Mazda 6 Forums banner

My list so far

7K views 36 replies 9 participants last post by  SneakyP86 
#1 · (Edited)
I still have a lot of reading still to do but that’s okay as my son made me promise not to do any of the work till he is back to in town. Since he's working out of town till sometime in august that gives me plenty of time to try to get a clue as to just what the hell I'm doing. I mean I was one the early users of the StandBack and we all know where that got me (BOOM). So here is a list of the parts I have and what intend to get, if anyone has an opinion on the parts I have or suggestions for something I don’t have on the list I would like to know your suggestion and the why behind it.

Long Block :
I was able to pick up one up with very low miles 2500 for a very good price. I intend to stick with the stock internals unless I find anything bent once I pull the head and drop the oilpan for a look see. My reasoning for this is if I build it I would much rather have a sleeved block, for now I will be more than content with around 350 on the ground HP which would be around 100 more than stock. That can be somewhat of a DD that can also double as my play pretty .

PERFORMANCE PARTS :
exhaust manifold -topmount - custom- ceramic coated

downpipe - custom - custom - non catted- ceramic coated down to the flex joint

screamer pipe - ceramic coated

Turbo - Turbonetics turbo -hotside has been ceramic coated -T3/T4 hybrid with a 50 trim .63 AR and a 57# wheel and also has ceramic ball bearings.Its water cooled and I got them to add NPT threads where the water and oil hook up that way I can go to Home depot for the connections and use high pressure hose which should make it easier to run the lines

External wastegate - Tial 38mm with a 13# spring

EBCS - Perrin 3 port (may get a different one as this one has to be spliced in)

Exhaust - Corksport cat back

FMIC - PWR core is 18 x 6 x 2 3/4 vertical veins(talked to PWR and said that core should be good for between 400 - 500 hp) not sure it will be worth the as I need to cut off the end tanks and change them around but I got for free when I bought the top mount manifold and it included piping and silicone tubing

Flywheel - Fidenza lightweight (haven't decided on a clutch yet)

SUSPENSION PARTS :

Coilovers - BC (was all there was at the time)

Swaybars - AutoExe front & rear

End links - AutoExe adjustable

MOTOR MOUNTS :
street unit - drivers and passenger side (had the front dog bone but haven't been able to find it yet)

Front motor mount - turbine tech

Diff Mounts - Turbine Tech for the front and stiffer inserts for the rear

BRAKES :

Rotora - drilled and slotted, pads - H2

GAUGES :

Wideband AFR, EGT , Oil pressure , Oil temp. , Water temp. Boost gauge (and yes I know that’s a lot, but I drive trucks for a living and am used to having a lot of info. in front of me)

MISCELANEOUS SHIT :

EGT block off plate
Windage tray (haven't decided if I'm going to do the BSD or not yet)
Apexi turbo timer (has anybody actually figured out how to get everything working if you use it yet?)

THINGS I WILL or MAYBE GETTING

Safe Seals
AP V3? (Haven't read up on it yet but in a nutshell what is the difference between V2 and V3?)
3 bar map
Have to make an intake system since I can't find one that would work with my topmount turbo
Was going to have my intake manifold PNP but they want so much to do it may get the one made made by JMF. (If you are running please let me know your impressions)
Optimized throttlebody (again if you are running one let me know your impressions)
HPFP - Had a CP-E one but I sold it, probably go with internals this time maybe the CorkSport this time (which do yall suggest)

There may be a things I haven't found yet or something I haven't about needing yet so if you think of them please feel free let me know…….. THANX

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.