Connecticut Wheel Repair are Fly-by-night shop - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Groans: 128
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Connecticut Wheel Repair are Fly-by-night shop

So the Sport Editions that came with my car were the previous owners Winters. Since purchasing my RX-8 Wheels, I decided that the sport would become winter wheels. One problem. Previous owner curbs one. OK, need to get fixed, but blown off by Alloy Wheel repaire twice. So I searched google and found this shop. Read their google reviews, nothing but excellent, called the guy for a quote, he says $80 I'll give you the wholesale price. OK deal, I'll drop it off. After a month no call back I call to be told that the wheel is getting ready for paint, I told him I didn't need it painted just straighten out(he says "It needs to be painted because we heat it up to bend it back" in the absolute rudest manor), I was going to paint it. I say ok fine, call me when its done. Some more time goes by, I finally get the call back and he tells me its ready, and the bill comes to $150. I argue the fact he quoted me $80 to straighten it and I said I didn't need it paint. He gets pissed and hangs up on me. I sent a drive down with cash to pay and pick it up. Got the wheel back, noticed right away the color is incorrect ( Yeah not a big deal, I'm painting them anyway) and under the clear coat are what looks like metal shavings. Here is a side by side with the original wheel and the "repaired" one.

I did take the time to post a bad review on Google. Just thought I would share my pain with you guys.

Have I helped you or supplied you with Information? Thank me by donating to The New England Mazda6 Auto Club HERE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Groans: 22
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
awww I was hoping for a good review. Had a similar issue with my sis bf with his 22s at a shop in boston. They actually "lost" the wheels for 2 months and they showed back up. They finally got them done right, but for 600 I would have wanted them back faster. They were fucked and came back better than new.

"I'd rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built if for me. Your car is your story so don't let someone else write the book." Moog from Mighty Car MOD
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Do you have any shots with the curb rash?

I can do a better job than that myself without any prefessional tools. Just food for thought. I would write a bad review that my help some of that pain subside.

Have I helped you or supplied you with Information? Thank me by donating to The New England Mazda6 Auto Club HERE.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Wow my friend worked for that place and I almost applied when they were hiring a little while back. That's a bummer man, the owner seems very shady IMO. All about the dollar.

Their shop is right up the street from me, I'm sorry to hear about that man.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

2004 Mazda 6 Sport V6 MTX-Steel Grey

MSDS Headers/Ported Intake Manifolds + 1/2" Spacer/Injen CAI/3.7L OTB/TGNY TB Spacer/Magnaflow CBE/AWR 88 Mounts/Rotora H2 Ceramic Brakes//CF Evo Hood,Grill,Eyelids,Window Visors,Mirror Covers/CAR-LED Tails/35W 5000k HIDs/55W 6000k Integrated Fogs/LED Fogs/1000w Xplōd Amp/Two 800w 12" Xplōd Subs/15% Tints/18x8.5 +50 Kazera "CF" Rims/Hankook Ventus Evo 245/40/18

Future Mods:Powermod Tuner/Custom DoubleDin/BC Coils
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Mazda Guru

Totally Shady. Josh I did write a review. But it seem that it isn't there anymore.... Thought about sicking the MSF dogs out on the bussiness, but i'll save that for something more worthy.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicNutrition View Post
Totally Shady. Josh I did write a review. But it seem that it isn't there anymore.... Thought about sicking the MSF dogs out on the bussiness, but i'll save that for something more worthy.
Yeah, wait to unleash the dogs for something good

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Groans: 13
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Wheel Collision. All day. Every day.
The Following User Says Thank You to xtmesisx For This Useful Post:
SonicNutrition (11-09-2012)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Mazda Guru

I'll take you recommendation. For the time it took this jerk I would have been ok shipping it to PA.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Those aren't metal shavings. Do you know if they painted or powder coated these? Those are outgas bubbles or their air line for their paint/powder gun has oil/water in it. That's terrible prep. Outgassing happens when a cast alloy is heated up. Naturally alloys are pourous and even though the substrate appears clean there will be little pockets filled with dirt and grease(kind of like skin pores). When the metal is heated the oils and dirt come out. Proper procedure would to be to heat the wheel for about half an hour to outgas the metal. Then sandblast and clean again then powder coat.

Last edited by xkreedx; 11-09-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: I can't spellz
The Following User Says Thank You to xkreedx For This Useful Post:
SonicNutrition (09-25-2014)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Groans: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
^^^ that's what i was going to say but his explanation sounds a lot better then mine lmao

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT #04923:....Stage2+ FTMFW

Tama: or when someone does a line off a 12$ hookers ass
Legacy4Life: it sure makes mod meets interesting
Alex: Mmmm $12 hookers are the best
Legacy4Life: i prefer the ones with father issues who come because they just want to have a good time but understand why they were invited they still have souls
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex_MS6 For This Useful Post:
SonicNutrition (04-26-2014), xkreedx (11-09-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page