Mazda 6 Forums banner

Power Steering Leak....wooo

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ChezzSpeed 
#1 ·
Soo, it appears I have a power steering leak on what I believe is the power steering cooler as per this pic. I guess I would like to know a ball park to get this repaired. Is this a dealer only job? Or can a local garage handle?

From looking around briefly I am seeing parts for that general area, but having a hard time narrowing down exactly what I need. I also came across a power steering cooler kit from Diamond Motorsports, its only 85 bucks, and should be a direct swap as I can tell, is that a worth while upgrade and possibly be a cheaper fix?

It seems to just look like a seal, I cant really check more, lacking tools, equipment etc. I assume this is a fairly common issue, if its a simple job I might be able to persuade some kind folks to lend a wrench.

But for the moment I am flying blind, it drips out of there quite quickly, already filled and emptied the reservoir, going to be a fill up and haul ass job to wherever I choose to get it repaired, just need to know where to start and how much it will likely hurt.

See less See more
#2 ·
Someone will chime in soon. There's a non-OEM replacement that is better, and the link to it will be posted by tomorrow. This is a regular thing with the cars, since they all rust through exactly on the cooler. Good luck.

#3 ·
Reactions: tripolitrx
#6 ·
Has anyone encountered clearance issues with a MS CAI when installing the DM cooler in the link above?

The clearance of the MA CAI filter above the stock cooler is already small and since the DM is a different design I thought I'd double check with the forum before ordering. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.