NeX

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Race Stories

Before you continue reading
On behalf of NEM6 - we DO NOT condone racing in any way or form. Racing is illegal, dangerous and potentially fatal. (unless on a dragstip where supervised, and legal)

OK so are cars generally aren't related to racing, unless you have a speed of course.. but I figured at least some of have had some fun on the streets! So share your stories!

My best story was actually this past Sunday..was driving on 95 south with my friend and we saw a cobalt a little ahead and I was gaining on him anyways...when we got closer we noticed it was an SS supercharged... so when I was just about passing him he sped up and stayed next to me...heard him downshift.. mind you we were going about 70.... solo I dropped it into 4th and we both went..wouldn't you know I mixed him out haha...

Thennnn a little further up we slowed down to about 40 45.. then he did he 3 beeps ( thankfully I was prepared and in high end of 2nd) nosed him out again.

Must say these cars are quicker than I though!

And FYI, the turbo as blows the v6 6 out of the water...tryed Already haha

Sent from my Nexus 7

2004 Mazda 6S - V6 5 Spd - Lapis Blue
My Garage // Build Thread

Last edited by NeX; 10-19-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 101 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 406 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1698 Post(s)
Thanked 3,211 Times in 2,236 Posts
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Haha another NE thread? People are going to get sick of us haha - Oh well they can deal with it

Only thing we should be weary of is that we don't condone racing in any way or form. Racing is illegal, dangerous and potentially fatal.

I raced a 2006 Maxima from a dig on Park Ave. in Worcester. Kid had black rims with a red pin stripe, lowered, blacked out tails.

He got a little jump on me (I was trying to find a good racing song on my iPhone )

Stayed in first until 5500 RPMs, super clean shift into 2nd and squealed the tires a bit. Clean shift into 3rd at 5000 RPMs and I was gone. Got about 5 car lengths on him by the time I got into 4th.

Then just a couple weeks ago I was on 190 South coming from Rt. 2. Was cruising at 68 in the left lane when I saw two cars coming up fast on me. I moved out of my lane with plenty of time for them to pass without slowing, but apparently this wasn't good enough for them.

They flew up next to me and the passenger was cursing at me, flipping me off, you name it. The car following the first one did the same thing, as they sped off.

I was in a good mood so I figured I'd show them what a real car and real driver could do.

I held 90mph behind them for a little while since there was traffic, but they caught on to what I wanted. The front car was some 2002 Sonata or something, the 2nd car was an '04 - 06 Chevy Malibu.

I got up next to them as they slowed to about 60. We did a 60 roll and they might as well have slammed on their brakes because of how fast they fell from my view. They obviously didn't know how to drive.

I slowed down around 100 and let them catch up, but they kept going. I floored it again and hit 115. The Sonata or w/e was done, he backed off, and the Malibu tried getting me. I hit the governor (120) while rounding a wide turn and they couldn't touch me

Current: 2014 GT, Sold: 2004 V6 GT, The Great Mazda Climb!

25 Years Ago We Had Reagan, Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs.
Now We Have Barak Obama, No Hope, No Cash, and No Jobs.

"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
Everything you'll ever need for the 3rd Gen Mazda6
post #3 of 101 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Groans: 22
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
crazy SOBS! I redlight spanked a Porsche, not my fault he couldn't get around the T bus. Still beat him! He lit the tires and didn't gain traction. Which I found hilarious, my tires are BALD! Shot from the light by JFK station to harbor point. Rolled it home, he followed me to my spot as he lives here to. Just slow rolled and asked for another go.
Im good.
Bucket list check.

"I'd rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built if for me. Your car is your story so don't let someone else write the book." Moog from Mighty Car MOD
post #4 of 101 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedMainah View Post
Bucket list check.
Precisely. I'm not a racer by any means. But now I can say I've hit the governor, and I've out-dug a (somewhat) formidable car with my 6

post #5 of 101 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
NeX

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Added that we do not condone street racing to OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Haha another NE thread? People are going to get sick of us haha - Oh well they can deal with it
Do they not like new threads? lol. Just trying to get discussions going.. this is, afterall, a discussion board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Stayed in first until 5500 RPMs, super clean shift into 2nd and squealed the tires a bit. Clean shift into 3rd at 5000 RPMs and I was gone. Got about 5 car lengths on him by the time I got into 4th.
CMONNNNN got to hit redline! Its there for a reason! (car wont let you over rev anyways, unless you downshift at the high of an RPM, then just kiss the motor goodbye)

