Mazda 6 Forums banner

4WD and Traction control lights on

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  markspd6 
#1 ·
I might have really messed up on my car. It's a 2007 Mazdaspeed 6. I was trying to run some wires through the big grommet under the clutch pedal. I poked a hole through it off to the side and tried to carefully run a clothes hanger through to the other side. It made it through, and it was to the left of the big bunch of wires, but after I turned my car back on after getting the wires through, the 4WD and traction lights are stuck on the dash, and it definitely feels like it's only in FWD because I've never heard the tires spin in a straight line before this. However I also hooked up a code reader and it's not showing any codes at all.

So i'm fairly certain I must have cut a very important wire or something, does anyone have any suggestions?

#2 ·
Sounds like time to pull the battery & battery tray out and get a very good look at the harness. There have been a few occasions where a wire, or 12, have been nicked in that bundle during the process of running additional wires through that grommet.

The last really exciting thread on this topic was a couple of years ago, and unfortunately the pics are gone, but here's the link anyway-
http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspeed6/251359-drilled-into-wiring-harness-help.html

#3 ·
I've taken a look at what I can see but it all looks normal. If I cut a wire it's on the inside of the grommet, so I guess the next thing to do would be to take that out and see if any wires are cut. Is there an easy way to get that out?

Took a couple pictures of where I ran my tubing.
From the inside under the clutch pedal: imgur: the simple image sharer
From the outside in the engine bay: imgur: the simple image sharer

#4 ·
Just make a new hole!

Its way easier to make a new hole big enough for a few wires and grommet that yourself than risk doing what you just did!

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.