issue would go away after about 10 minutes of driving, and drove me crazy...
What I finally found out was that the Pirelli's had a combination of steel and fiberglass belts in the tires, and the glass belts needed to get heated up to feel right...

Not saying that this is your issue, just something to think about...

20% Tint, Cx7 Antenna Mast, AEM Short Ram Intake, PIAA low beams, LED interior lights,
B&M Tranny Cooler, Brake Light Mod, RPM Smoked LED side markers
Dmac43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.