Mazda 6 Forums banner

Highest Horsepower

12K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  xkreedx 
#1 ·
Did a search on this subject and couldn't find anything definent. It's just a random curious question I had but does anyone know what the highest horsepower any MS6 has out there on the road these days or even in the past?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
Iirc superskaterxes has the highest hp speed 6 I've seen or read about. That's not including people less forum active or actual mazda motorsport speeds.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f498/superskaters-super-build-106836/

" GTX35R BITCHES ~ TXS BOV ~ CPE XcelXL SRI ~ AP SELFtune ~ Hallman MBC ~ Custom Side-to-Side FMIC w/Treadstone TR1035 Core ~ CPE DP ~ DNP Mani w/Tial 38mm MV-S EWG VTA'd~ CPE BT TIP ~ TWM STS ~ CPE RMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ SURE FDM ~ BC CO's slammed ~ SPC BJ's ~ EBC Red's ~ Stoptech's ~ Technafit SS Lines ~ Autometer Boost & STRI EGT in Custom Built Vent Pod ~ 20% Tint ~ LED Tails ~ Denso ITV-24's @.024 ~ Xtra Shorty Antenna ~ Dashhawk ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ Custom Strut tower bar ~ Whiteline RSB ~ PnP'd IM ~ CDFP Internals ~ dw65c ITFP ~ crushed stock FPR @ 90psi ~ CPE SAFEseal ~ labonte meth kit ~ dual 1000cc 5th injectors ~ VC tapped OCC ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust ~ SS Clutch Line ~ 430awhp/464awtq ~ 11.6@119 1.74 60' 3655 lbs"

Sent from my dial up phone

#5 ·
Anthony (superskaterxs) is running high 10's i believe, maybe low 11's with his MS6 so i know he has the "fastest" MS6/MS3/6 to my knowledge. Justin doesnt track his car so its impossible to know, but im not sure if he'd hit those times with his current setup, down the road with his future plans, definatly a possibility.

I know Dustin (Djuestin) has a freak, want to say hes in the mid 400's for power. theres more high powered MS3's than MS6's for sure, just because theres more owners and well, less drivetrain loss with FWD.

#6 ·
^^ I'm with @Rainmens superkaterxs has the fastest times I've seen.

The Great NY (Justin) has a twin-turbo'd V6 tuned to hell, but has never posted any times or numbers. People speculate that he has the fastest one period, but some also have a sneaking suspicion that since he hasn't posted any information, it's not as crazy as we all imagine it to be.

#7 ·
Keep in mind guys, theres tons of MS3's in the 400+ range with ease a, few in the 500 range, a cpl in the 600 range, and i beleive one that hit 700. When Justin gets fully built i believe he said he'd be in the 600 range IIRC, but thats not the case right now.

#9 ·
lolz- ya'll have this under control, nothing I can add here...
Perhaps differentiate between most power and fastest.

Especially in the speed3 world they are two vastly different things

#10 ·
This thread reminds me, after seeing some of the stuff Canyon Rider has done, I want so badly to have the balls to gut my speed 6 back seats, etc, down to the lowest weight I can achieve, and THEN see how it handles.. That or do the same with a motor swap to the gen 1 sedan 3's.. If only..

#13 ·
There's MS6's in the low 11's or even 10's? That's pretty crazy. Only took 7 years. Haven't paid attention to anybody's builds in years now.

Rhoadblock claimed to have his down to the 3,000lb range, I believe. But I'm pretty sure he made some drastic compromoses to get to this weight. More than the average person would want to do.

I saw a couple guys mention on MSF that they'd had their car down to 3200lbs or so. That is pretty impressive too. A totally stripped, feather weight MS6 would be fun as shit.

#11 ·
has Alpha been on the track? He is the one with the EFR Full Race kit. He has some Precision turbo that isnt even out yet. that shit boosts as easy/easier than the k04 but has MAD flow. i know he is at least in the 400s. he might not be that fast but that power band must be ridiculous.

also dont forget about mazdagaragepat. hes the one in europe somewhere with one of the fastest speed6s(mps6) out there so i'm sure he is making at least 400 as well

#12 ·
Thanks for all the information gentlemen. It was a curious question I've had for awhile but couldn't find any deffinent answers. I should have differentiated between fastest and most powerful. I had no idea anyone built anything more then 400+ awhp. The most I've ever seen was 389awhp. I knew a lot of MS3s were way up there. I'm slowly learning more about the cars capabilities. I really want my MS6 to get up there eventually but this is not for a couple years when the warranties done and I find another DD. Also appreciate not getting ,for lack of a better term, chewed out for asking this question. Trying to get more into the car scene and more knowledge-full but it's hard in the military with 12 hour shifts, 6 days a week.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#15 ·
It is true that stripping weight from a Speed6 is also stripping from it its label as a pseudo luxury sport sedan. But then again, a new 2014 6 (or anything else), complimented with a track day/track terror, 3000 lb MS6 would be awesome. Best of both worlds.

