AEM Short Ram intake A/T Question! - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Mazda6 (Atenza) > Newbie Section
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2007, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Track Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,

My dumbass wanted a short ram intake so I bought the Mazda 6i (4cyl) AEM short ram intake for Automatic transmission. Now my question is would this work on my manual (M/T) ?

Ron
Exterior: VIS EVO hood CF , clear side markers, BMW side signal markers, blue led under car, 18'' ICW Osaka 535 wheels, Blue painted calipers., K-Sport Coilovers, CF strut bar (front), NRG chrome hood dampers, 20% tint sides&back, fog lights, 10k HID XenTech Kit, mazdaspeed6 oil cap, mazdaspeed decals, rolled fenders..
Engine: AEM SR Intake, Mazda3 2.0l Spin-on Oil Filter conversion, Tanabe Concept G axleback..
Interior: TWM, Short Shifter, OBX Blue Fat Carbon Fiber Shift Knob, Triple Center Guage Pod (Oil Pressure, A/F Ratio, Volts), Blue Dash/Cluster Leds, Blue Gauge Needles, Blue #194 Leds (doors, cabin lights), Viper 771 Alarm.
Audio:: 2 12" Alpine SWS Type S Subs, 4 6x8 Apline Type R Speakers, Custom Box Blue Leather, JBL mono 301.1 Amp.
More PICS!! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2702685
Coldy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2007, 11:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi,

My dumbass wanted a short ram intake so I bought the Mazda 6i (4cyl) AEM short ram intake for Automatic transmission. Now my question is would this work on my manual (M/T) ?

Ron[/b]
No... They're different...

The infamous screen name windshield banner that mazda6club.com just wasn't ready for... http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=77697 2850...

05 6I ATX/ 09-07-07 Dyno'd at 154 WHP/
wmoore@mar.med.navy.mil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Track Racer

I am gonna try it anyways and see how far i get..
Exterior: VIS EVO hood CF , clear side markers, BMW side signal markers, blue led under car, 18'' ICW Osaka 535 wheels, Blue painted calipers., K-Sport Coilovers, CF strut bar (front), NRG chrome hood dampers, 20% tint sides&back, fog lights, 10k HID XenTech Kit, mazdaspeed6 oil cap, mazdaspeed decals, rolled fenders..
Engine: AEM SR Intake, Mazda3 2.0l Spin-on Oil Filter conversion, Tanabe Concept G axleback..
Interior: TWM, Short Shifter, OBX Blue Fat Carbon Fiber Shift Knob, Triple Center Guage Pod (Oil Pressure, A/F Ratio, Volts), Blue Dash/Cluster Leds, Blue Gauge Needles, Blue #194 Leds (doors, cabin lights), Viper 771 Alarm.
Audio:: 2 12" Alpine SWS Type S Subs, 4 6x8 Apline Type R Speakers, Custom Box Blue Leather, JBL mono 301.1 Amp.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wow... Worst thing that could happen? Just wouldn't fit and if it does you'll maybe throw a cel. Keep us updated cuz you never know.

The infamous screen name windshield banner that mazda6club.com just wasn't ready for... http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=77697 2850...

wmoore@mar.med.navy.mil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Track Racer

I just checked the place where i bought it and they advertised as 03-06 mazda 6 4 cyl... They never mentioned that it should be A/T but on the manual it clearly states 03-04 A/T.. and my car is a 05 M/T..Everything on the pictures looks the same, i contacted the guy and I 'll see what he got to say about it..
Old 01-10-2007, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Trouble1986 Send a message via MSN to Trouble1986 Send a message via Yahoo to Trouble1986

Should work fine..
Old 01-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I just checked the place where i bought it and they advertised as 03-06 mazda 6 4 cyl... They never mentioned that it should be A/T but on the manual it clearly states 03-04 A/T.. and my car is a 05 M/T..Everything on the pictures looks the same, i contacted the guy and I 'll see what he got to say about it..[/b]
Yeah, the pics of products online are usually not what is actually for sale. Most have disclaimers specifically for this. Anyway, Trouble1986 says it should work just fine so... Good luck...

Old 01-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Sacramento6

It should work as poorly as any SRI ever will.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Track Racer

No this mistake is the sellers not mine and it seems like it will fit, so i will keep you posted.. Also I have a carbon fiber hood with 3 air vents so i am going to use one and guide the air to my short ram intake..So I don;t get to much hot air, and I also have a vent at the bottem where my fog lights are at, so I should be fine air wise..
Old 01-10-2007, 02:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

at least it'll sound nice?

should fit ok..
'04 Mazda6i MTX -- VG Sharkfin Antenna, MOMO shifter knob, Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1, AudioLink + iPod, Clear Sidemarkers, Lower Fogs, Royal Purple Synthetic 5w20, 17x7 SPYN Speed Evo Hyperblack with Falken Ziex 512
Squireglig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.