SO i must say, people, as well as myself, underestimate these cars, esecially with a standard.. they are quite torquey! And i cant tell you how much i LOVE the VVT crossover at about 4500, now i know why honda guys love vtec lol.. first car ive had that has the variable valve timing, quite nice I must say

2004 Mazda 6S - V6 5 Spd - Lapis Blue
My Garage // Build Thread

Last edited by NeX; 10-19-2012 at 07:54 PM.
post #6 of 101 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 11:49 PM
100% CANUCK

Mentioned: 310 Post(s)
Quoted: 1202 Post(s)
Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,133 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
A few months back i was coming home on a county road out in the sticks. Noticed a white car (90's accord i belive with a vtech in it driven by a young punk)ahead of me going super slow. I slowed from 60mph down to prob around 40 to pass as he was doing maybe 30 at most (50mph speed limit on road).

As soon as i was beside him he punched it. I heard him step on it so i rev'd out 3rd till 6000k, shifted into 4th & left him far back. Slowed coming into a small town and he caught right up to me. Came to a stop sign leaving the edge of town. As im going through the intersection i notice he is beside me in the wrong lane in the middle of the intersection trying to get infront of me. I floored it in 1st, squacked into 2nd and by the time i hit 3rd i already had a few lengths on him. Just kept going till i hit about 100mph & held it for a couple miles at least.

I knew there was a spot coming up there the cops love to sit as everyone speeds on that road and i had been caught there so i slowed right down. He eventually caught up & i allowed him to pass as his gf & friend pointed & laughed going by. Low & behold, in basically the exact spot i got a ticket a few years back he was pulled over by the fuzz.

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW FUCKER!!

I was pleasently suprised how easily & quickly i pulled away from him. Must say i love my 6. I can only imagine how much of a whoopin he woulda got if i owned a speed

Last edited by Mr.Smoke; 10-19-2012 at 11:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Smoke For This Useful Post:
SonicNutrition (10-25-2012)
post #7 of 101 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to BrassClef
Only racing I've done was on the track. Sooooo much better - and safer.

- mr. Stick-in-mud

post #8 of 101 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Haha Smoke that's great!

I've only witnessed a person being a d-bag on the road and immediately being puled over by the fuzz once and it made my week haha.

Dude was being a jerk getting on the highway (typical Mass-hole) and tried cutting across all 3 lanes so he could punch it around the slower traffic.

Didn't see the Statey (State trooper for you NON-Bostonians) in the outside lane as he BARELY missed him. Immediately the blues went on and I laughed my ass off.

Also, if a Mod sees this, could they please move this to an appropriate thread? The NE section shouldn't be the only ones who get to talk about this (completely legal and always on a track with officials) racing - Thanks.

post #9 of 101 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Thanked 1,063 Times in 846 Posts
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just yesterday there was a d-bag driving a M3 (surprise) who apparently had to pee REALLY badly.. About a mile up the road there he is with a statey parked behind him.

Anyway, I've tried to pull a few people with my 6 but most aren't interested. People around here suck.

But years ago, I was driving my girlfriend-at-the-time's STOCK honda civic mtx down 111A on our way to her parent's place in Hollis.. Well there are a couple lights as you get onto this route and at one of them this riced-out civic pulled up a next to us and revved like a tool. So the light went green and off we went. Their engine must have been pretty stock as well because I had no difficulty out-shifting their ass and I had about 7 car lengths on them by the time I hit 70.. at which point I leveled off because I'm not stupid, and they zoomed past thinking they were all cool shit. Seeing them pulled over would have made my night as well, but I didn't.

2006 Mazda 6s GS | Hatchback | Tungsten Gray
post #10 of 101 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Wim

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
How I miss NH. I do not however miss Nashua cops.

In the 90's if you wanted to be a state cop, you had to work in Nashua and show you had what it took. Those guys were bastards who would pull you over for anything they could.

If all else fails, you weren't driving a Mazda6

Handling: H&R lowering springs - Tokico Blues - OPC ball joints - Whiteline Rear Sway Bar - Adjustable Endlinks - DBA 4000 Series rotors w/ Hawk HPS Pads Front and rear

Stereo: Metra single DIN plate - Kenwood Excelon x950 Headunit - Kenwood Excelon shallow mount subwoofers - Boston Acoustics SR60 separates up front - Rockford Fosgate T500-1bdCP, Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Prettified: Speed6 rims powdercoated black - Tinted windows
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page