M2 dp install... Broke vband bolt - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Go Back   Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > Technical / Performance / Model > Mazda 6 1st Generation (2002-2008) > Mazdaspeed6
New User? Register
Mazda6Club.com is the premier Mazda 6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ya I used the gaskets too. I don't see or hear any leaks, but the extra antisieze burning off freaking stinks. I was like wow what's the stink? Popped my hood... shit where's this smoke coming from!? Oh it's just the antisieze on the O2 sensors. Fwew it stinks.
2007 mazdaspeed 6 sport. Black Mica. Boss premium audio. 83k miles. Fidanza Aluminum flywheel, SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch. Denso ITV22 plugs. Corksport SRI/TIP. Cobb AP. Autotech HPFP internals. M2 Catless DP. Corksport Power Series CBE. Custom FMIC. Blow through maf. Dual maf sensors. Type rs BOV full atmospheric. Prosport Digital Red Boost gauge Center Vent. Black and Red DR21's 18" with Nitto Invos. 235 40 zr18 summer sneakers. Stock rims Goodyear Ultra Grip WRT 225/45/18 winter boots.
Seigisama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Thanked 2,861 Times in 1,868 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts

OK, so I installed the gasket too, sort of an automatic reaction I guess.....

Wondering if that explains why the crappy v-band clamp is such a shit- mine barely fit.

I'm thinking that perhaps the gasket was only included for problems, and would normally not be used (since the gasket is not normally used for this style connection) and that the included v-band would work better and last much longer if the gasket was skipped at first install?
Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Bolted, Mounted, FLOWTuned & Autocrossed
Dixie Region SCCA

TiGraySpeed6 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

Maybe that's is why it was a pita to get on... Oh well just gotta keep an eye on the temp fix until a new vband clamp comes.
2007 mazdaspeed 6 sport. Black Mica. Boss premium audio. 83k miles. Fidanza Aluminum flywheel, SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch. Denso ITV22 plugs. Corksport SRI/TIP. Cobb AP. Autotech HPFP internals. M2 Catless DP. Corksport Power Series CBE. Custom FMIC. Blow through maf. Dual maf sensors. Type rs BOV full atmospheric. Prosport Digital Red Boost gauge Center Vent. Black and Red DR21's 18" with Nitto Invos. 235 40 zr18 summer sneakers. Stock rims Goodyear Ultra Grip WRT 225/45/18 winter boots.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

Pictures Of DownPipe... Mostly Installed, and the Vband Clamp fixed, what parts I used... and then broken again :/

Running Stage 2 tune now. 17.5psi peak, tapering to 16psi at redline. Corksport SRI+TIH, 93 Octane. Car is a beast now. It even snarls like one.

Added Soundclip to OP.
Attached Thumbnails
M2 dp install... Broke vband bolt-noheatshield.jpg   M2 dp install... Broke vband bolt-undercar.jpg   M2 dp install... Broke vband bolt-partsdowel.jpg   M2 dp install... Broke vband bolt-threaded-rod.jpg   M2 dp install... Broke vband bolt-all-fixed.jpg  

M2 dp install... Broke vband bolt-brokenagain.jpg  

Last edited by Seigisama; 02-20-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mazda Guru

it'll sound even better in a few weeks as it mellows (builds up carbon inside the dp), less raspy in the cabin, more snarl outside

these things pull like a freight train with the m2 compared to having the stock dp on there! Enjoy!
Dixie Region SCCA

Old 02-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

Pulls like 2 tandem freight trains going downhill with a tail wind. My Fiancee kept going "Honey please stop accelerating so hard." And I said "but baby I'm barely touching the gas peddle." Boost is Instant. Before 10 PSI needed the long peddle almost to the floor, now just a little blip of the throttle and bang 10 psi. Now I can't wait to get my summer sneakers back on so I can have some fun. The Lack of snow in the Poconos this year has almost completely ruined my Blizzaks. Yet I know the instant I put my nitto 555's back on we'll get a foot of snow.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Nice. I'll have to keep this in mind. Looking to upgrade to the M2 but am a bit concerned since i haven't upgraded my internals yet. How does the fuel pressure look when you get on the throttle. I'm debating just doing the DP and monitoring the fuel pressure until I see a need to upgrade those internals.
'06 Mazdaspeed 6|| Cobb SF & AP Stage 1 | RPM Street Springs | SPC Ball Joints | SU Rear MM | SURE Dread | Whiteline RSB |18x8 Enkei EKM3 w/ 225/40 | JBR SSP & SURE Anchors | Rotora Blanks w/ EBC Red Stuff | 6K HID lights/fogs | V2 Pre-amp |
Mi06Speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

I upgraded my fuel pump internals BEFORE I installed the Downpipe. The Stock internals were dipping into the 11's and 12's. The New Autotech internals are 17-18's, but I haven't noticed a loss in pressure after the DP install with the new internals. If you add the cost of the M2 Downpipe TO the Cost of KMD or Autotech internals, you're still paying Less than Just the cost of the DP from anyone else.
The Following User Says Thank You to Seigisama For This Useful Post:
TiGraySpeed6 (02-21-2012)
Old 02-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Mazda Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seigisama View Post
I upgraded my fuel pump internals BEFORE I installed the Downpipe. The Stock internals were dipping into the 11's and 12's. The New Autotech internals are 17-18's, but I haven't noticed a loss in pressure after the DP install with the new internals. If you add the cost of the M2 Downpipe TO the Cost of KMD or Autotech internals, you're still paying Less than Just the cost of the DP from anyone else.

Words worth repeating......
get the HPFP squared away prior to installing DP or upgraded IC
Dixie Region SCCA

Old 02-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 1

I'll take my CPE downpipe over the M2 any day without question. I know its just exhaust and its not CRITICAL if it cracks but i like knowing that my downpipe will last a lifetime without any issues.
Cobb AP.Corksport PS SRI+TIP.CPE SS DP.Corksport PS CBE.EGR Delete.Denso ITV24.CPE HPFP.GFB BOV.SURE Torq R6.SURE Countershift.CS STB.AEM Boost Gauge(Block8head pod).XCarlink IPOD.H&R Sport Springs.Tokico HP Blues.Smoked Side Markers.Mazda Rockstar.FB Badgeless Grille.FB Rear Embem.CS LED Kit.6061 FB Forged Wheels.Gorilla Blue Acorns.G2 Blue Calipers

Last edited by theMazdaratti; 02-21-2012 at 01:11 PM.
theMazdaratti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.