#16 ·
HP is an easy one, it all comes down to the numbers. To talk fastest can be tricky though since the limiting factor for any car could certainly be the organic blob behind the wheel (to Paraphrase Top Gear U.K.)

Reactions: Jjkalai
#17 ·
my highest HP pull right now is 508 and i own the record for the quickest/fastest/ and lowest 60' in the world. 11.30 @126 with a 1.63 60'

come spring ill hopefully be the first person to break 10's and im shooting for the 600whp mark!

#18 ·
ant you done any weight reduction? or just pure POWAAAA

#19 ·
my track weight was 3455 with me in it (im 175ish)

fully gutted, 1/4 tank!

Reactions: RhoadBlock
#24 ·
I decided that project a year and a half ago when fueling was still a major issue and no one had any solutions. Huge HP numbers were still too far out on the horizon. And I mean hell, we JUST NOW finally got our intake manifold. Our support was still too niche.

The DISI MZRs are now a recognized and respected platform in the tuning world.

I've actually abandoned the Dtec project for an LS swap. To be different. To work on my fab and welding abilities. And I love V8 sedans. And American V8s are so easy to work on and really affordable to build.

#25 ·
...Please tell me you're talking about dropping an LS in the speed6.. I've dreamed of such a thing, didn't think the engine bay could handle it. I knew a miata had tons of room for small block v8s but didn't know where our engine bay stood for such a setup. Between your curb weight and if you were talking of putting an LS in the 6, that would be a hell of a ride. I haven't seen this new intake manifold you speak of but I know in Abilor's guide he mentioned stock being mediocre. Which LS are you talking btw?

#33 ·
Any of them honestly. I'd be happy with an LS1 just to start with and get the car running again. After that I can build whichever motor I want and swap it in there with little effort. Overall goal would be either a 500whp n/a LS2 stroker or a boosted LQ4/LQ9. I've even tossed around the idea of doing a carbureted setup to make things easier to install - no wiring harness, pcms/ecus, etc. I keep hawking copart for totaled GTOs, G8s, Camaros, Firebirds, etc. to pick up for cheap and swap the drivetrains. I live 15 mins from their Tampa lot but they NEVER get any of the good stuff there. I'd obviously have a lot of fabrication and some custom goods. But I've got the game plan together. I can fit an LS in engine bay. Barely. But I can get it to fit. And cutting a tranny tunnel would be cake. I'll have to figure what to do about the front subframe. It's gonna be in the way some, and also gonna be a challenge to relocate the steering rack - but far from impossible. I'll have to swap a rear end in there to take all the torque to the rear wheels. But I've got a game plan for that too.

It's just money mang. If I had the money I could make the time happen lol. So don't expect anything anytime in the near future. Especially with me gettin married this September. But it will happen eventually. Especially if my grandpa does downsize like he's been talking to me about and I takeover the mortgage on their house with a full detached garage in the back yard.

#26 ·
^^ there's a large thread on MSF about the IM, i can find it if you arent able to. Very nice piece and also a pretty penny. I chose to go with a member from there (NJspeed3), he sent me a PnP'd IM with VTCS removed and i sent him back my OEM IM, with shipping it was approx $250. I picked up around 15-20 g/s and some extra power as well, was very satisfied.

#28 ·
Im not positive if he offered the high temp painting or not, im sure he could, the guy is amazing, one of the most knowledgable members over there easily. Ask Ant, he can chime in.. @superskaterxes

He sent the IM as soon as payment was recieved as he has them on hand just waiting to get out the door.

#29 ·
yep i would vouch for njspeed3 (gerry) any day. he does a great job with porting.

#31 ·
Careful skates, they sucking you back in...

go build your motor damnit, there's an evo with your name on it!

#32 ·
Evo why now? lol

Also I searched and couldn't seem to find a dedicated thread for the PnP through Gerry, I assumed he'd have a thread on MSF like block runs where he posts pricing, pics, and vouchers of satisfied customers. Maybe my google-fu blows lately. Anyone up for a link? =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.