weatherstripping on rear doors - Page 4 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-22-2013, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 616 Post(s)
Groans: 17
Groaned at 14 Times in 14 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tqking619 View Post
Would you consider the 3M paint protectant film? Trying to decide if I should do that myself.
I do have 3M film from an Ebay seller. I installed most of the front set, except the bumper/air dam films...I keep putting it off.

I inspect the 3M unprotected bumper regularly for chips. Since keeping my distance of the car in front of me (+/-165ft, fast lane, 75-80mph), surprisingly no rock chips since, seriously. I also avoid driving near or behind big trucks or 18 wheelers.

Though I gotta install the rest of the 3M film, before it gets cold out again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-22-2013, 11:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSquirrel View Post
I bet you wouldn't get chips leaving that much space, that's like 11 car lengths. I coudln't do that if I wanted to, the other motorists wouldn't allow it. I generally leave more space than most, and it often seems to be an invitation for someone to pull right in front of you, then slam on their brakes.

Commercial trucks in general and then the ones no mudflaps and/or uncovered loads are extra bad. Regular trucks and SUVs tend to be pretty bad as well, not to mention anyone that veers into service lanes aka debris land. Really though, if everyone else would just stay off the road I wouldn't have to worry about chips
Well, my morning fwy drive to work is 5:30am. Barely any traffic at all. The traffic is at the opposite direction (towards Los Angeles)...so that is plus for me.

Yeah, some do pull in front of me so, no biggie...I adjust my speed accordingly and still create that same 165ish ft distance or I just change to another lane. There is room enough on other lanes, again there is barely any traffic with me going the same direction.

Semis and any big trucks..oh yeah, I avoid driving behind them like the plague. Ditto. I wish too that everyone else would stay off the road so no chip worries.
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExB5 View Post
Well, my morning fwy drive to work is 5:30am. Barely any traffic at all. The traffic is at the opposite direction (towards Los Angeles)...so that is plus for me.

Yeah, some do pull in front of me so, no biggie...I adjust my speed accordingly and still create that same 165ish ft distance or I just change to another lane. There is room enough on other lanes, again there is barely any traffic with me going the same direction.

Semis and any big trucks..oh yeah, I avoid driving behind them like the plague. Ditto. I wish too that everyone else would stay off the road so no chip worries.
Ya'll got me looking and I found a scuff on the hood. It doesn't appear to be an actual chip, so there's a good chance it'll buff out. I should check out the weather stripping too, see if it could be a future problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 09:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Ya'll got me looking and I found a scuff on the hood. It doesn't appear to be an actual chip, so there's a good chance it'll buff out. I should check out the weather stripping too, see if it could be a future problem.
A scuff as in something bounced off the hood? Hope it does buff out..as long as there is no sort of indentation, a good wax on that area to remove the scuff to a shine and it'll be fine.

Veering back to topic, I did inspect my weatherstripping..they all seem secure and fine. Some might probably assume it as flimsy installed basing it in comparison perhaps, to our previous rides. Actually, I find this Mazda 6 weatherstripping to be somewhat better in fact than in my old German it replaced.

What I'll do to it...I'd "feed' it with some silicone to help preserve, improve elasticity and to keep it from drying/getting brittle over time.
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 10:40 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Both doors on my Mazda 6 the weather stripping was coming loose. Dealer replaced one other on back order. Retaining plug is much bigger on replacement.
The Following User Says Thank You to my1saga For This Useful Post:
Byakuya (06-13-2014)
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 696 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2377 Post(s)
Thanked 3,804 Times in 2,654 Posts
Groaned at 13 Times in 13 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by my1saga View Post
Both doors on my Mazda 6 the weather stripping was coming loose. Dealer replaced one other on back order. Retaining plug is much bigger on replacement.
Ditto - waiting for the parts. Should be in today or tomorrow.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

Who would have thought a businessman would be good at running a giant business?...
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Just saw this on both my back doors yesterday. I don't open them more than once a week, so I am pretty surprised by this. Hopefully they can do it the same day they take care of the gas tank recall.
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 740 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Garage
Quote:
...it often seems to be an invitation for someone to pull right in front of you, then slam on their brakes.
That was me, my bad!

Just kidding.

Seriously though, there is a safe distance to tail somebody, and then there is heavy traffic. The two are not really compatible. It's just a driving reality in most metro areas.

Flowmaster dBX Exhaust---Corksport SRI W/Cold Air Box---OrangeVirus Tuned ECU---90lb Weight Red.---Shifter Mods

;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page